Cost of a First Class Stamp

Started by Churchill, December 09, 2019, 07:15:41 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=8898 time=1575969909 user_id=69
If I really wanted to offend and insult you , you would be in doubt about it  :roll:

and you would get banned.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Churchill

If I really wanted to offend and insult you , you would be in doubt about it  :roll:
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=8894 time=1575969659 user_id=48
Well you might but it was a joke,whatever else you don't have a sense of humour.

What I don't do is just because someone puts a smiley is think it is a joke, it is usually a personal attack.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8886 time=1575966601 user_id=89
No I don't, I get embarrassingly good welcomes wherever I go and get treated with the utmost respect.

Well you might but it was a joke,whatever else you don't have a sense of humour.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Churchill

Yesterday you claimed you don't brag a boast  :roll:  :lol:
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=8866 time=1575927784 user_id=48
What you mean they'd like to secretly bury you somewhere and hide the map. :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist,you do leave open goals though.

No I don't, I get embarrassingly good welcomes wherever I go and get treated with the utmost respect.

Churchill

:lol:  :lol:

Unless things have changed if a letter went into the post without a stamp on it the Post Office used to return it to the sender if known.

If not they would send a form to the address on the letter telling them to collect the letter form the Depot and pay the costs which was about £1.50p.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8862 time=1575925190 user_id=89
As I stated earlier unstamped mail would be rejected by me. As for friends apparently I am a treasure.

What you mean they'd like to secretly bury you somewhere and hide the map. :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist,you do leave open goals though.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=8860 time=1575924882 user_id=62
Don't you have any friends Pappy? Have you even managed to piss off the postie?

An attempt has to be made to deliver all unstamped letters whereupon the postman asks for double the postage.

As I stated earlier unstamped mail would be rejected by me. As for friends apparently I am a treasure.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8853 time=1575922607 user_id=89
An unstamped one would not get delivered.

Breton holidays,  next years ones are already paid for.

Don't you have any friends Pappy? Have you even managed to piss off the postie?

An attempt has to be made to deliver all unstamped letters whereupon the postman asks for double the postage.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=8846 time=1575921534 user_id=62
I like to send an unstamped one to Pappy. That way he will know that I care and if he can afford the £1.28 postage I will also know that he still has plenty of cash for his French holidays.

An unstamped one would not get delivered.

Breton holidays,  next years ones are already paid for.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=8845 time=1575920933 user_id=89
My wife and I stopped sending Christmas cards years ago.

I didn't know that, but it comes as no surprise.

Do you receive any apart from your local Trussell franchise and Help the Aged...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Churchill

Borchester

I like to send an unstamped one to Pappy. That way he will know that I care and if he can afford the £1.28 postage I will also know that he still has plenty of cash for his French holidays.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

My wife and I stopped sending Christmas cards years ago.