The government at long lasts does something about Covid testing crooks

Started by papasmurf, August 23, 2021, 10:08:31 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on August 23, 2021, 10:43:57 AM
IMO the government should provide a list of those companies which are being removed.
People may then take legal action against them for damages and/or recovery of excess payments.

As I understand it they are going to be named and shamed.
At the time I complained to my MP, (who never bothered to respond,) the testing was going to cost more than the return ticket Plymouth/Roscoff on the ferry.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

IMO the government should provide a list of those companies which are being removed.
People may then take legal action against them for damages and/or recovery of excess payments.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Long overdue, I complained to my MP about it months ago.
More at link:-
https://news.sky.com/story/dozens-of-covid-testing-providers-to-be-removed-from-gov-uk-list-after-review-12388211

Dozens of COVID testing providers to be removed from GOV.UK list after review
The health secretary had asked the competition watchdog to investigate the market for PCR tests due to concerns about "exploitative practices" and inadequate service.

Monday 23 August 2021 07:48, UK

More than 50 companies will be removed from the government's list of approved COVID-19 testing providers.

The move comes following a review of pricing and service standards from those offering day two and day eight tests for people arriving in the UK from overseas.

The review was announced earlier this month due to concerns that many of the companies - which are on a government list of COVID testing services - lacked full accreditation and were charging too much.

Some 57 companies will be removed from the list as they no longer exist or they do not provide the relevant testing services.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe