How about a free for all board/forum/whatever?

Started by Borchester, August 23, 2021, 11:24:35 AM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: Thomas on August 28, 2021, 07:31:07 PM
says the man who has been throwing teddies sky high since the brexit vote , even to the point of trying to overturn the established rules of democracy.

You dont do irony quackers do you?

I'd already thrown most of my teddies out of my pram before the referendum. With your talent for creative reinterpretation of the past I'd have thought you, of all people, would remember that!
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on September 09, 2021, 06:24:35 AM

I know I blocked Thomas for repeatedly lying about me and misrepresenting what I was saying all the time, an annoyance I didn't feel like I wanted to have to bother with. Hence the block. Though I am here so infrequently these days that I have just unblocked him again and will see how we get along. I do dread to think though how he'd behave to those he disagreed with in a forum with no rules.

Steve , i have never once lied about you on this or any other forum , and i invite you once again for the umpteenth time to quote what you think i lied about and discuss it with me.

You wont though as we know , as its easier to make casual throw away remarks about something you cant or wont even try and prove , in the odd appearance you make on this forum , while having me on ignore. Apparently.

Even when you had me on ignore , apparently , you had this obsessive tendecny to constantly bring my name into conversations. Either dont talk about me as you have above , and ignore me as you claim , or take me off and debate a point with me. This is all so very typical of your so called debating style of throwin mud and then running away and hiding as you cannot handle flak back in any way.

As for the wider points you make  , all i can say is some people like the argumetns and bad language of "another place" part of a forum , others dont.

The point is , if it exists , its free to enter , and free to stay out , but typical of you lefties ,( and others to be fair) you prefer to through the baby out with the bathwater and shut every thing down you dont agree with.

Your second last sentence happens anyway wether TOP exists in a forum or not. Thats why we have MODS , and people constantly over the years being banned. Not having another place hasnt or wont stop people being horrible to you steve. You simply dont live i nthe real world mate.

Im sure you are a nice guy in real life steve , and i men that sincerely , but i also call a spade a fekin spade a spade , and as i have said to you before , this is a political debating forum , where tempers do get frayed and people swear.

It isnt friends reunited , or some middle english  afternoon tea party.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

A place where people are free to insult and wind each other up with impunity will create animosities that leak out onto the rest of the forum. And it would become an eager playground for trolls.

Yes it can be mildly irritating when some mod slaps us down for getting a bit carried away and close to the knuckle. But that is the necessary price of a forum where reasonable debate takes place.

I know I blocked Thomas for repeatedly lying about me and misrepresenting what I was saying all the time, an annoyance I didn't feel like I wanted to have to bother with. Hence the block. Though I am here so infrequently these days that I have just unblocked him again and will see how we get along. I do dread to think though how he'd behave to those he disagreed with in a forum with no rules.

Such a forum would I am sure do more harm than good. I remember what it could be like in there when we had one. If someone annoyed you, you could go there and make all sorts of attacks on their character, their intelligence, or whatever which of course they would respond to in kind. It was often ugly and I remember no good coming from it.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on August 27, 2021, 04:34:02 PM
Sound good Barry.

Duh, you are talking to someone who looks for the slot to put the four pennies in when I turn on my computer, so where is the chatbox again?

put yer specs oan ya daft auld bat.

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on August 26, 2021, 03:17:21 PM
I was under the impression that these forums had been pretty much a free-for-all for a long time, judging by the number of teddies that get thrown out of prams. Dancing

says the man who has been throwing teddies sky high since the brexit vote , even to the point of trying to overturn the established rules of democracy.

You dont do irony quackers do you?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 27, 2021, 05:19:59 PM
Bottom of the forum index page (main forum page)
Luddite  :P

It's now at the bottom of every page.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on August 27, 2021, 04:34:02 PM
Sound good Barry.

Duh, you are talking to someone who looks for the slot to put the four pennies in when I turn on my computer, so where is the chatbox again?

Bottom of the forum index page (main forum page)
Luddite  :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on August 27, 2021, 03:03:56 PM
Nick has provided a chatbox on the home page.

Sound good Barry.

Algerie Francais !

Barry

Nick has provided a chatbox on the home page.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

The place is very quiet these days.
Could be a free-for-all might liven it up.
In theory, it might turn out to be freer from the copy & paste that gums up the works elsewhere in the forum...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

We are far too civilised on here to have any need .   ;D  In fact I recall the last time it was tried it was the most amical thread on the board

HDQQ

I was under the impression that these forums had been pretty much a free-for-all for a long time, judging by the number of teddies that get thrown out of prams. Dancing

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on August 24, 2021, 12:21:06 AM
Fair enough John. If anyone breaks the rules outside the cockpit (good title) they can be banned. And if anyone complains inside they can be told to f**k off and grow a pair.

Works for me ( goes to check hide thickness)
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 23, 2021, 10:02:02 PM
The problem (and I speak as someone who has adminisered such a cock pit) is that peope do not leave the fighting in the cock pit but bring it out into the other fora.
I'm all for it, so long as it it clearly understood whingeing about ANYTHING said in the cock pit is itself a banning offence....

Fair enough John. If anyone breaks the rules outside the cockpit (good title) they can be banned. And if anyone complains inside they can be told to F@@@ off and grow a pair. 
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on August 23, 2021, 09:42:37 PM
There you are Barry. One and a half votes in favour already.
The problem (and I speak as someone who has adminisered such a cock pit) is that peope do not leave the fighting in the cock pit but bring it out into the other fora.
I'm all for it, so long as it it clearly understood whingeing about ANYTHING said in the cock pit is itself a banning offence....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>