Nick wants another lockdown...

Started by Barry, August 26, 2021, 09:09:28 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on December 23, 2021, 05:59:31 PM
Dunno, as to why that is.

My theory is that it is another one of those things we can afford.

When I was a lad we had the Asian Flu. We also had coal fires, compulsory smoking and a population that was half cut most of the time. So the school lined us all up and the school nurse handed out swigs of some sort of medical marvel (probably Galloway's Cough Syrup )  with one hand and puffed away at the Balkan Soubranie she held in the other.

And that was it. We were sent back to our lessons and the rest of the country carried on working. But these days we can afford to have the bulk of the workforce sitting on its duff and the politicians are having a whale of a time making grand gestures over a bug that is killing off a lot of oldies who are about due anyway.

To me the most interesting thing has been the attitude of Johnson and Sturgeon. They are both experienced politicians with an admirable level of rat like cunning, but neither seem to realise how much they are pissing off the electorate with their obsession about the flu. Time to sack the pair of them and get politicians who know how to have a bit of fun
What i fully expect to happen though borkie is the troops in scotland and england rallying round , despite thier misgivings about this bug and other things , to keep the labour party out of government.

It is a weird one , how despite what we are all witnessing with our own eyes and seeing in the stats why they persist with the hysteria over this bug.

Was it mark twain who said "its easier to fool people than convince them they have been fooled?"
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on December 23, 2021, 05:59:31 PM

To me the most interesting thing has been the attitude of Johnson and Sturgeon. They are both experienced politicians with an admirable level of rat like cunning, but neither seem to realise how much they are pissing off the electorate with their obsession about the flu. Time to sack the pair of them and get politicians who know how to have a bit of fun
As well as the fact sturgeon is pissing off scottish voters regarding gender self I.d

A third poll in quick succession shows Scottish voters are overwhelmingly opposed to legally-recognised gender self-ID

So make that a hat-trick.  The Scot Goes Pop / Panelbase poll on GRA reform in October showed a massive majority against legally-recognised gender self-ID, as did a Survation poll a few days ago for the policy analysis organisation Murray Blackburn Mackenzie.  Now there's also a brand new multi-question Panelbase poll commissioned by For Women Scotland which has produced the same outcome.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2021, 02:26:24 PM
I dont know sheepwash , but i will tell you this.

What is abundantly clear , across three differing nations where i have friends family and wider acquaintances , what is being claimed by governments , health officials and media differs quite a bit as you can see above from the evidence at hand and what we can see anecdotally.

Im not sure who all these "great unwashed unvaccinated people" are , but in my circle of family friends and acquaintances , all are fully vaccinated except two , one friends son and a family member.

All the vaccinated are the ones catching and passing covid around , of the two unvaccinated , the family member hasnt had covid yet , the other unvaccinated has had it twice in 15 months , first time ill for three days , second positive test , a 24 hour headache and runny nose , what we used to call a common cold.

Quite clearly the hysteria is greater than the reality , and the question is......why?

Dunno, as to why that is.

My theory is that it is another one of those things we can afford.

When I was a lad we had the Asian Flu. We also had coal fires, compulsory smoking and a population that was half cut most of the time. So the school lined us all up and the school nurse handed out swigs of some sort of medical marvel (probably Galloway's Cough Syrup )  with one hand and puffed away at the Balkan Soubranie she held in the other.

And that was it. We were sent back to our lessons and the rest of the country carried on working. But these days we can afford to have the bulk of the workforce sitting on its duff and the politicians are having a whale of a time making grand gestures over a bug that is killing off a lot of oldies who are about due anyway.

Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: Bright Young Thing on December 23, 2021, 04:10:28 PM
I suspect that we up here in Scotland are being prepared for another circuit breaker after Christmas. While I think it's needed, I also think people are so fed up that most won't adhere to it anyway.

I've been right on the frontline since August 2020 and it's with a HUGE sigh of relief that I begin my 2 week holiday today as I suspect I couldn't have coped much longer. Booster vaccine tomorrow - not the best timing but I literally couldn't have arranged it while I was still working.

Yesterday was interesting 

A call to 111 to ask just how long this bloody arm was going to keep on hurting after my Pfizer booster and will it render my arm next to useless like the second shot has done for over six months now (it caused adhesive capsulitis) mushroomed alarmingly after I damn near collapsed breathless at the top of a 26 step staircase while climbing to my office to get the details of the pills I take.

The nurse on the other end of the line became audibly concerned. I was told to ring my GP immediately and when I did I was told to get to the surgery NOW. They were waiting for me, and referred me to hospital where again they were ready and waiting the moment I arrived.

It seems unexpected breathlessness is a critical symptom of a high possibility the Pfizer vaccine has caused a fatal heart problem. 

It took them two hours to be CERTAIN the problems they were seeing in me were not that condition and about another four before they were sure the problem was the booster has actually contributed to making a different condition worse. That plus my consultant I saw a few months ago had got sloppy......

I wouldn't have a booster again if my sodding life depended on it and I would be thinking exceptionally hard before having one during Christmas skeleton staff week ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Bright Young Thing

I suspect that we up here in Scotland are being prepared for another circuit breaker after Christmas. While I think it's needed, I also think people are so fed up that most won't adhere to it anyway.

I've been right on the frontline since August 2020 and it's with a HUGE sigh of relief that I begin my 2 week holiday today as I suspect I couldn't have coped much longer. Booster vaccine tomorrow - not the best timing but I literally couldn't have arranged it while I was still working.
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2021, 03:20:54 PM
Covid passes worked well on my recent holiday in Brittany. Bars, cafés, restaurants and other venues were busy.
Yes, they worked so well in the French nightclubs, they closed them all.
Same in Wales.
I find it very worrying that you can't keep up with current affairs. What else do you have to do all day apart from catch up with girls on motorbikes in Ecuador?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 23, 2021, 01:14:25 PM
Which is why Covid passes are illogical and indirectly discriminatory, as people of colour are less vaccinated that whitey.
Covid passes worked well on my recent holiday in Brittany. Bars, cafés, restaurants and other venues were busy.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2021, 11:25:38 AM
Your television broken?

I don't have a TV.  If you didn't get any names or hospitals, maybe yours is broken.  🤣
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on December 23, 2021, 02:17:08 PM
LOL not so easy Thomas is it? being surrounded by fear and the plain dense who don't understand the science when you put it under their little nosies and still think they are smart enough to tell you how you should think.
I dont know sheepwash , but i will tell you this.

What is abundantly clear , across three differing nations where i have friends family and wider acquaintances , what is being claimed by governments , health officials and media differs quite a bit as you can see above from the evidence at hand and what we can see anecdotally.

Im not sure who all these "great unwashed unvaccinated people" are , but in my circle of family friends and acquaintances , all are fully vaccinated except two , one friends son and a family member.

All the vaccinated are the ones catching and passing covid around , of the two unvaccinated , the family member hasnt had covid yet , the other unvaccinated has had it twice in 15 months , first time ill for three days , second positive test , a 24 hour headache and runny nose , what we used to call a common cold.

Quite clearly the hysteria is greater than the reality , and the question is......why?

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2021, 01:55:03 PM

LOL not so easy Thomas is it? being surrounded by fear and the plain dense who don't understand the science when you put it under their little nosies and still think they are smart enough to tell you how you should think. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Barry

Which is why Covid passes are illogical and indirectly discriminatory, as people of colour are less vaccinated that whitey.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

this makes an interesting read as well.

The epidemiological relevance of the COVID-19-vaccinated population is increasing

High COVID-19 vaccination rates were expected to reduce transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in populations by reducing the number of possible sources for transmission and thereby to reduce the burden of COVID-19 disease. Recent data, however, indicate that the epidemiological relevance of COVID-19 vaccinated individuals is increasing. In the UK it was described that secondary attack rates among household contacts exposed to fully vaccinated index cases was similar to household contacts exposed to unvaccinated index cases (25% for vaccinated vs 23% for unvaccinated). 12 of 31 infections in fully vaccinated household contacts (39%) arose from fully vaccinated epidemiologically linked index cases. Peak viral load did not differ by vaccination status or variant type [

]. In Germany, the rate of symptomatic COVID-19 cases among the fully vaccinated ("breakthrough infections") is reported weekly since 21. July 2021 and was 16.9% at that time among patients of 60 years and older [

]. This proportion is increasing week by week and was 58.9% on 27. October 2021 (Figure 1) providing clear evidence of the increasing relevance of the fully vaccinated as a possible source of transmission. A similar situation was described for the UK. Between week 39 and 42, a total of 100.160 COVID-19 cases were reported among citizens of 60 years or older. 89.821 occurred among the fully vaccinated (89.7%), 3.395 among the unvaccinated (3.4%) [

]. One week before, the COVID-19 case rate per 100.000 was higher among the subgroup of the vaccinated compared to the subgroup of the unvaccinated in all age groups of 30 years or more. In Israel a nosocomial outbreak was reported involving 16 healthcare workers, 23 exposed patients and two family members. The source was a fully vaccinated COVID-19 patient. The vaccination rate was 96.2% among all exposed individuals (151 healthcare workers and 97 patients). Fourteen fully vaccinated patients became severely ill or died, the two unvaccinated patients developed mild disease [

]. The US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) identifies four of the top five counties with the highest percentage of fully vaccinated population (99.9–84.3%) as "high" transmission counties [

]. Many decisionmakers assume that the vaccinated can be excluded as a source of transmission. It appears to be grossly negligent to ignore the vaccinated population as a possible and relevant source of transmission when deciding about public health control measures.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(21)00258-1/fulltext?s=08#%20

Thomas

Whilst you were distracted by a Christmas Party the UK Gov. released a report confirming the Fully Vaccinated account for 4 in every 5 Covid-19 Deaths in England since August

Serious questions need to be answered as to why Boris Johnson's Government have decided to restrict the freedoms of the unvaccinated population through the introduction of Vaccine Passports, when the latest official data shows that the vaccinated population have accounted for 3 in every 5 Covid-19 cases, 3 in every 5 Covid-19 hospitalisations, and 4 in every 5 Covid-19 deaths, in England since August 16th 2021.

The UK Health Security Agency (PHE) is an executive agency of the Department of Health and Social Care and recently replaced Public Health England. The Chief Executive of the agency is Dr Jenny Harries OBE, who you may recognise from the television as she has served as Deputy Chief Medical Officer for England throughout the pandemic.

The UKHSA publish a weekly 'Vaccine Surveillance' report which contains data on Covid-19 cases, hospitalisations, and deaths by vaccination status over a period of four weeks, and unfortunately for the vaccinated population, the official data shows that they have accounted for the majority of Covid-19 cases, hospitalisations, and deaths for at least the past four months.

https://dailyexpose.uk/2021/12/11/report-shows-4-in-5-covid-deaths-fully-vaccinated/

Thomas