Main Menu

It doesn't stop

Started by Borchester, August 28, 2021, 12:48:03 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on August 28, 2021, 06:46:19 PM
Oh for goodness sake stop whingeing all of you. Happy wife = happy life so get the tools out and get the jobs done.

Somehow, coming from you that sounds so much worse.

It's a bit like that early "it'll be alright in the night with Dennis Norden when he showed the Walton's out take n the Christmas episode where John-Boy shouts "Mary Ellen, you've hung them by the balls on the Christmas tree"...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on August 28, 2021, 02:42:39 PM
No it wont.....par for the course thought you'd be used to it by now.

I am and it is the first 50 years that are the worse. That said, I did think that she would have started to run out of puff by now. But that is not the case.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

I actually love little jobs like that, Borchester. Send me your address and I'll pop round and do it for you.
Free of charge, you just pay train fare, get the materials, beers and a meal out at the pub.

† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Oh for goodness sake stop whingeing all of you. Happy wife = happy life so get the tools out and get the jobs done.

yep you tell them toots , i have lived by this mantra all my married life.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 28, 2021, 07:28:00 PM
I beg your Pardon T00ts......well I never you have me blushing. :P

:D

mind like a feckin sewer cromwell.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

I beg your Pardon T00ts......well I never you have me blushing. :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

johnofgwent

You might think it ends the day you die.

No chance

There's a special level of hell where the only thing that's fixed is the eternal supply of juice in the power drills
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on August 28, 2021, 12:48:03 PM
The printer is sitting sideways on a shelf in my office/study/hideaway because the shelf is too narrow for the printer to sit any other way. So she bounces in and starts giving me earache about the printer being in danger of falling off when she walks past the shelf. So I said, the simple solution is don't walk past the shelf. But that doesn't work and she starts bunnying away about what will happen if the printer falls on her and ain't I a selfish old git and that and that.

So I lift the printer and put it on the floor.

There you are I say, now it can't fall off the shelf.

Well, you would have thought that would have brought her up with a round turn but no, she starts waving her hands and saying that I never fix anything and maybe we ought to get a builder in and I think, oh shit, I know when I am beat.

Ok I reply. Not only will I extend the shelf so that it can take the printer full on, but I put a power point there so that I can take the batteries for the lawnmowers, mobility scooters, strimmer, electric razors, phones and no end of other shit off the floor and out of your way and how bad is that?

And she said, when will you start?

And I thought oh balls, will this never end?
No it wont.....par for the course thought you'd be used to it by now.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

The printer is sitting sideways on a shelf in my office/study/hideaway because the shelf is too narrow for the printer to sit any other way. So she bounces in and starts giving me earache about the printer being in danger of falling off when she walks past the shelf. So I said, the simple solution is don't walk past the shelf. But that doesn't work and she starts bunnying away about what will happen if the printer falls on her and ain't I a selfish old git and that and that.

So I lift the printer and put it on the floor.

There you are I say, now it can't fall off the shelf.

Well, you would have thought that would have brought her up with a round turn but no, she starts waving her hands and saying that I never fix anything and maybe we ought to get a builder in and I think, oh shit, I know when I am beat.

Ok I reply. Not only will I extend the shelf so that it can take the printer full on, but I put a power point there so that I can take the batteries for the lawnmowers, mobility scooters, strimmer, electric razors, phones and no end of other shit off the floor and out of your way and how bad is that?

And she said, when will you start?

And I thought oh balls, will this never end?
Algerie Francais !