Pensioners need to find 4 billion

Started by Sheepy, August 30, 2021, 02:21:41 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Sounds like Sunak is just testing the water. He knows that the Cottontops vote with their wallets and that if he has any ambitions about getting Boris' job he can't afford to upset the Walking Dead. So this proposal will be quietly shelved.

I do think we are due an increase in the Christmas bonus. Admittedly I don't smoke anymore or drink as much as I did, but herself likes a bucket or two of Sauternes with the Christmas dinner and I have to find bottles and smokes for the dust and postmen. And the allotment fees have gone up....
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on August 30, 2021, 04:49:30 PM
I think they need to do a risk assessment.
There are 12 million voters over 65 in this country and Sunak needs them if he want any chance of being PM after the next election. 4 billion is cheap compared to wht he has been throwing about lately.
I sent him a message which said, "I'll accept 4.4% now and 4.4% in 6 months" but I never heard back.
I dunno Barry, this always seems one of those WTF moments, they can throw money around creating a rod for their own voters backs and expect that they will take it well, because they have told them they will fix it. Even though they have actually made things 10 times worse, almost like they think everyone is just another pleb.

Barry

I think they need to do a risk assessment.
There are 12 million voters over 65 in this country and Sunak needs them if he want any chance of being PM after the next election. 4 billion is cheap compared to wht he has been throwing about lately.
I sent him a message which said, "I'll accept 4.4% now and 4.4% in 6 months" but I never heard back.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy