Baroness Kate Hoey nominated as trade envoy for Ghana

Started by HallowedBrexit, August 30, 2021, 10:23:36 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on August 31, 2021, 01:34:29 PM
Ghana has large reserves of several industrial and precious minerals — including gold, silver, uranium and diamonds. It also has oil and gas. At the moment it's being strongly wooed by China. With Britain now striving to be global, if it can overcome its earlier association with West Africa, Ghana could be a beneficial trading partner...

Or not as the case may be.

The reason that so many places have reserves of anything is because the stuff is a bugger to reach, with the general rule that the mining companies spend two thirds of their capital building roads and such and a third of it actually extracting whatever they came for. And then you discover that the price is the same as it was ten years ago which means you are losing money.

The best place for gold is in your teeth or on a girl's finger. Otherwise it is just a bunch of City types running a ramp.

Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 30, 2021, 11:58:10 PM

What, pray, do Ghana want to buy from us, or we from them ?

Ok, I looked it up, we buy bananas, tinned tuna and cocoa ..

But do we really buy a billion pounds worth ?
Ghana has large reserves of several industrial and precious minerals — including gold, silver, uranium and diamonds. It also has oil and gas. At the moment it's being strongly wooed by China. With Britain now striving to be global, if it can overcome its earlier association with West Africa, Ghana could be a beneficial trading partner...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on August 31, 2021, 11:18:15 AM
To be fair, if Botham visited South Africa, which is quite possible because they are crazy on sports of all kind, Ghana would be down under because while it (Ghana) is indeed north of the equator, South Africa is south. So if Beefy is standing on top of Table Mountain he might reasonably think that Ghana was up under.

Now to be pedantic, up and unders are part of a different ball game from that played by Botham, Lamb, Richards, and unforgettably Holding and Willey.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on August 31, 2021, 11:20:11 AM
OK Borky I just ain't in the mood for wums at all.

I can see your point Ollie, but it is not as though a lot else is going on is it?
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on August 31, 2021, 11:18:15 AM
To be fair, if Botham visited South Africa, which is quite possible because they are crazy on sports of all kind, Ghana would be down under because while it (Ghana) is indeed north of the equator, South Africa is south. So if Beefy is standing on top of Table Mountain he might reasonably think that Ghana was up under.
OK Borky I just ain't in the mood for wums at all.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on August 31, 2021, 09:41:12 AM
Down under eh?
Your geography is as accurate as your posts,Ghana lies north of the equator so cannot possibly be down under.

More foolishness from the resident wum.

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on August 31, 2021, 10:09:31 AM
Erm. Learn to read properly.  Butt Kick
Erm I did,Wums can be wummed :P
Oh you mean the Ghana and Oz yeah,realised after couldn't be bothered......some might find him entertaining but grates on me.

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on August 31, 2021, 09:41:12 AM
Down under eh?
Your geography is as accurate as your posts,Ghana lies north of the equator so cannot possibly be down under.

Erm. Learn to read properly.  Butt Kick
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on August 30, 2021, 10:23:36 PM
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1484052/brexit-news-global-trade-options-ghana-kate-hoey-eu-exit-latest

The pieces are moving into place. After the excellent Beefy Botham has been nominated as trade envoy for our colony down under, Kate Hoey is now leading the charge in opening up new markets in Ghana.
It's good to see that Boris is nominating our best and brightest for the most important positions so we can once more become the world's chief trading nation.

Union Flag Union Flag
Down under eh?

papasmurf

It's good to see that Boris is nominating our best and brightest for the most important positions so we can once more become the world's chief trading nation.

I needed a good laugh to start the day.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1484052/brexit-news-global-trade-options-ghana-kate-hoey-eu-exit-latest

The pieces are moving into place. After the excellent Beefy Botham has been nominated as trade envoy for our colony down under, Kate Hoey is now leading the charge in opening up new markets in Ghana.

Union Flag Union Flag

What, pray, do Ghana want to buy from us, or we from them ?

Ok, I looked it up, we buy bananas, tinned tuna and cocoa ..

But do we really buy a billion pounds worth ?

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

HallowedBrexit

Union Flag Union Flag