Confirmatory Vote.

Started by Nick, December 10, 2019, 10:06:36 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=9636 time=1576233133 user_id=62
And in your mind it probably won't happen at all.

How come it takes so long to count the votes in St Ives? A boat has to be sent to the Scilly Islands to collect the ballot boxes. No one is asking you to walk on water.

What will happen in a years time will be a crash out Brexit with the  disaster that will be.

I don't live on the Isles of Scilly and the very bad weather currently means boats cannot get from the outer islands with the ballot boxes to the count and it is too dangerous to use a helicopter. The result may not be known until Saturday.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

I hear they are offering up a level playing field,that will be a first.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Oh well Smurphy,I guess the Conservatives got the message then.The EU is fecked.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=9631 time=1576231931 user_id=89
Brexit does  not happen for at least a year.

And in your mind it probably won't happen at all.

How come it takes so long to count the votes in St Ives? A boat has to be sent to the Scilly Islands to collect the ballot boxes. No one is asking you to walk on water.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=9567 time=1576226421 user_id=69
Boris has a stronger hand now, I still think he may not achieve it by the end of January the EU will still be as difficult as possible,

Brexit does  not happen for at least a year.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GerryT

Quote from: Churchill post_id=9567 time=1576226421 user_id=69
Boris has a stronger hand now, I still think he may not achieve it by the end of January the EU will still be as difficult as possible,

How have the EU being difficult. Up to now it's been the UK internal bickering, indecision and non action that's delayed everything. But I'd be curious to hear why you think the EU has been difficult

Churchill

<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Barry

Quote from: Barry post_id=8916 time=1575976371 user_id=51
We told them Thursday 23rd June 2016. Referendum.

We told them Thursday 8th June 2017. General election result - parties elected saying they will honour result.

We told them Thursday 23rd May 2019. Brexit party won the EU elections.

If they don't get it this time, Thursday 12th December - they never will. Which is a possibility, that we never leave.

Having said that, the confirmatory vote brigade seem to have been defeated.

It looks like your confirmatory vote is now going to be dead and buried. An ex confirmatory vote, gone to meet it's maker, turned up its toes.

Boris Johnson is winning and will now break the logjam.

We are leaving in January. Hooray!  :dncg:
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=9474 time=1576179114 user_id=59
A confirmatory referendum wouldn't rule out another confirmatory referendum.

I feel sick before even getting on that roller-coaster.   :barf:

Scott777

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=8944 time=1575981726 user_id=75
The referendum didn't rule out a confirmatory referendum.

A confirmatory referendum wouldn't rule out another confirmatory referendum.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=9207 time=1576087860 user_id=62
Unfortunately such information is so childishly distorted by the various political interests that no one believes them.

My daughter has just rung to say that there are 123,000 homeless children in the UK. I said that means that there should be some poor waif wrapped in rags and lying on the cold pavement of every third street in the country and that I would pop out and find the sad urchin and kick him for lowering the tone of the neighbourhood and thus reducing property prices.

God, she did not half throw a strop.

Poor lass was it snowing outside?   :D

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick post_id=9177 time=1576079255 user_id=73
He clearly doesn't understand Population density.

Another blinkered remainer.

Frighteningly,fecking blinkered more to the point.

Nick

Unfortunately such information is so childishly distorted by the various political interests that no one believes them.

My daughter has just rung to say that there are 123,000 homeless children in the UK. I said that means that there should be some poor waif wrapped in rags and lying on the cold pavement of every third street in the country and that I would pop out and find the sad urchin and kick him for lowering the tone of the neighbourhood and thus reducing property prices.

:hattip
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Javert

Sorry but does your daughter actually know you?  Based on all your posts here, surely she would know she is wasting her time raising such points with you?

Anyway, I suspect the 123k number refers to the number of children living in temporary accommodation would who have been homeless if the local government hadn't stepped in to house them in emergency accommodation - they have a legal duty to house them.  That's actually the official definition of homelessness, which effectively means that most "homeless" people are actually being housed in temporary/emergency accomodation.

This is also the reason why there is often a sleight of hand about homelessness versus "rough sleeping".  Official government figures under the Conservative rule tend to count homeless people as people who have no home, and are legally entitled to be housed immediately as an emergency measure - typically this means mainly families with children.  Most actual rough sleepers out on the street are single men, who according to the Tories don't exist, except when you want to kick them out of the way when a dignitary is coming by.

This is what allowed the Conservatives to try to claim that homelessness peaked under Labour, which is rubbish.  Anyone who walks down any city streets regularly would know that homelessness has gone up massively in the last 5 years or so.

Borchester

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=9087 time=1576050034 user_id=75
Information on the lack of affordable and social housing building and other factors contributing to housing shortages is widely available. Information on the decimation and underfunding of the NHS and social care is widely available.

You're a walking right-wing tabloid rag Nick.

Algerie Francais !