Main Menu

What a Sh@t Show

Started by Nick, August 31, 2021, 12:26:35 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on August 31, 2021, 05:12:45 PM

But her statement (and the report itself) will probably be difficult reading for anyone who's always closed their mind to the truth of police bias, corruption and incompetence...

Oh I'm perfectly well aware of police bias, corruption and incompetence......

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: Barry on August 31, 2021, 02:36:51 PM
Have you ever been involved in a murder enquiry where the evidence is difficult to obtain, the witnesses are hostile and other witnesses are being leant upon by "friends" of the accused?
The pressure put upon the Police for results, from families, press, internally from senior officers, can all lead to mistakes being made.
The Birmingham six enquiry was a good example.

Did this happen in the S.L. case? I don't know.
What I do know is, it's always easy to be clever in retrospect.
If you don"t know about the Stephen Lawrence case why try to compare it with other cases? 

The findings of the investigations into the Met's handling of the Stephen Lawrence case are available online. Twenty-one years after Stephen Lawrence's murder an independent review issued its report: 
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/stephen-lawrence-independent-review 

Theresa May's statement on the review might be easier to read: 
https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/the-ellison-review 

But her statement (and the report itself) will probably be difficult reading for anyone who's always closed their mind to the truth of police bias, corruption and incompetence...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on August 31, 2021, 02:36:51 PM
Have you ever been involved in a murder enquiry where the evidence is difficult to obtain, the witnesses are hostile and other witnesses are being leant upon by "friends" of the accused?
The pressure put upon the Police for results, from families, press, internally from senior officers, can all lead to mistakes being made.

Yeah but to be fair Baz the Met don't have a great reputation from fellow coppers,on odd occasions mentioned the reply has been wankers.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: patman post on August 31, 2021, 01:09:56 PMNineteen years from murder to conviction.   
I realise that this is not the forum to draw any conclusions from the ethnicities of the victims and their killers...

† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 31, 2021, 09:50:15 AM

I eagerly await similar TV shows titled Kriss and Lynette.

I don't, actually, as they'll probably be directed by the same shitshower as rewrote the last two.or three Agatha Christie's for the entertainment of the woke left.
A five part series on the 1988 murder of Lynette White is currently being made: 
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/tv/lynette-white-cardiff-three-itv-20692247 Although two people wrongly spent two years in jail, Stephen Miller, Tony Paris, Yusef Abdullahi were convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment in 1990. 

Two years from murder to conviction. 

Crime Series Scotland featured the real difficulties that forensic scientists face are apparent when Ruth Ramage returns to visit the scene of the Kriss Donald murder:   
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/3BKq03DHqfx529zJKWpN82H/ruth-ramage-forensic-scientist 
Kris Donald was murdered in Glasgow in March 2004. Two people arrested and convicted in November 2004. Three others were tracked to and brought back from Pakistan. They were convicted in November 2006. 

Two years from murder to conviction. 

Stephen Lawrence was murdered in 1993. After several inquiries into the police handling of the case, and investigation into alleged police corruption, two people were found guilty of Lawrence's murder in 2012. 

Nineteen years from murder to conviction.   
I realise that this is not the forum to draw any conclusions from the ethnicities of the victims and their killers...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on August 31, 2021, 11:47:04 AM

So good luck to the Stephen Lawrence industry,

That's a good point. It IS an "industry"

Sarah's rapist was a dark brown Islamic; the police didn't give a shit because it was politically incorrect to pursue islamic rapists.

The cokehead in the cells for raping and killing her upstairs neighbour is quite male and pale, which allowed the plod to get away with hauling someone up for the crime. I doubt a black guy would have been found.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 31, 2021, 12:30:22 PM
Go on, I think you should risk it 😉.

There is longish list of old news that refuses to die, Stephen Lawrence is on that. Drives me mad every time one of them is dragged back out.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 31, 2021, 10:38:23 AM
I deliberately avoided it, for reasons I won't comment on or I would get a torrent of abuse.

Go on, I think you should risk it 😉.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on August 31, 2021, 07:52:40 AM
well you don't need to feel guilty you didn't kill him but Nick is right.

To my way of thinking, the real tragedy was not the death of Stephen Lawrence, heartbreaking though it was for his family, but that it gave a large chunk of society the chance to feel like victims.

I feel sorry for victims, but I don't have any respect for them. So good luck to the Stephen Lawrence industry, but I can't say that I feel much more than a mild contempt for the whole business.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on August 31, 2021, 10:38:23 AM
I deliberately avoided it, for reasons I won't comment on or I would get a torrent of abuse.
Very informative post

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 31, 2021, 12:26:35 AM
Watched the opener in the Stephen series.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on August 31, 2021, 12:44:59 AM
True, although I can't say that I have seen many TV programs where folk get worked up about black gangs killing most anybody.

I am sorry about the Lawrence lad, but I have run out of guilt.

I eagerly await similar TV shows titled Kriss and Lynette.

I don't, actually, as they'll probably be directed by the same shitshower as rewrote the last two.or three Agatha Christie's for the entertainment of the woke left.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on August 31, 2021, 12:44:59 AM
True, although I can't say that I have seen many TV programs where folk get worked up about black gangs killing most anybody.

well you don't need to feel guilty you didn't kill him but Nick is right.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on August 31, 2021, 12:26:35 AM
If it is a true representation of how the Met handled the case then I am ashamed and they should hang their heads in shame.
I have to admit I am struggling to see Steve Coogan as anything but a comedy actor but I will persist.

I remember at the time that everyone was saying the lads initially picked up where guilty yet it took 20 years to get a conviction, disgusting is all I can say.

Algerie Francais !

Nick

If it is a true representation of how the Met handled the case then I am ashamed and they should hang their heads in shame.
I have to admit I am struggling to see Steve Coogan as anything but a comedy actor but I will persist.

I remember at the time that everyone was saying the lads initially picked up where guilty yet it took 20 years to get a conviction, disgusting is all I can say.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.