Universal credit: When will the £20 increase stop?

Started by GBNews, September 01, 2021, 01:00:16 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 03, 2021, 08:29:33 AM

My youngest works in the section of the DWP that processes UC and has a level of police protection I never got when making nukes or before that when I was firebombed while a medical researcher.

That does not surprise me at all. There is such a hostile environment towards benefit claimants built into the system violent reactions are inevitable. (Few of them are ever reported by the media/press.)
Locally JobCentre Plus offices (the few that are left.) usually have one or two "rent a thug," security on the door.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on September 02, 2021, 12:57:29 PM
I thought simplicity of Universal Credit support for low people on income and unemployed, was its attraction.   

It includes a monthly payment to help with living costs. Universal Credit can also help businesses support employees who receive it. What's not to like...?

Attraction for whom ?

It is certainly attractive to those administering benefits as it eradicates a great many existing ones and replaces them with one.

It is also popular with that same group of civil servants as it removes the ability of the chancellor to royally F@@@ with things by opening his mouth to tweak, something Brown was far too fond of.

The problem is that UC replaces two totally different kinds of state support targetted at two totally different groups.

Prior to UC we had quite separate sets of state support for those out of work and able bodied, and those UNABLE to work for medical reasons. There was also a third group, those IN work and so piss poorly paid their salaries wouldn't cover the cost of a tent.

My youngest works in the section of the DWP that processes UC and has a level of police protection I never got when making nukes or before that when I was firebombed while a medical researcher.

And it falls to her department to shoehorn these utterly separate caseloads

And the system is quite clearly designed to shit on all three, but most of all on those out if work because they are too ill to do it

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 02, 2021, 07:31:23 PM
I worked 60-80 hours a week for several decades. It sounds like you were lucky. The problem is you cannot extrapolate your good fortune as being universal.
You are still an I am alright Jack with a disgusting attitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7wM0QC5LE
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 02, 2021, 07:02:42 PM
How is the person on £7 an hour being shat on but the guy on £25 an hour isn't?
Well if I need to explain that to you I'm wasting my time.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Benson on September 02, 2021, 07:26:32 PM
When I left school, I went into the YTS scheme. Since then, I continued to retrain and change jobs twice. Then in 2004, I went self employed. I have never claimed 1p in benefits, I've just made sure I've always been employable and worked.

If you think that's a, "I'm alright Jack", then it sounds like you're a sponger off the system sat your backside.

I worked 60-80 hours a week for several decades. It sounds like you were lucky. The problem is you cannot extrapolate your good fortune as being universal.
You are still an I am alright Jack with a disgusting attitude.

Benson

Quote from: papasmurf on September 02, 2021, 06:50:35 PMAnother I am alright Jack appears.
When I left school, I went into the YTS scheme. Since then, I continued to retrain and change jobs twice. Then in 2004, I went self employed. I have never claimed 1p in benefits, I've just made sure I've always been employable and worked.

If you think that's a, "I'm alright Jack", then it sounds like you're a sponger off the system sat your backside.
How do you change your signature?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 02, 2021, 07:03:40 PM
You just like being a victim.

I am no-one's victim. I merely care about and defend those who are.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 02, 2021, 07:02:42 PM

For a start £7 an hour is less than the legal minimum.

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 02, 2021, 06:21:29 PMBut there are poor hard working people who get shat on time after time.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Benson on September 02, 2021, 06:45:17 PM
Tax payers money should be used to stimulate the economy, not to pay for people's needs. When the government pay for the needs of the people, the national debt increases.

Another I am alright Jack appears.

Benson

Tax payers money should be used to stimulate the economy, not to pay for people's needs. When the government pay for the needs of the people, the national debt increases.
How do you change your signature?

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 02, 2021, 06:40:32 PM
Dole Queue Army

That is frankly disgusting terminology and shows appalling ignorance of the reality and of the Claimant Commitment.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 02, 2021, 06:21:29 PM

Sure there are the feckless

But despite the propaganda, rants from keyboard jockeys and a hostile press the actuality is they are very few in number.