Nicola Sturgeon for PM?

Started by Borchester, September 01, 2021, 01:23:38 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

That Starmer is even less popular than Bozo is a shocking indictment of his leadership. He is leading my former party to disaster and I will not be voting for him or them.

That Sturgeon is less unpopular than either is hardly surprising.

But she is never going to be PM of the UK. Her goal is to be PM of an independent Scotland. And whatever popularity she enjoys will be mostly focussed in Scotland. No one in the rest of the UK is ever going to have the option of voting for her or her party.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

HDQQ

On the subject of looks . . .
Nicola Sturgeon is quite attractive but she's not really my type. Not being Alex Salmond is possibly her best attribute.
Boris Johnson is basically a cartoon buffoon character that's escaped into the real world and he's certainly not my type.
Kier Starmer is fairly normal and neutral looking in the local government chief officer style. Not my type either.
Unbelievably, as an ex-Lib Dem, I had to Google to see who their current leader is. Again, not my type.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on September 02, 2021, 10:03:22 AM
;D ;D ;D Dancing  You boys are just so gullible! She is 'foxy. attractive etc' by design. How did she start out? She had a complete makeover, lightened the hair, lost oodles of weight, donned the fitted suits and high heels all with the intention of making herself more palatable. It doesn't remove the essence of the woman in that she has a tight mean mouth, hard eyes, jutting determined chin with a lean so far left she needs a prop to keep her upright.

I doubt any woman would trust her. She would just love a police state. I hope the Scots see through her soon they deserve better.
I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but I hoped it might be recognised!
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 02, 2021, 01:29:32 PM
Well, judging by your infatuation with young oriental female cooks in scanty kitchen attire over the years, I guess your idea of sex appeal is somewhat narrow — not unusual in elderly European gentlemen, I understand...

What are you on about? (Seriously.)

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 02, 2021, 01:15:28 PM
What sex appeal?
Well, judging by your infatuation with young oriental female cooks in scanty kitchen attire over the years, I guess your idea of sex appeal is somewhat narrow — not unusual in elderly European gentlemen, I understand...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 02, 2021, 01:15:28 PM
What sex appeal?
Remember when you were a lad Pappy and would hide away in your bedroom with copies of Fiesta magazine?

You didn't and you don't?

Right, I can see that this is going to take a deal of explaining....
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 02, 2021, 12:17:36 PM

Mind you, Maggie was supposed to have traded on her sex appeal... 

What sex appeal?

Borchester

;D ;D ;D Dancing  You boys are just so gullible! She is 'foxy. attractive etc' by design. How did she start out? She had a complete makeover, lightened the hair, lost oodles of weight, donned the fitted suits and high heels all with the intention of making herself more palatable. It doesn't remove the essence of the woman in that she has a tight mean mouth, hard eyes, jutting determined chin with a lean so far left she needs a prop to keep her upright.

I doubt any woman would trust her. She would just love a police state. I hope the Scots see through her soon they deserve better.

Who gives a toss what her mouth looks like?

Jesus Toots, next thing you will be expecting us to talk to the womenfolk
Algerie Francais !

patman post

I've never understood the obsession with women politicians' clothes and looks. OK to criticise if they look like they don't take the job seriously — but that's true of both men and women we expect to be delivering an important service.
Mind you, Maggie was supposed to have traded on her sex appeal... 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/margaret-thatcher-iron-lady_b_1199269https://www.vanityfair.com/news/1985/05/margaret-thatcher-198505 
https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/04/margaret-thatcher-jewel-frocked-siren-sea-grey-suitshttps://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/thatcher-a-strong-woman-who-aroused-mens-deepest-instinct-6v9gtgk2970
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on September 01, 2021, 09:53:39 PM
I have to admit Barry, little Nick does look pretty foxy.

No wonder the Scots adore her

Apparently I'm being offered a deal to buy her and she gets delivered postage free. I'm looking for ways to have a PO Box in the mid Atlantic ....

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

She is 'foxy. attractive etc' by design.

Really? I don't find her attractive at all, frankly she is close to being ugly.

T00ts

papasmurf

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on September 01, 2021, 09:53:39 PMlittle Nick does look pretty foxy.

😂. Code name Seaweed cause not even the tide will take her out.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on September 01, 2021, 09:50:54 PM
It's because she's so attractive, Borchester. It makes meany % points difference.
Starmer's got a bit of a leery look and Boris is a big fat liar.

I have to admit Barry, little Nick does look pretty foxy.

No wonder the Scots adore her
Algerie Francais !