Raab meets his Waterloo

Started by T00ts, September 01, 2021, 03:14:27 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Sampanviking on September 01, 2021, 06:59:48 PM
I think Toots that in this age of the Woke, where every politician is afraid of saying something that might offend somebody, somewhere, that you end up with drab and uncharismatic politicians and party leaders. Just look at Starmer and Davey! The only ones that might have a bit of character about them is this environment will just be another slimy snake oil salesman like Blair.

Of course in reality is that once the bland endless platitudes send us all to a deep, deep sleep, our political masters then do whatever they want, safe that nobody is any more interested enough to notice, let alone care.
They are not very bright either.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/now-boris-johnson-must-rethink-our-entire-security-strategy-after-afghanistan-and-taliban-debacle/ar-AANYKor?ocid=msedgntp
This is what we are up against, back door EU politics from the US and EU, the only reason the US wanted the UK in the EU was because it gave them a seat at the EU table, because they knew the UK would do their bidding. All part of the geopolitical US position, of course we couldn't possibly know it was feck you jack, it is all about us.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sampanviking

Quote from: T00ts on September 01, 2021, 03:14:27 PM
I tuned in to the interrogation of Dominic Raab with the select committee and lasted about 20 minutes before I was in danger of throwing something at the screen. I have seen him described in a variety of ways over recent days, lazy, unfocussed, control freak, bored with his hands off his job over the last year and all in all a lack lustre performer.

If this interview revealed anything it was his command of what they now call word salad. His tactics were obfuscation, trying to drown out the questions, and answering past questions ad nauseum rather than move on to the latest subject.

I sincerely hope he is sacked if he hasn't the honour to resign. We see here a man totally lost rather than in command of his brief. He gave all the signs of having swotted up rather unsuccessfully while burning the midnight oil.  This is one exam he really doesn't deserve to pass.  What an absolute mess this has been. How many other government depts are run along similar lines?

Is this really the best we can do? Where are the statesmen in this wooden Parliament with it's feet of clay and brains of a sparrow? I despair!

I think Toots that in this age of the Woke, where every politician is afraid of saying something that might offend somebody, somewhere, that you end up with drab and uncharismatic politicians and party leaders. Just look at Starmer and Davey! The only ones that might have a bit of character about them is this environment will just be another slimy snake oil salesman like Blair.

Of course in reality is that once the bland endless platitudes send us all to a deep, deep sleep, our political masters then do whatever they want, safe that nobody is any more interested enough to notice, let alone care.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on September 01, 2021, 03:14:27 PMIs this really the best we can do?
I think you answered your own question Toots.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on September 01, 2021, 06:01:28 PM
Well, you shouldn't mind that, because everything they do to take us back in the EU through the backdoor, you agree with whole heartedly.

The ONLY reason I voted remain was because I knew the Tories would make a total Horlicks out of Brexit and they have.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on September 01, 2021, 03:28:37 PM
All of them.
Well, you shouldn't mind that, because everything they do to take us back in the EU through the backdoor, you agree with whole heartedly.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 01, 2021, 03:14:27 PM
How many other government depts are run along similar lines?

All of them.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

I tuned in to the interrogation of Dominic Raab with the select committee and lasted about 20 minutes before I was in danger of throwing something at the screen. I have seen him described in a variety of ways over recent days, lazy, unfocussed, control freak, bored with his hands off his job over the last year and all in all a lack lustre performer.

If this interview revealed anything it was his command of what they now call word salad. His tactics were obfuscation, trying to drown out the questions, and answering past questions ad nauseum rather than move on to the latest subject.

I sincerely hope he is sacked if he hasn't the honour to resign. We see here a man totally lost rather than in command of his brief. He gave all the signs of having swotted up rather unsuccessfully while burning the midnight oil.  This is one exam he really doesn't deserve to pass.  What an absolute mess this has been. How many other government depts are run along similar lines?

Is this really the best we can do? Where are the statesmen in this wooden Parliament with it's feet of clay and brains of a sparrow? I despair!