How many will be staying up on Thursday night?

Started by T00ts, December 10, 2019, 11:56:44 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Nick post_id=9066 time=1576013900 user_id=73
I'll be with ya chuck.

:hattip

Nick

Quote from: T00ts post_id=8927 time=1575979004 user_id=54
I have a tradition of staying up for all GEs and the USA Presidentials certainly until there is a clear line of travel. This time I have already decided to do it again but can already see that it will be a traumatic night. I don't expect I'd be able to sleep anyway. My biggest problem will be which tv channel to follow although lately I have found myself hopping as each one annoys me with their often mind numbing reporting/explanations/prophesies/graphics. I would actually give all the pundits the night off and just run results as they come in. On Skye this time they have booked Bercow for his two penny worth. Only for berks I suppose.

So am I in for a lonely night or will anyone else succumb?

I'll be with ya chuck.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=9053 time=1576006400 user_id=53
The box will be on but that's no guarantee I will be either wide awake club or fully concentrated on events  ;)

LOL A night for clear heads and concentration will be required.

Streetwalker

The box will be on but that's no guarantee I will be either wide awake club or fully concentrated on events  ;)

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=9026 time=1575999434 user_id=48
Ditto but more so in the case of Soubry,I want to see her gone from the commons. :kikass:

Blimey, I forgot about old Sourbum. If she loses she will probably try to have the electorate arrested  :D
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=9026 time=1575999434 user_id=48
Ditto but more so in the case of Soubry,I want to see her gone from the commons. :kikass:

Oh gosh yes - there are several I would be happy to see ousted. I think Chukka has bagged himself a safe little perch, but he really aggravates me. I would like to be relieved of his presence. I guess though that he would then become a pundit and on the box even more. Beggar the thought!

Mind you Corbyn, McDonnell and Starmer going AWOL would also get me in the party mood.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester post_id=9013 time=1575996132 user_id=62
I will be staying up because I feel that I owe it to our democratic tradition and because I only sleep two or three hours at a stretch anyway.

I really want to see how Jo Swinson does. It is childish I know but that woman really pisses me off.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Baron von Lotsov

My preference is for another logjam.

If the proles all vote for different parties in the same numbers because they can't see any difference between them, then none of the bastards will be able to pass much legislation and we will only be slightly worse off in the next 5 years.

The worse thing is if one party has a large majority because it will be full steam ahead on the gender bender crusade, and make our country a bigger clown than it already is. Mind you, that wil probably happen anyway, because everything will get cross-party support. Even so, logjam is helpful as it will jam up parliamentary time.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

T00ts

Well it looks as though some of us could have a party - or is that a wake!  :-?

Borchester

I have a tradition of staying up for all GEs and the USA Presidentials certainly until there is a clear line of travel. This time I have already decided to do it again but can already see that it will be a traumatic night. I don't expect I'd be able to sleep anyway. My biggest problem will be which tv channel to follow although lately I have found myself hopping as each one annoys me with their often mind numbing reporting/explanations/prophesies/graphics. I would actually give all the pundits the night off and just run results as they come in. On Skye this time they have booked Bercow for his two penny worth. Only for berks I suppose.

I will be staying up because I feel that I owe it to our democratic tradition and because I only sleep two or three hours at a stretch anyway.

I really want to see how Jo Swinson does. It is childish I know but that woman really pisses me off.
Algerie Francais !

Churchill

No not staying up had enough of our poloticians over the last 3 year and the farce they have created, I will retire early as usual to read a good book on my Kindle, up early as usual and hope to see that Corbyn and his far left extremists are out of a job, if they have won time to batten down the hatches
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Barry

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=8952 time=1575982323 user_id=84
Like you I invariably stay up until it becomes strongly indicative which way things are going. So with you in spirit Toots!

Ditto.

I usually retire about 2.30 ish.
† The end is nigh †

Major Sinic

Like you I invariably stay up until it becomes strongly indicative which way things are going. So with you in spirit Toots!

papasmurf

Unfortunately due to bad weather the count where I live will most likely be delayed until the ballot boxes from the Isles of Scilly can be delivered to the mainland. That could late Friday or even Saturday.

However I will stay up all night to see if tactical voting has had any effect nationally.

If that despicable callous bastard Iain Duncan Smith loses they will probably hear me in the next county.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe