Things that grind my gears (2)

Started by Borchester, September 04, 2021, 01:23:43 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on September 06, 2021, 11:31:57 PM
"Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket."

Eric Hoffer (25 July 1902 – 21 May 1983)
Well Cressida has sprung in to action and promised to investigate,me being me and my username I should be happy that this is another brick removed from the regal edifice.

The only fly in the ointment  being the prospect of a president Bliar type.

If they expect the edifice to survive they really need to skip a generation and bin the big eared one and his confidant.

That always amused me her being described when he was married to Di as being his confidant instead of bit on the side.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on September 06, 2021, 10:34:35 PM
Charities that are nothing of the kind,also people who started life as putting toothpaste on a brush for the poor unfortunate who found it so tedious.

Still you can progress to being indispensable more than once,the sort of person you need on tap (that was a joke btw).

Yes if you have the cash forget the dinghies and all that rubbish pass go but don't collect £200 shell out considerably and you've won the game.

Look to the future in big ears.

(cue West Country person asking who is big ears or what the joke was)
Anyway this does grind my gears.

"Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket."

Eric Hoffer (25 July 1902 – 21 May 1983)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Charities that are nothing of the kind,also people who started life as putting toothpaste on a brush for the poor unfortunate who found it so tedious.

Still you can progress to being indispensable more than once,the sort of person you need on tap (that was a joke btw).

Yes if you have the cash forget the dinghies and all that rubbish pass go but don't collect £200 shell out considerably and you've won the game.

Look to the future in big ears.

(cue West Country person asking who is big ears or what the joke was)
Anyway this does grind my gears.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

TV shows where the hero or heroine walk in the door, throw their keys into a basket and that is it..

They never walk out the door again, forget to pick up the keys and get locked out because the house keys are on the same ring and have to phone their partners who are miles away and have to dash back to sort the matter out.

In short, nothing like Chez Borchester about once a week.

How about you guys?
Algerie Francais !