Things that grind my gears (2)

Started by Borchester, September 04, 2021, 01:23:43 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on February 16, 2022, 08:30:58 PM
Only men would think this way. My kitchen is the heart. Walls came down when I moved here to make a large kitchen/diner. The trouble with the small kitchens of old was that it locked, usually the woman, away from everyone else, no matter the occasion. I feel sure that house designers fed into the saying that women should be pregnant, barefoot and in the kitchen. Not any more!!  Dancing Dancing
I do most of the cooking,barefoot? Bit too risky something hot/hard/sharp will land on it.

Anyway it's get done,clean up along the way and then get sat down to eat after feet up with a few snifters and relax. :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on February 17, 2022, 10:06:37 AM
With women saying things like this, is it any wonder that some men still seem to believe that their place is in the kitchen? lol
Dancing Dancing Dancing 

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on February 16, 2022, 08:30:58 PM
Only men would think this way. My kitchen is the heart.
With women saying things like this, is it any wonder that some men still seem to believe that their place is in the kitchen? lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on February 16, 2022, 08:21:16 PM
Agreed. The kitchen is where you go when you need to rustle up some grub or make a cuppa. It is not somewhere where you spend more time than you need to.
Quite, other than to cook, make cups of tea or coffee, or load and unload the washing machine, we spend little time in the kitchen. (I also rebuilt the kitchen for £400 somewhat cheaper than the many £thousands quoted by companies.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on February 16, 2022, 03:51:35 PM
Knobs on property progs on the tv

"The kitchen is the heart of the home"

No it's bloody not,you make your scran wash up and bugger off,you don't spend time relaxing there reading or watching telly......well I don't.

Quote from: srb7677 on February 16, 2022, 08:21:16 PM
Agreed. The kitchen is where you go when you need to rustle up some grub or make a cuppa. It is not somewhere where you spend more time than you need to.

Only men would think this way. My kitchen is the heart. Walls came down when I moved here to make a large kitchen/diner. The trouble with the small kitchens of old was that it locked, usually the woman, away from everyone else, no matter the occasion. I feel sure that house designers fed into the saying that women should be pregnant, barefoot and in the kitchen. Not any more!!  Dancing Dancing

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on February 16, 2022, 03:51:35 PM

No it's bloody not,you make your scran wash up and bugger off,you don't spend time relaxing there reading or watching telly......well I don't.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

No it's bloody not,you make your scran wash up and bugger off,you don't spend time relaxing there reading or watching telly......well I don't.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on February 10, 2022, 05:52:41 PM

It might sound like should of in Essex, but in the Queen's English, it is should have.

Well possibly. But remember that the Queen is half Scottish, so the only one who will be able to understand her is Morayloon
Algerie Francais !

Barry

QuoteHe is even more out of touch that most Tory MPs.
Grammar.

It's than, not that.

QuoteShould of

Grammar.
It might sound like should of in Essex, but in the Queen's English, it is should have.

† The end is nigh †

Borchester

This isn't anything that bothers me, but I do wonder.

On the TV or in a movie folk seem to live in homes without any clutter. In home Alone Kevin's vast and energetic family clatter around their huge mansions without leaving so much as a crisp packet.

Strange and fun
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

What I hate is when she says I can hear a funny noise and I say well turn the radio up and you won't hear it.

But no, we invariably end up in front of the air pump where I sit and think, well, we have only one workable knee between the pair of us so I had better get out, but I ain't going to enjoy it. There are a couple of small petrol station where someone will rush out and do the job for me. Unfortunately, their prices are so high I use the money to buy a North Sea oil well, so Madam, who has all the virtues but who is also as tight as a duck's backside, avoids them like the plague
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 15, 2021, 02:52:19 PM
Dear Sainsbury's

I have lived in this area for about 15 months and have mostly used Sainsbury's in Sevenoaks for refuelling and checking tyres.

In the last few months you have changed the air machine so that a small payment is required.

I think that the issue of tyre pressure safety is very important and drivers should be given every encouragement to check pressures regularly. Each time I fill with fuel, I also check pressures.

I find the issue of payment rather tiresome. The amount is very small and it just makes the process more cumbersome, having to produce bank cards in open spaces is unpleasant and a security risk - all for 30p.

Today, about 1pm, to add to the inconvenience, the machine timed out whilst I was on the fourth tyre. I then read that there is a 3-minute limit. I then had to pay again to complete the 4th tyre.

Is 3 minutes really considered long enough to remove a valve cap, connect the hose,  replace the valve cap, walking around the car, manipulating the extendable hose over and around the bodywork of the car? I think 3 minutes is enough time for a 3 wheeler, not enough time for me, a 66 year old man, to do four tyres on a car.

I do hope that you will bear this in mind and increase the time to 4 or dare I even suggest a whole 5 minutes. Otherwise, I shall go elsewhere to fuel up and get air.

To be fair, they replied today and offered me a refund. They said I should read the machine which says to remove valve caps first!
Quite right too = are they providing the glasses for free? Of you could do as I do use a compressor at home or anywhere else for that matter. Dancing  Dancing

Barry

Dear Sainsbury's

I have lived in this area for about 15 months and have mostly used Sainsbury's in Sevenoaks for refuelling and checking tyres.

In the last few months you have changed the air machine so that a small payment is required.

I think that the issue of tyre pressure safety is very important and drivers should be given every encouragement to check pressures regularly. Each time I fill with fuel, I also check pressures.

I find the issue of payment rather tiresome. The amount is very small and it just makes the process more cumbersome, having to produce bank cards in open spaces is unpleasant and a security risk - all for 30p.

Today, about 1pm, to add to the inconvenience, the machine timed out whilst I was on the fourth tyre. I then read that there is a 3-minute limit. I then had to pay again to complete the 4th tyre.

Is 3 minutes really considered long enough to remove a valve cap, connect the hose,  replace the valve cap, walking around the car, manipulating the extendable hose over and around the bodywork of the car? I think 3 minutes is enough time for a 3 wheeler, not enough time for me, a 66 year old man, to do four tyres on a car.

I do hope that you will bear this in mind and increase the time to 4 or dare I even suggest a whole 5 minutes. Otherwise, I shall go elsewhere to fuel up and get air.

To be fair, they replied today and offered me a refund. They said I should read the machine which says to remove valve caps first!
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on November 01, 2021, 10:06:05 PM
On a similar note is when something in your local area of nationwide interest is reported in the national news....then pretty much the same thing again often verbatim in the local news 25-30 mins later.
What pisses me right off is the BBC putting something on the 6 o clock news like it applies to the entire UK when the bastard's know full well the three bits of the UK their pal and bum chum Blair devolved off do something totally different
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on September 22, 2021, 10:28:53 AM
What grinds my gears?

Watching the news and "It's been reported a man has attacked several people in a supermarket car park and the police have the area contained,so we'll go over to our reporter on the scene.......hi Lucy what more can you tell us?"

"Hi Rob its till a little tense here after a man attacked several people in the car park of the supermarket but the police say they have the area contained........."
Puke
On a similar note is when something in your local area of nationwide interest is reported in the national news....then pretty much the same thing again often verbatim in the local news 25-30 mins later.