Started by HallowedBrexit, September 05, 2021, 07:12:26 AM

« previous - next »

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on September 08, 2021, 12:57:58 PM

But the support for independence has tanked recently
Has it? Do enlighten me

morayloon

Quote from: Borchester on September 08, 2021, 12:43:16 PM
Well, according to these chaps, the majority of Scots want to stay in the Union. Obviously Wee Krankie can't admit that. At least, not until there is a vacancy at the Waverley Bridge branch of Greggs, but it does look as though the SNP are on the back foot
According to the Polls, within the margin of error, the results are around 50:50. The only ones outwith the parameters are Survation's survey for Scotland in Union, which does not ask the Yes/No question and other questuions are slanted toward expecting a remain sort of answer and those by Savanta Com Res for the Scotsman.
The SNP are on the back foot because of the pressure from within to get on with an Independence campaign. Seven years and nothing to show for it. The Party has lost members because of its failure to even begin a
campaign. Seven lost years

Sheepy

Quote from: morayloon on September 08, 2021, 01:28:50 PM
We don't know how much money was paid into the EU by the Scottish taxpayer. As for return Scotland did well out of the EU. In the NE alone there have been several flood alleviation schemes, the Aberdeen by-pass and so on. The UK was always going to pay in more than it received. Basically that was the idea of the EU, the richer states helping the poorer ones. The majority of English people, it turned out, resented it. The majority of Scots accepted the reality of the situation.
The fishing industry was sold down the river by the Tories when we entered the EEC. The industry has been hit time and again by a couldn't care less attitude by successive UK Governments. Brexit was supposed to be beneficial for the fishermen but they  are up in arms yet again as they see the promises maqde to them being broken.

I see, so you don't know then, but you do know the Westminster party destroyed the Scottish fishing industry although they had handed control to Brussels. Interesting stuff moray, I can see now how Wee Krankie is working it now. Thanks.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

morayloon

Quote from: Sheepy on September 08, 2021, 12:20:17 PM
Good points moray, at what rate did the EU take Scottish taxpayers' cash and at what percentage did they return it? also how much did EU fisheries policy destroy the Scottish fishing industry for a couple of thoughts. Aye lets shout freedom. Not that I blame you for the Westminster part because who in their right mind could.
We don't know how much money was paid into the EU by the Scottish taxpayer. As for return Scotland did well out of the EU. In the NE alone there have been several flood alleviation schemes, the Aberdeen by-pass and so on. The UK was always going to pay in more than it received. Basically that was the idea of the EU, the richer states helping the poorer ones. The majority of English people, it turned out, resented it. The majority of Scots accepted the reality of the situation.
The fishing industry was sold down the river by the Tories when we entered the EEC. The industry has been hit time and again by a couldn't care less attitude by successive UK Governments. Brexit was supposed to be beneficial for the fishermen but they  are up in arms yet again as they see the promises maqde to them being broken.

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on September 08, 2021, 12:15:25 PMLet's get back into the EU as soon as possible. The death of the UK is coming, I look forward to a Free Scotland, free from the shackles of Westminster rule.

But the support for independence has tanked recently.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: morayloon on September 08, 2021, 12:15:25 PM
Please elucidate. Give examples of this 'hogwash'.

Well, according to these chaps, the majority of Scots want to stay in the Union. Obviously Wee Krankie can't admit that. At least, not until there is a vacancy at the Waverley Bridge branch of Greggs, but it does look as though the SNP are on the back foot.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: morayloon on September 08, 2021, 12:15:25 PM
The formula is merely a process to redirect some of Scottish tax revenue to Scotland. You obviously read the Express (Mail? Telegraph?) a lotWe voted Remain (62%-38%) yet we were hauled out against our will because of the fact that England has a population 11 times that of Scotland. Their vote was narrowly for Leave but even the massive Remain vote in Scotland was not enough to make much of a difference
Let's get back into the EU as soon as possible. The death of the UK is coming, I look forward to a Free Scotland, free from the shackles of Westminster rule.

Good points moray, at what rate did the EU take Scottish taxpayers' cash and at what percentage did they return it? also how much did EU fisheries policy destroy the Scottish fishing industry for a couple of thoughts. Aye lets shout freedom. Not that I blame you for the Westminster part because who in their right mind could.

morayloon

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on September 05, 2021, 07:12:26 AMHowever, when has anything claimed by the SNP not been utter hogwash?

QuoteAfter they drained our coffers for years through the Barnett formula
The formula is merely a process to redirect some of Scottish tax revenue to Scotland. You obviously read the Express (Mail? Telegraph?) a lot
Quotethey are now trying to take us back into the EU by the backdoor
We voted Remain (62%-38%) yet we were hauled out against our will because of the fact that England has a population 11 times that of Scotland. Their vote was narrowly for Leave but even the massive Remain vote in Scotland was not enough to make much of a difference

QuoteLong live Brexit and our United Kingdom
Let's get back into the EU as soon as possible. The death of the UK is coming, I look forward to a Free Scotland, free from the shackles of Westminster rule.

HDQQ

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on September 05, 2021, 07:12:26 AM
https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19558674.scotlands-9bn-brexit-blow-uk-suffers-exports-drop-since-leaving-eu/

The SNP claims that

THE UK is the only country amongst its close European neighbours to have a negative trade balance on exports since the Brexit vote, new data has revealed.

The figures from the House of Commons Library show that the UK has seen a 5.5 per cent decrease in its exports since the 2016 referendum when the country voted to leave the European Union.

The SNP has claimed the statistics show that Brexit has already cost Scotland "billions of pounds" and "will continue to hit our economy, cutting Scotland's GDP by up to £9 billion by 2030 compared to EU membership".

The data shows that Ireland has seen the biggest increase in its export trade balance of almost 50% from 2016 to 2021, while France has recorded a surplus of 6.7% and Germany had a positive trade balance of 9.5% over the same same-year period.

However, when has anything claimed by the SNP not been utter hogwash? After they drained our coffers for years through the Barnett formula, they are now trying to take us back into the EU by the backdoor.

Long live Brexit and our United Kingdom.

I'm against Brexit and support the idea of Britain rejoining the EU
I'm a Great Britain Unionist and I'm opposed Scottish or Welsh independence.

So I 50% agree.  Although I'm an anti-monarchist, so not so sure about the 'kingdom' bit.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on September 05, 2021, 11:07:39 AM
Well said Sheepy. Anyway, it looks like Huxit is on the cards and the EU is on the brink anyway:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1486475/Hungary-EU-exit-news-Hungarians-Brexit-Huxit-European-Union-Brussels-Orban
Well yeah, but the Express said the same about Poland, who were crushed within a few weeks. The Express tend to be furious about anything and everything.

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: Sheepy on September 05, 2021, 09:54:28 AM
Just think how much fun it is, watching the EU and their minions desperately trying to prove what a mistake it was leaving while using it to force other nations who are thinking of leaving to get their thinking right, politics isn't about democracy, it is about pure psychology, which will never change unless people make a stand against it. We made a good start by voting against the Westminster party and the EU, for those who still don't see it or get it, for them they never will.

Well said Sheepy. Anyway, it looks like Huxit is on the cards and the EU is on the brink anyway:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1486475/Hungary-EU-exit-news-Hungarians-Brexit-Huxit-European-Union-Brussels-Orban

cromwell

More bollocks from Bavaria,still they'd know all about fifth columnists wouldn't they?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Just think how much fun it is, watching the EU and their minions desperately trying to prove what a mistake it was leaving while using it to force other nations who are thinking of leaving to get their thinking right, politics isn't about democracy, it is about pure psychology, which will never change unless people make a stand against it. We made a good start by voting against the Westminster party and the EU, for those who still don't see it or get it, for them they never will.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HallowedBrexit

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19558674.scotlands-9bn-brexit-blow-uk-suffers-exports-drop-since-leaving-eu/

The SNP claims that

THE UK is the only country amongst its close European neighbours to have a negative trade balance on exports since the Brexit vote, new data has revealed.

The figures from the House of Commons Library show that the UK has seen a 5.5 per cent decrease in its exports since the 2016 referendum when the country voted to leave the European Union.

The SNP has claimed the statistics show that Brexit has already cost Scotland "billions of pounds" and "will continue to hit our economy, cutting Scotland's GDP by up to £9 billion by 2030 compared to EU membership".

The data shows that Ireland has seen the biggest increase in its export trade balance of almost 50% from 2016 to 2021, while France has recorded a surplus of 6.7% and Germany had a positive trade balance of 9.5% over the same same-year period.

However, when has anything claimed by the SNP not been utter hogwash? After they drained our coffers for years through the Barnett formula, they are now trying to take us back into the EU by the backdoor.

Long live Brexit and our United Kingdom.