The Prediction Thread

Started by cromwell, September 05, 2021, 10:20:11 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 06, 2021, 08:30:14 AM
As you can see from my own posting of that link and my comment, I beg to differ.

I think it obvious those who bleat for an EU Army, outside the control of NATO, use the UK's forced withdrawal when the US pulled out as an object upon which to grind their somewhat unrealistic view that an army under the control of a European superstate could have continued the fight.

I think it unrealistic for reasons I have oft quoted here and elsewhere.

Britain lost a battle with a bunch of ragged arsed cave dwellers about a century and a half ago, when we were a world superpower and the yanks were a bunch of troublesome ex colonists.

We lost because the ragged arsed cave dwellers tactical knowledge of the terrain trumped our superpower arrogance

A century after that, the grandsons of those cave dwellers did the same to the Russians when they were a superpower.

About twenty odd years after that the old men who trounced the Russians and the sons they'd had since came and gave the yanks a whupping, laughing in the face of Bush's threat to bomb them back to the stone age because they knew they'd barely left it.

An EU Army would be so busy working out which flag to wave and what gender to call itself today they'd never hear the AK47 rounds....
Couldn't have put it better John,I think most see the connection.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 06, 2021, 08:30:14 AM
As you can see from my own posting of that link and my comment, I beg to differ.

Differ away, I still have had no explanation for a direct linkage.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 06, 2021, 07:12:13 AM
That does not answer my question.

I think it obvious those who bleat for an EU Army, outside the control of NATO, use the UK's forced withdrawal when the US pulled out as an object upon which to grind their somewhat unrealistic view that an army under the control of a European superstate could have continued the fight.

I think it unrealistic for reasons I have oft quoted here and elsewhere.

Britain lost a battle with a bunch of ragged arsed cave dwellers about a century and a half ago, when we were a world superpower and the yanks were a bunch of troublesome ex colonists.

We lost because the ragged arsed cave dwellers tactical knowledge of the terrain trumped our superpower arrogance

A century after that, the grandsons of those cave dwellers did the same to the Russians when they were a superpower.

About twenty odd years after that the old men who trounced the Russians and the sons they'd had since came and gave the yanks a whupping, laughing in the face of Bush's threat to bomb them back to the stone age because they knew they'd barely left it.

An EU Army would be so busy working out which flag to wave and what gender to call itself today they'd never hear the AK47 rounds....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on September 05, 2021, 10:49:19 AM
What is the connection between Afghanistan and a pan EU army?
as Barry recently reminded you by humorously paraphrasing you
QuoteDo you not have access to a TV, radio or any news media on the Internet?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/04/commissioner-gentiloni-on-eu-army-after-afghanistan-conclusion.html :P :P

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 05, 2021, 10:49:19 AM

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/04/commissioner-gentiloni-on-eu-army-after-afghanistan-conclusion.html

As far as I can tell, what this boils down to.is pro EU factions and voices in Europe who have for some time been ranting that the EU needs a common defence policy and defence force.

It is surely not difficult to work out that those in favour of such a militia would see it as a clear way to continue the fight against the Taliban using the EU's joint force instead of the yanks.

Blair of course relies on being a "peace envoy" in the region to sustain his vast income from the days when he profited from warmongering there.

So it is in his wallets interest to have the conflict continue.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on September 05, 2021, 10:20:11 AM
So over the years people have made various predictions and have been slated at times for them.

So here you can put forward your mystic meg skills and come back in a while and say told you so......or have people ridicule your efforts (who'd do that I wonder  ;))

Anyway at the beginning of the afghan debacle I said that this would be used as proof positive we shouldn't have left the eu and how we need to be back in and forming a defence force.

On the first point Bliar has been at it already and now the eu army is being mooted again.

Me I think nato with or without the US is enough though more likely without much from them as it stands.

Anyway I'm prepared to be ridiculed if it all comes to nowt.

Any other takers?

The Brussels mafia is not going to suddenly give up on their plans to rule Europe from Brussels, once they have a military might they know full well they will completely control Europe. NATO is now seen as the only thing stopping them, so Afghanistan is just another nail in the coffin.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

cromwell

So over the years people have made various predictions and have been slated at times for them.

So here you can put forward your mystic meg skills and come back in a while and say told you so......or have people ridicule your efforts (who'd do that I wonder  ;))

Anyway at the beginning of the afghan debacle I said that this would be used as proof positive we shouldn't have left the eu and how we need to be back in and forming a defence force.

On the first point Bliar has been at it already and now the eu army is being mooted again.

Me I think nato with or without the US is enough though more likely without much from them as it stands.

Anyway I'm prepared to be ridiculed if it all comes to nowt.

Any other takers?