The Prediction Thread

Started by cromwell, September 05, 2021, 10:20:11 AM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: Borchester on July 18, 2022, 12:24:23 PM
The way I see it Toots, the Tory party is a bit of a flirt, likes to party and is inclined to be caught on top of the photocopier at Christmas, But at bottom she wants a detached house in the Home Counties, a couple of kids and to get on with the neighbours. Which she mostly manages.

The Labour party is like a spinster lady of a certain age. She has a stern morality and knows what is right and wrong, but by God she is a dreary bugger with it and what she really seems to dislike is the idea of people having fun.
:)
What about the Lib Dem party?  A sofa-surfing student who spends all day logged in to online dating agencies and binge drinking to blot out the memory of how their leader betrayed them?
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on July 18, 2022, 11:55:42 AM
Long may it last! ;D

The way I see it Toots, the Tory party is a bit of a flirt, likes to party and is inclined to be caught on top of the photocopier at Christmas, But at bottom she wants a detached house in the Home Counties, a couple of kids and to get on with the neighbours. Which she mostly manages.

The Labour party is like a spinster lady of a certain age. She has a stern morality and knows what is right and wrong, but by God she is a dreary bugger with it and what she really seems to dislike is the idea of people having fun.
:)
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on July 18, 2022, 11:51:49 AM
I am serious, but the humour keeps breaking through :)
Long may it last! ;D

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on July 18, 2022, 11:38:01 AM
I confidently predict that Borchester will keep making posts stradding the border between ludicrousness and humorousness, and none of us will ever be sure how serious he is.

I am serious, but the humour keeps breaking through :)
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

I confidently predict that Borchester will keep making posts stradding the border between ludicrousness and humorousness, and none of us will ever be sure how serious he is.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

My honest belief is that things will get better and better because they usually do, but I don't like to say it because folk like all the gloom and doom :)
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on July 18, 2022, 07:27:43 AM
Labour has an 11 point lead because of Boris not going sooner.  Starmer had nothing going for him beyond the fact that he wasn't Boris. Under a new Tory leader who can credibly offer a clean breakthe Labour lead will vanish.

It all depends of course upon who they choose and what that leader says or does.

Well maybe.

Anyway, keep taxes down and give us a few flower bridges and the Tories can have my vote. But the current batch are such glum buggers they probably won't.
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

I predict the latest thing in animal husbandry will be self-cooking bacon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-62154870
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on July 18, 2022, 12:29:58 AM
You might be right. The Labour party now has an 11% lead  ! :)

Teach the Tories to be such a bunch of priggish bastards :):)
Labour has an 11 point lead because of Boris not going sooner.  Starmer had nothing going for him beyond the fact that he wasn't Boris. Under a new Tory leader who can credibly offer a clean breakthe Labour lead will vanish.

It all depends of course upon who they choose and what that leader says or does.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: Baff on July 17, 2022, 04:00:05 PM
I predict no landslide for the Tories without Boris.

You might be right. The Labour party now has an 11% lead  ! :)

Teach the Tories to be such a bunch of priggish bastards :):)
Algerie Francais !

Baff

I predict no landslide for the Tories without Boris.
I predict Putin wins.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on July 17, 2022, 03:37:51 PM
I predict power cuts this winter, during a very cold spell, anticyclonic conditions, cloudy and freezing. The "beast from the East is also a recipe for an energy deficiency.
Low gas pressure and cuts are also likely.
Enjoy the warmth while we can then......Merry Christmas 
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

I predict power cuts this winter, during a very cold spell, anticyclonic conditions, cloudy and freezing. The "beast from the East is also a recipe for an energy deficiency.
Low gas pressure and cuts are also likely.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on June 26, 2022, 10:03:35 AM
It's all clear to me now - the "EU superstate" is really a front for Belgian Imperialism. If the future Belgian emperor orders the Imperial Belgian Army conquer Britain, the British king or queen will just say "there you are, your imperial greatness, you can have my kingdom. Just one thing, though. I would rather like to keep Sandringham, if that's at all possible."
You DO realise after the last election Belgim was in such a state they failed to actual;ly HAVe a government for MONTHS and yet still carried on.

Admittedly they had the EU Superstate telling them what to do ...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

HDQQ

Quote from: Sheepy on September 05, 2021, 10:53:05 AM
The Brussels mafia is not going to suddenly give up on their plans to rule Europe from Brussels, once they have a military might they know full well they will completely control Europe. NATO is now seen as the only thing stopping them, so Afghanistan is just another nail in the coffin.
It's all clear to me now - the "EU superstate" is really a front for Belgian Imperialism. If the future Belgian emperor orders the Imperial Belgian Army conquer Britain, the British king or queen will just say "there you are, your imperial greatness, you can have my kingdom. Just one thing, though. I would rather like to keep Sandringham, if that's at all possible."
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!