Saving the planet from you savages doesn't come cheap?

Started by Sheepy, September 05, 2021, 11:03:53 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on October 19, 2021, 10:21:04 PM
His balls do appear to be ruling his head and right now his only virtue is that there is no alternative. But one will appear eventually and then Boris will see how much use his tree buggering friends are.
I hear Putin is the latest to pull out of COP 26 borkie?

Right enough , would you want to listen to johnson wanting to waffle on about the climate?

At this rate , it will be bojo and a room full of obscure tree huggers and no one else attending .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on October 19, 2021, 03:26:54 PM
I wonder what has happened to Boris. I wonder if his near brush with death last year has affected his head. Did he have one of these near death experiences, where he entered the tunnel and saw a light that beckoned him through?
I think so. It was a green light at the end of the tunnel and it was being held by this 32 year old woman who promised a new life of animal friendly, clean air, without carbon dioxide and with never ending supplies of carbon free electricity to power everything that moves.
Did the virus addle his brain even more? - because he has turned into a greater champion for the Green party than Carla Denyer and Adrian Ramsay, who no one has ever heard of, and no one except the 2.7% who voted for them might know.

I think that Boris should step down now, cross the floor to the Greens and call a by election in Uxbridge and South Ruislip, to gauge how many people want those policies.
Because we didn't vote for Carrie.
His balls do appear to be ruling his head and right now his only virtue is that there is no alternative. But one will appear eventually and then Boris will see how much use his tree buggering friends are.

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 19, 2021, 03:26:54 PM
I wonder what has happened to Boris. I wonder if his near brush with death last year has affected his head. Did he have one of these near death experiences, where he entered the tunnel and saw a light that beckoned him through?
I think so. It was a green light at the end of the tunnel and it was being held by this 32 year old woman who promised a new life of animal friendly, clean air, without carbon dioxide and with never ending supplies of carbon free electricity to power everything that moves.
Did the virus addle his brain even more? - because he has turned into a greater champion for the Green party than Carla Denyer and Adrian Ramsay, who no one has ever heard of, and no one except the 2.7% who voted for them might know.

I think that Boris should step down now, cross the floor to the Greens and call a by election in Uxbridge and South Ruislip, to gauge how many people want those policies.
I would imagine he is 'following the science' but possibly with a noose around his neck. I do wonder just how much he is in her thrall. I guess it really wouldn't do to have a divorce in number 10. Perhaps it is real and true love - why should I be so sceptical? There are already treasury murmurings that his green determination will show little return - whatever that means. I forecast some severe turbulence in Downing St soon and I doubt it will be from a natural cause eg earthquakes that seem to be increasing in number. Quarrels between Chancellor and PM are Parliamentary fodder and Rishi's honeymoon is well over as is BJ's.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on September 07, 2021, 03:39:07 PM
Maggie wanted nuclear power stations on every street corner but the tree huggers didn't want that either.

To be fair, she just wanted to kick the coal miners and power workers in the balls, as did most of us despite the BBC's attempts to canonise them.

Not to worry. Pretty soon the world will be awash with cheap and safe energy via nuclear fusion. It has been due in the next ten years for the last eighty, so it should be with us sooner or later.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

This sounds almost too good to be true...

QuoteThe talk of the town is the radioactive element thorium, and it may just save nuclear energy.I'm sure you're familiar with the names Fukushima and Chernobyl. They're the most devastating nuclear meltdowns to date, and their effects are still being felt years later.
This has made many hesitant to look any further into nuclear power...But thorium could change all that.Its chemical makeup is far superior to uranium, the usual fuel for nuclear reactors. It's cleaner, produces more energy, and best of all, it will reduce the risk of a nuclear meltdown to almost zero. 

Thorium may just be the key to reviving the battered nuclear industry.
https://secure.energyandcapital.com/127743?device=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhM3J7Yzt8gIVT9TtCh09wAfFEAMYAiAAEgIw8fD_BwE

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 05, 2021, 09:26:56 PM
I fail to see how they can write a report like that with a straight face. We're up to our eyeballs in debt, because the government have thrown money away for 18 months now, with no return whatsoever.
They have a crisis of a massive waiting list in the NHs.
They have decided pensioners can't have the triple lock any more, so there's no money for pension increases per the agreed formula.
So, how is net zero going to be sustainable? If the government want it they will have to give Smurf a £8000 grant for installing a heat pump, which will run on electricity we don't have.
Hydrogen power is a complete fallacy. To create the hydrogen takes more energy than we will ever get out of consuming it.
Gas central heating is fine. Keep it going until we have got the nuclear reactors built. France have that right.

Maggie wanted nuclear power stations on every street corner but the tree huggers didn't want that either.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

I fail to see how they can write a report like that with a straight face. We're up to our eyeballs in debt, because the government have thrown money away for 18 months now, with no return whatsoever.
They have a crisis of a massive waiting list in the NHs.
They have decided pensioners can't have the triple lock any more, so there's no money for pension increases per the agreed formula.
So, how is net zero going to be sustainable? If the government want it they will have to give Smurf a £8000 grant for installing a heat pump, which will run on electricity we don't have.
Hydrogen power is a complete fallacy. To create the hydrogen takes more energy than we will ever get out of consuming it.
Gas central heating is fine. Keep it going until we have got the nuclear reactors built. France have that right.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

The governments proposals will cost me well beyond what I can possibly afford.
To fit  a charging point in my garage due to local building regulations would cost me £3000 at least. (Currently an electric car is well beyond my means.
I currently have central heating by an open coal fire with a back boiler. Due to legislation I now have to use very expensive coal in it.
To change that system would cost many £thousands I do not have.
Most of my neighbours are in the same position as me.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/uk-taxpayer-warning-net-zero-plan-could-see-household-bills-soaring-by-hundreds-of-pounds/ar-AAO72Xx?ocid=msedgntp
But wait, who will benefit from all this extra cash input and who will be even deeper in it?
Anyway, when you economic geniuses have finished putting the world to rights, maybe after you have finished travelling the globe adding more hot air to the atmosphere, we might see some real plans for the latest narrative. I somehow have my doubts though.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!