Oops, looks like I got that one wrong...

Started by Borchester, September 05, 2021, 07:36:40 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Moderator Notice

Several posts deleted and 1 edited.
Please play nicely and follow the rules. It is getting tedious. We've not banned anyone lately, so take heed.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on September 08, 2021, 11:31:40 AM
Generally speaking Borchester, you will follow any Westminster party narrative as long as it is made to look like it has a Conservative stamp on it.

That is so.

The way I look at it, every other party is desperate to help the poor while I think, why?

The useless bastards can't help themselves so how they are any good for me is a mystery.

So I will stick with Boris. He is usually good for a laugh and his wife Carrie is good with dumb animals and how bad is that?
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on September 07, 2021, 03:05:27 PM
Not to worry, I am sure that they have plenty more.

Generally speaking, if I want to deal with honest folk I go to church. The trouble is that most of the people they deal with have their arses out of the trousers and about all the church can manage is a cup of tea and whatever scraps the local restaurants care to donate.

Plus, good people, but Christ the clergy are boring bastards with it.

I will stay with Boris. I know that he is a lying whore's melt, but so far he has been fun.
Generally speaking Borchester, you will follow any Westminster party narrative as long as it is made to look like it has a Conservative stamp on it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on September 07, 2021, 01:03:09 PM
The Westminster party is as usual fast running out of promises they made.

Not to worry, I am sure that they have plenty more.

Generally speaking, if I want to deal with honest folk I go to church. The trouble is that most of the people they deal with have their arses out of the trousers and about all the church can manage is a cup of tea and whatever scraps the local restaurants care to donate.

Plus, good people, but Christ the clergy are boring bastards with it.

I will stay with Boris. I know that he is a lying whore's melt, but so far he has been fun.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on September 05, 2021, 09:47:28 PM
Fair enough.

And I will pragmatically vote for whomever promises me 8% on my pension.

The Westminster party is as usual fast running out of promises they made.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on September 05, 2021, 09:36:38 PM
Can't expect them to honour an artificially elevated 8%. Everyone has to be pragmatic about it.

Fair enough.

And I will pragmatically vote for whomever promises me 8% on my pension.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on September 05, 2021, 07:36:40 PM
According to the Sunday Times, Boris is set cancel the triple lock on Tuesday, so instead of getting an 8.8% rise, the cottontops will have to pig it on 2.5%.

Back to boiled cardboard for Sunday lunch.

That apart, unless the blond moppet has some secret information, he seems to be taking a hell of a risk vote wise.

Can't expect them to honour an artificially elevated 8%. Everyone has to be pragmatic about it.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on September 05, 2021, 08:12:25 PM
You should have realised by now that if any anomaly means the state is in danger of paying out more for any benefit than was originally envisaged it's certain to be stopped or clawed back.

I reckon it's likely to be phased in over two or three years to make the adjustment look legit...

Actually, I expected him to float a few government bonds and leave the grandchildren to pay for it.

But it looks as though Boris beginning to lose his touch.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

You should have realised by now that if any anomaly means the state is in danger of paying out more for any benefit than was originally envisaged it's certain to be stopped or clawed back.

I reckon it's likely to be phased in over two or three years to make the adjustment look legit...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

According to the Sunday Times, Boris is set cancel the triple lock on Tuesday, so instead of getting an 8.8% rise, the cottontops will have to pig it on 2.5%.

Back to boiled cardboard for Sunday lunch.

That apart, unless the blond moppet has some secret information, he seems to be taking a hell of a risk vote wise.
Algerie Francais !