GB plate now outdated.

Started by patman post, September 05, 2021, 08:04:14 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 06, 2021, 08:41:43 AM
I blame Bojo-The-Clown for the ever deeper poo the country is sinking into. Several converging crises and he appears to be doing nothing about them.

And there's two thousand odd plus one....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 06, 2021, 08:38:40 AM
If you actually read the text of your own link, the United Nations (who are in fact just a talking shop) have announced the intent of the United Kingdom Government to change the form of marking to be used

So in fact you must blame Boris and if two thousand odd if your one liners on this forum are anything to go by, you will have little issue doing so.

I blame Bojo-The-Clown for the ever deeper poo the country is sinking into. Several converging crises and he appears to be doing nothing about them.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 06, 2021, 07:24:45 AM
Blame the United Nations:-
https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/gb-car-sticker-to-be-replaced-by-new-uk-version/

(I have managed to buy one postage free for £1.41.)

If you actually read the text of your own link, the United Nations (who are in fact just a talking shop) have announced the intent of the United Kingdom Government to change the form of marking to be used

So in fact you must blame Boris and if two thousand odd if your one liners on this forum are anything to go by, you will have little issue doing so.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

I've just stuck a new UK sticker on the car. As of 28 September, the old oval GB sticker — proudly displayed by British motorists on their cars as they drive in in Europe — will have to be UK. Not a real problem. Number plates with GB and Union flag or EU yellow stars can have new sticky labels stuck over them — white for the front, yellow for the rear. Otherwise, just one oval UK sticker on the rear of the vehicle will do. 

It's only £2 max, but why the change? Is it something the EU demanded? Or did the UK fancy a change? Or did Northern Ireland insist it was included in the new Brexit arrangement? 

I wondered who or what office, decided  the country identification codes for vehicles. According to Wiki, apparently there's more than one. I gave up after that — but I did notice a whole group of nations with G beginning their ID...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...