It is now going to get very dangerous out on the roads.

Started by papasmurf, September 08, 2021, 05:11:18 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 09, 2021, 05:07:25 AM
To be fair I see all sorts of mad, bad, and incompetent driving on the roads, and most of it is by car drivers, not HGV drivers.

Add the bad tourist drivers to the bad local drivers and here in Cornwall it is bloody dangerous. I await the statistics for this year with interest.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

With average speeds of under 20 mph around my manor  I think Im in more danger of dying from carbon monoxide poisoning than being run over by a blind Hungarian driving a 10 ton truck 

srb7677

To be fair I see all sorts of mad, bad, and incompetent driving on the roads, and most of it is by car drivers, not HGV drivers.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 08, 2021, 05:11:18 PM
This government is taking some very risky and dangerous action rather than put lorry drivers on the skill shortage list for letting foreign LGV,(HGV) driver work in Britain.
This madness and bloody dangerous:-
More at link:-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58487347

Government to shorten HGV driver testing process
By Simon Jack
Business editor

Published2 hours ago

The government is expected to announce a shake-up of the HGV driver testing process as soon as Thursday.

It wants to fast track drivers into the haulage industry amid chronic shortages which have caused supply problems.

The BBC understands that during meetings between government officials, hauliers and suppliers, the "penny finally dropped" that the driver shortage was getting worse not better.

The government said meetings with affected groups were ongoing.

It added any change in policy would be announced in due course.

They're reducing the wait time between tests, they're not lowering the stands. Couldn't be worse than the EU drivers I see on our roads already, and they'll have insurance companies that can actually be contactable.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

No it isn't

It cannot get any worse than the A449 already is
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

This government is taking some very risky and dangerous action rather than put lorry drivers on the skill shortage list for letting foreign LGV,(HGV) driver work in Britain.
This madness and bloody dangerous:-
More at link:-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58487347

Government to shorten HGV driver testing process
By Simon Jack
Business editor

Published2 hours ago

The government is expected to announce a shake-up of the HGV driver testing process as soon as Thursday.

It wants to fast track drivers into the haulage industry amid chronic shortages which have caused supply problems.

The BBC understands that during meetings between government officials, hauliers and suppliers, the "penny finally dropped" that the driver shortage was getting worse not better.

The government said meetings with affected groups were ongoing.

It added any change in policy would be announced in due course.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe