How could direct democracy work?

Started by Barry, September 10, 2021, 06:28:28 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 14, 2021, 03:33:46 PM
Direct democracy would need an intelligent, informed electorate, Britain fails on both.

Thank God!

We may be barely above the level of brute beasts, but while we have Pappy's firm, but kindly guidance, we are in safe hands
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on September 14, 2021, 07:21:05 PM
The mainstream political parties in Britain  are not the same or even close to being the same. Which is why I commented how I did.
They are exactly the same in that they all lie about policy to get votes then break every promise they make, but it is never their fault. Any fool would know that at your age.
Which Barry was trying to point out in the simplest terms for you?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on September 14, 2021, 06:23:30 PM
The problem is they are not, no other mainstream political party is as nasty as the Tories.
Oh give it a break,you hate the tories we have clocked that.

Im not a fan either but don't mention it every other post.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 14, 2021, 04:43:35 PM
Even an idiot can understand that the Westminster party means they are all pretty much the same.

The problem is they are not, no other mainstream political party is as nasty as the Tories.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 14, 2021, 01:44:46 PM
I am afraid your continual use of the term "Westminster Party" is as clear as Mayan pictograms.
Even an idiot can understand that the Westminster party means they are all pretty much the same.
Which is why we need direct democracy.
So we can call them to account when they help 2000 illegals cross the channel in a week and send none back.
That sort of thing.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 14, 2021, 03:33:46 PM
Direct democracy would need an intelligent, informed electorate, Britain fails on both.

You're such a delight.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on September 14, 2021, 02:35:41 PM
I know I will do my best to get under Sheepies skin? see how that works, when I really don't care.
TBH Sheepy I don't really care either,you're like a child who someone has threatened to take away their favourite toy.

It's a discussion forum ,fine you're not forced to discuss anything but it's not a great look  when you're sniping at people as blue rinse or not one of us all because they won't readily accept your ideas which you won't expand on.

And now it's sneering old Tory.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on September 14, 2021, 03:41:07 PM
As though I would be telling you anyway. That does make me smile. I told you all in goodtime. Patience is a virtue we only lent you a few votes not a lifetime membership.

I don't need confirmation, I know.  😉

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2021, 03:39:17 PM
So you no clue then, great plan.
As for sneering, I'm not sneering, I just asked a question to which this particular Sheepy hasn't got an answer. Maybe another one has!!!
As though I would be telling you anyway. That does make me smile. I told you all in goodtime. Patience is a virtue we only lent you a few votes not a lifetime membership.

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on September 14, 2021, 03:35:28 PM
Just like toots we are just handing out enough rope all in goodtime and we have a few years yet. A few old sneering Conservatives don't make a blind bit of difference.

So you no clue then, great plan.
As for sneering, I'm not sneering, I just asked a question to which this particular Sheepy hasn't got an answer. Maybe another one has!!!

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2021, 02:55:50 PM
Who is ushering in this new system? Cause who ever it is they are being awfully quiet about it.
Just like toots we are just handing out enough rope all in goodtime and we have a few years yet. A few old sneering Conservatives don't make a blind bit of difference.

papasmurf

Who is ushering in this new system? Cause who ever it is they are being awfully quiet about it.

Borchester

I am.

Every time I hear of a new electoral system it seems to hinge on the idea that we need strong leaders. So I am going to start a new party dedicated to making me Supreme Leader. I won't bother with a manifesto other than the abolition of the secret ballot and a kick in the balls for anyone who votes for someone else.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 14, 2021, 02:14:43 PMThere's going to be a new system called direct democracy