How many NHS wards mothballed...?

Started by patman post, December 11, 2019, 12:20:21 PM

« previous - next »

Major Sinic

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=9304 time=1576139415 user_id=89
I don't see any banter just yet more personal abuse. Frankly your point of view is paranoid.

My wife and I go to events that the majority of people would be too scared to go to. Being greeted and hugged by a few dangerous psychopaths is an advantage.

Perhaps you are now moderating your attempted intimidation as you realise that once again you have gone beyond acceptable bounds. There are legal protections against cyber bullying by the likes of you smurf! Be careful (seriously)

https://www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk/tools-information/all-about-bullying/online-bullying/cyberbullying-and-law">https://www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk/tools-information/all-about-bullying/online-bullying/cyberbullying-and-law

papasmurf

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=9301 time=1576138618 user_id=84
This in response to an item of superficial banter on my part!

From my point of view I see this as blatant intimidation and a barely veiled threat of outright violence.

Is there really any room for a poster such as this on this forum? You are a disgrace smurf!

I don't see any banter just yet more personal abuse. Frankly your point of view is paranoid.

My wife and I go to events that the majority of people would be too scared to go to. Being greeted and hugged by a few dangerous psychopaths is an advantage.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Major Sinic

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=9297 time=1576137511 user_id=89
I have loads of friends, but they tend to be somewhat scary, I also have far too many psychopaths as friends than I like, but it does come in handy on a personal security level.

(I would not want any of them as neighbours.)

This in response to an item of superficial banter on my part!

From my point of view I see this as blatant intimidation and a barely veiled threat of outright violence.

Is there really any room for a poster such as this on this forum? You are a disgrace smurf!

papasmurf

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=9275 time=1576104234 user_id=84
Frankly smurf it would surprise me if you had any friends at all! :kikass:

I have loads of friends, but they tend to be somewhat scary, I also have far too many psychopaths as friends than I like, but it does come in handy on a personal security level.

(I would not want any of them as neighbours.)

Churchill

<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Major Sinic

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=9237 time=1576094060 user_id=89
I do NOT have any commie friends.

Frankly smurf it would surprise me if you had any friends at all! :kikass:

Churchill

Quote from: Borchester post_id=9236 time=1576093697 user_id=62
It is the fault of Pappy and his commie friends.

When I was a lad the cottontops picked up their gold watches, retired, spent the next six months mumbling in front of the telly and then had the decency to turn up their toes and make way for the next generation. But nowadays, what with this NHS lark, no one is dying and we will soon have to send Pappy back to work to pay for it all.

Indeed we are living longer thanks to medical science and better treatment plus staying active and yes the that will increase. my parents are in their late 80's paid into the Welfare State since 1948 , sadly they get very little help from the NHS without having to pay for it at £12 an hour
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=9236 time=1576093697 user_id=62

I do NOT have any commie friends.

Borchester

Quote from: Churchill post_id=9186 time=1576081087 user_id=69
I agree with you for once :shock:  but not on the Tory bit, health care mainly for the elderly has not been good for years or none existent for many

When I was a lad the cottontops picked up their gold watches, retired, spent the next six months mumbling in front of the telly and then had the decency to turn up their toes and make way for the next generation. But nowadays, what with this NHS lark, no one is dying and we will soon have to send Pappy back to work to pay for it all.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=9229 time=1576092719 user_id=69

Last figure I saw a million people a day are presenting themselves at A & E Department. many of them with little or nothing wrong with them

Have you any evidence for that please? With it taking weeks for many people to get a doctors appointment it is no surprise A&E are jammed.

Churchill

Waiting times are increasing beds are often not available especially at this time of year flu and norovirus season has come a bit early this year, all have a knock on effect, the problem is the number of people the NHS now has to care for.

Last figure I saw a million people a day are presenting themselves at A & E Department. many of them with little or nothing wrong with them

Javert

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=9208 time=1576088580 user_id=84
:hattip Well pointed out!

I have had several cardio procedures which have been limited to a maximum of two nights in hospital, when the forerunners to these procedures, in as much as they existed, would have required open heart surgery and a stay of between 7-10 days. This is an example of just how surgical procedures relating to many different medical conditions are reducing the need for extended hospital stays.

Needles to say smurf has introduced his own bigoted view that it is all down to the Tories, a blind hatred which seems to govern his every waking moment. If this is true perhaps he might be able to explain why the worst UK NHS care is that provided in Wales which is governed by Labour in the Welsh Assembly and which is entirely responsible for the provision of health services in Wales.

But the statistics seem to indicate that hospital waiting times are increasing, and that hospitals are operating at maximum capacity much more than before - the data is all publicly available.  

I can also say anecdotally that in our local hospital, if you need to be admitted, you often have to wait a long time for a bed and there are times when people are stuck in ambulances waiting to even get into A&E.  Would you suggest that this was the case 10 or 20 years ago?

Even the extra investment that Labour wanted to do wouldn't be enough, but at least it's better than nothing.

Churchill

I still maintain that Poloticians should not be allowed anywhere near the NHS or our Education System , fund them yes but have them run by experts and keep the Polotics out of both

johnofgwent

Ok. I shall ignore the usual combatants and attempt a serious answer for you

It wont answer the question I think you afked but it might hopefully shed light on reality.

Let's go back to 1986 for a minute. The NHS then still a single body serving the whole UK decided they were going to save money by merging facilities.

Shorthand for cramming people into one hospital and shutting another.

Into this bunfight a heavily pregnant and two week overdue woman with all the signs of late stage complications was admitted to the royal gwent for induction.

The facilities in ante natal were akin to those you can see in the bbc rework.of his dark materials. Uninviting white tiled delivery rooms with equipment Noah's wife would have been familiar with. And a chronic shortage of skilled staff that left me to deliver sarah - or would have had this idiot woman who 13 hours earlier at 8am looked at me with utter contempt - not come to her senses and realised she has a fully trained vivisectionist at her disposal.

The policy was roundly condemned and the women of the south east wales valleys rebelled  demanding that if they were not allowed to give birth in the small, friendly cottage hospital where their mothers had dropped them, then sod you  theyvare going to drop their sprog AT HOME as their grandmothers had their mothers....

And my point is that throughout this debacle of propaganda and dogma, fifty wards in eight hospitals lay idle and unused

Only to be reopened o e the next five years as the full true stupidity of dogma over reason was exposed.

This has a modern day relevance.

In the back end if a former farm in darkest Torfaen, a monster of a building has grown from the grass. With its helicopter pads directly under the busiest mil route for training aircraft for two hundred miles, the air ambulances will gave fun delivering their human cargoes to this centre of excellence which of course threatens the three remaining hospitals in the county with shortage if staff and materials and outright closure.

So while shenanigans like that are ongoing I think a proper answer to your question is not possible.

Also, over the past decade, minor surgery units have sprung up along the english border with wales, offering cheap, fast attention in a minimal time scale to I juries requiring surgery that will only get worse if left.

These units are designed to take money from welsh gp funds to provide care faster, and cheaper that Welsh main trust white elephants...

But again these distort bed and ward availability and mothballing.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Churchill

The NHS in Wales which has been run by the Labour Party for quite some time is not performing well at all, a lot of its funding has to spent on Labours PFI Legacy.

I agree Papasmurf is blinded by hatred