Main Menu

From some anti vaxxers

Started by cromwell, September 10, 2021, 11:30:24 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

One problem with the internet is that it tends to act as a massive echo chamber. Algorithms tend to expose us to the kind of news and views - dodgy or not - that we already agree with, and all of us are prone to seeking out stuff that confirms what we already think. Confirmation bias is simply a common facet of human nature.

Forums like this are good precisely because they expose all of us who participate on them to views, value systems, outlooks, and mindsets very different from our own. This is healthy. But only a a fairly small minority of the public would participate on a forum such as this. Most just endlessly seek out confirmation of their own views and/or prejudices.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on September 23, 2021, 01:10:48 PM
I'm starting a new religion. Its core belief is that everything on the internet is true.

That should shorten the life expectancy of millions.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HDQQ

Quote from: cromwell on September 10, 2021, 11:30:24 PM
To the moon landings and stations in between,9/11 anyone?
Are the Chinese engaged in genocide? Well there are those who say it's all a lie but they said that about the Jews in WW2 and some still maintain that didn't happen either.

I used to think the US an asylum,not so sure the world isn't going mad.
The internet is great but there's plenty of lies and lunacy out there.

I'm starting a new religion. Its core belief is that everything on the internet is true.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

cromwell

To the moon landings and stations in between,9/11 anyone?
Are the Chinese engaged in genocide? Well there are those who say it's all a lie but they said that about the Jews in WW2 and some still maintain that didn't happen either.

I used to think the US an asylum,not so sure the world isn't going mad.
The internet is great but there's plenty of lies and lunacy out there.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?