Main Menu

From some anti vaxxers

Started by cromwell, September 10, 2021, 11:30:24 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 17, 2021, 09:21:48 AM
Imagine sitting with a G&T in your hand when you could be barfing over the side of a ferry.

How long is it since you went on a cross channel ferry? Large ships fitted with stabilisers, people honking their socks up  is a rarity. (However one exception is the ferry to the Isles of Scilly, it is known as the vomit comet for good reason.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 09:12:02 AM
Thats rich coming from you.

How many times have we discusssed the labours parties propaganda over the years , and it was only yesterday on here we caught you out making unfounded allegations about wetherspoons , and lieing yet again about hiding in your house due to covid.

People go by boat these days Thomas don't ya know, all this sitting in a aircraft cabin for a 10th of the time where the air is exchanged every 3 minutes is too dangerous. Imagine sitting with a G&T in your hand when you could be barfing over the side of a ferry. I'll be straight onto the phone to KLM asking them to cancel my Platinum card. 🙄
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 08:59:48 AM
Which is still practiced by the Tory party and some members of this forum.

Thats rich coming from you.

How many times have we discusssed the labours parties propaganda over the years , and it was only yesterday on here we caught you out making unfounded allegations about wetherspoons , and lieing yet again about hiding in your house due to covid.

Quote from: papasmurf on August 10, 2020, 12:00:21 PM
I do, it is too dangerous to leave my property, I am shielding until my GP tells me otherwise.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on October 16, 2021, 10:58:33 PM
The anonymity of the web is the greatest evil.

That is the biggest myth about the internet toots.

We have done this to death many a time.

Facebook for example is where most folk post under their real names with their picture and information all available for anyone to see , and the abuse and arguments on there are worse than on forums like this.

I post on here under my real name , as i do twitter , yet you dont , and you are complaining about anonymity? ;)

If you actually believe people are hiding under anonymity , and revealing who they are will cure the internets alleged ills , then im sorry toots but you really dont understand people or come into contact with many.

Human characteristics are the same as they always have been ....good and bad , argumentative and quiet , and every other polar opposite and inbetween you can think of .

A good workman doesnt blame his tools , so im not sure why the internet is to blame for the faults of mankind.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 16, 2021, 10:43:43 PM
No not rose tinted at all,but the issue of hatred and disinformation spread more easily and quickly over the web.

Not just the internet....modern technology does that cromwell. We are in the age of communication where you can eaily communicate with someone on the other side of the planet.

What are you suggesting...that somehow we ban smart phones and all other forms of communication simply beacuse a few idiots talk cac ?

The internet isnt responsible for the vices and flaws of mankind , which contrary to the narrative on here , have always exsisted and always will exist.

Look at how quickly disinformation and hatred was spread in 1930`s germany , or 17th century scotland  , or various episodes in english history and may many other countries past and present long before modren tech ad the internet.

The problem today is governments have lost control of the narrative on the internet , and are trying to gain some form on control , and to do that , they tell people like you twitter is bad  , is the cause of the worlds ills and needs regulated and controlled .

Your holier than thou BBC had built an infamous reputation for being one of the biggest propaganda mouthpieces spreading lies  , disinformation and especially lieing by ommission. Yet you dont say much about that , but let some idiot call a black footballer a name on twitter and all hell breaks loose.

Sorry couldnt disagree more , and as i said you seem to have a vast dollop of rose tinted glass when talking about the past compared to now. I would say it was easier to influence the less well educated minds in times gone by , and its harder now which is why governments dont like it. Political parties like labour , and the tories as well , have built support for decades off the back of ill educated pig ignorant people voting for them not because of policy , but simply cause they were told it was the right thing to do and their fathers voted labour before them.

The internet has helped deal with that by educating people.

The pros of the internet vastly outweigh the cons.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 16, 2021, 11:24:31 PM
master of the art of propaganda Josef Goebbels "repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth"

Which is still practiced by the Tory party and some members of this forum.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on October 16, 2021, 11:31:12 PM
LOL So say! Didn't they have speech writers back then? What might he have done fully sober if he wrote them at all?
Nah he was quick witted as in Bessie Braddock mp "Winston you are drunk,in fact disgustingly drunk"
"And you madam are ugly,but tomorrow I shall be sober"

Lady Astor "If I were married to you I'd put poison in your coffee" to which Churchill replied "If I were married to you I'd drink it"
:D :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on October 16, 2021, 11:26:15 PM
Oi Churchill wrote some of his greatest speeches whilst half cut. :P

LOL So say! Didn't they have speech writers back then? What might he have done fully sober if he wrote them at all?

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on October 16, 2021, 11:18:55 PM
Unlike many it seems, I am actually teetotal and suspect I am often the only truly clear head here. If we were more cognisant of the consequences that we may well incur, it might improve things!  :P   Dancing
Oi Churchill wrote some of his greatest speeches whilst half cut. :P

cromwell

The anonymity of the web is the greatest evil. The spread of abuse, disinformation or whatever is the in word for what is essentially lies is the catalyst that is ruling so many people worldwide. Pandora's box is properly broken not just open, and there is no putting it back together. It could have been a really useful tool but I fear it will be the death of us all in the end.
Well I first came across the term disinformation in a work on kgb operations,though I guess it goes back much further even from that master of the art of propaganda Josef Goebbels "repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth"

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on October 16, 2021, 11:09:36 PM
Thanks for that cheery thought, you been on the Mothers Ruin? :)

Unlike many it seems, I am actually teetotal and suspect I am often the only truly clear head here. If we were more cognisant of the consequences that we may well incur, it might improve things!  :P   Dancing

Nick

The anonymity of the web is the greatest evil. The spread of abuse, disinformation or whatever is the in word for what is essentially lies is the catalyst that is ruling so many people worldwide. Pandora's box is properly broken not just open, and there is no putting it back together. It could have been a really useful tool but I fear it will be the death of us all in the end.

Thanks for that cheery thought, you been on the Mothers Ruin? :)

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on October 16, 2021, 10:43:43 PM
No not rose tinted at all,but the issue of hatred and disinformation spread more easily and quickly over the web.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on October 16, 2021, 09:06:57 PM
im not sure i understand what you mean here cromwell. I thought the mp who was stabbed was done in by a black somalian , and that the death is now being treated as a terrorist incident? So im not sure how his death links with the "madness of uncontrolled free speech" possibly linked to the internet if im reading your insinuation correct.

Terrorism , and stabbings long predate the internet cromwell. There has never been  a golden age of peace and tranquility , the internet hasnt made things worse , merely offered another platform for a  small minority of lunatics to use , but the risks are far far outweighed by the rewards.

The IRA were bombing and killing long before the interwebby , people were being radicalised long before computers , its nothing new.

I think there is a tendency to perceive the past in rose tinted glasses at times , i think the world is a better place now than it has been throughout much of history. Its not without fault , and far from perfect , but neither was the past either.

Humans have more information at their fingertips now than at any age in mankinds history and i for one think its a great thing.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on October 16, 2021, 09:06:57 PM
im not sure i understand what you mean here cromwell. I thought the mp who was stabbed was done in by a black somalian , and that the death is now being treated as a terrorist incident? So im not sure how his death links with the "madness of uncontrolled free speech" possibly linked to the internet if im reading your insinuation correct.

Terrorism , and stabbings long predate the internet cromwell. There has never been  a golden age of peace and tranquility , the internet hasnt made things worse , merely offered another platform for a  small minority of lunatics to use , but the risks are far far outweighed by the rewards.

The IRA were bombing and killing long before the interwebby , people were being radicalised long before computers , its nothing new.

I think there is a tendency to perceive the past in rose tinted glasses at times , i think the world is a better place now than it has been throughout much of history. Its not without fault , and far from perfect , but neither was the past either.

Humans have more information at their fingertips now than at any age in mankinds history and i for one think its a great thing.

The 'Middle East' thing was going on in the 60's during the time we had troops in Aden. I believe there were suicide bombers then?