Main Menu

From some anti vaxxers

Started by cromwell, September 10, 2021, 11:30:24 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: srb7677 on October 02, 2021, 11:13:11 PM
To be fair there seem to be quite a few on this forum full of conspiracy theorists who seem to believe idiocies based on shite they find on the internet.

If it were possible to break new scientific ground just by reading and sharing shite on the internet, this place would be full of learned professors, lol.
Your view is supported by Jim Al-Khalilithose, presenter of The Life Scientific programme on BBC Radio, who reckons there's a fascinating psychological condition called the Dunning-Kruger effect, wherein a person with no particular knowledge on a subject beyond the superficial (let's say, how a vaccine works) will tend to overestimate their expertise in relation to others, while at the same time being unaware of their own ignorance.   

His view is that, in contrast, those who are most qualified to comment on a subject are also the most likely to know where the weaknesses in their arguments are and so stay away – leaving the shouty ill-informed people to dominate. 

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/jim-al-khalili-those-shouting-loudest-about-science-know-least-1239012
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 04:48:04 PM
Right so we agree the bbc are a propaganda outfit , we simply disagree then on the funding of it are you saying?

so what is your suggestion on how to tackle the "evil of the internet " then cromwell?

Instead of bleating about the bad man saying nasty stuff on the internet , what do you propose to do about it?(bearing in mind the amount of stuff smurf gets away with on this forum  , i think it hypocrtical in the extreme talking about others)

You are a mod on here , why arent you calling for the removal on online anonymity on this particular forum where you can make a difference?

As ever all we hear is bleats about victimhood but no practical solutions.
And off we go again,victimhood getting as well worn as goodfellow still you haven't mentioned running away yet.

I don't really care how the beeb is funded I'm just saying joe public will pay in the end and anonymity please quote a post where I,Barry,T00ts or many others as individuals have promoted murder,terrorism,beheadings,trolling ceaselessly of people or threatening extreme violence because we don't agree with another's views?

Think what you like I believe those who do that above be brought to book by whatever means.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 17, 2021, 04:39:32 PM
Off you go again Thomas 2+2=5
What are you on about the bbc for again,I don't deny I criticised them I said they're capable of broadcasting crap and you choose to ignore that again to suit your argument.

Right so we agree the bbc are a propaganda outfit , we simply disagree then on the funding of it are you saying?

Then off you go again making things up,I haven't harked back to an idyllic time merely said the web accelerates and makes more easily available stuff already mentioned.

so what is your suggestion on how to tackle the "evil of the internet " then cromwell?

Instead of bleating about the bad man saying nasty stuff on the internet , what do you propose to do about it?(bearing in mind the amount of stuff smurf gets away with on this forum  , i think it hypocrtical in the extreme talking about others)

You are a mod on here , why arent you calling for the removal on online anonymity on this particular forum where you can make a difference?

As ever all we hear is bleats about victimhood but no practical solutions.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 04:27:14 PM
we seem to be talking about two differing things.

One your insinuation taht the internet is to blame , or has made worse , behaviour that has always existed and our earlier talk about the bbc.

Tell me cromwell , when was this idyllic age of peace , brotherhood of man and happines you are thinking of prior to the nasty interent?

I can't think of any , perhaps you can give us an exmpale of where you want the world to go back to , unles its as i say , looking back thorugh rose tinted glasses of a world that never existed.

Secondly , your comments on the bbc are laughable. You were one of the biggest critics of the bbc during the brexit ref , talking as i did in 2014 regarding their propaganda output.

The english laughed in 2014 and dismissed us as hsyterical paranoid nats till it happened to them.

Who are these cowards you are hinting at ? If i remember , when asked recently about revealing identity on this forum , both you and barry said you would rather not post than reveal your identity.

You can't bleat about anonymity if you dont want to tackle the problem of people hiding behind monikers like "cromwell" or  "pappysmurf".

As i said , if its such a problem , lets do away with online anonymity , im all feckin for it. Leys link our facebook accounts and info to this forum if its such a problem , and such a mgic bullet you seem to think it is by banning online anonymity.

As ever , you wont , because its all talk an no action , and easy scapegoats like blaming the internet for human behaviour that has  , and always will exist.
Off you go again Thomas 2+2=5
What are you on about the bbc for again,I don't deny I criticised them I said they're capable of broadcasting crap and you choose to ignore that again to suit your argument.

Then off you go again making things up,I haven't harked back to an idyllic time merely said the web accelerates and makes more easily available stuff already mentioned.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 17, 2021, 03:45:33 PM

I'm not saying that's a good thing but people say and do things on the web they wouldn't face to face.

How do you know that cromwell?

That is nothing more  than an empty generalisation. I regualrly have family and friends arguing on facebook , and five minutes later round at each others doors arguing face to face.

You dont know people if thats what you think.

The world is full of allsorts. Do you think some crazy bastard who stabs an mp to death is somehow afraid to say something online if he didnt have anonymity?

Honestly cromwell your naivety is astounding.naivety and simplistic fixes to problems .

As long as it aint you losing you anonymity eh?

Thomas

Violin and victimhood,sod off Thomas and all the the crap about people being who they are on arsebook and twitter,no they're not there are those who hide theirs.

The woman who mercilessly trolled the McCanns was eventually outed herself and in turn mercilessly trolled herself and committed suicide.

I'm not saying that's a good thing but people say and do things on the web they wouldn't face to face.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/outed-madeleine-mccann-troll-kills-herself-but-millions-live-on-online
And btw mentioning goodfellow is a bit well worn now,I'm not talking about bloody stupid name calling but online radicalisation,death threats or threatening extreme violence,promoting terrorism and posting executions.

And even nonstop harassment of people by cowards who do hide their identity so don't start your bloody disinformation about banning smartphones and the web and stop making things up to suit your argument.

we seem to be talking about two differing things.

One your insinuation taht the internet is to blame , or has made worse , behaviour that has always existed and our earlier talk about the bbc.

Tell me cromwell , when was this idyllic age of peace , brotherhood of man and happines you are thinking of prior to the nasty interent?

I cant think of any , perhaps you can give us an exmpale of where you want the world to go back to , unles its as i say , looking back thorugh rose tinted glasses of a world that never existed.

Secondly , your comments on the bbc are laughable. You were one of the biggest critics of the bbc during the brexit ref , talking as i did in 2014 regarding their propaganda output.

The english laughed in 2014 and dismissed us as hsyterical paranoid nats till it happened to them.

Who are these cowards you are hinting at ? If i remember , when asked recently about revealing identity on this forum , both you and barry said you would rather not post than reveal your identity.

You cant bleat about anonymity if you dont want to tackle the problem of people hiding behind monikers like "cromwell" or  "pappysmurf".

As i said , if its such a problem , lets do away with online anonymity , im all feckin for it. Leys link our facebook accounts and info to this forum if its such a problem , and such a mgic bullet you seem to think it is by banning online anonymity.

As ever , you wont , because its all talk an no action , and easy scapegoats like blaming the internet for human behaviour that has  , and always will exist.

papasmurf

They wouldn't dare.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 02:54:36 PM

As per the discussion we have had many a time , the day is coming soon when those not paying the licence fee will outnumber those that do , especially with the kids who dont watch live mainstream telly as you older ones do.

Its on life support , and passing slowly into a coma im happy to say.

nope no there wont. Technology will see to it that .

The bbc  , and state broadcasting is a relic of a bygone age .
it is , to a small degree , as it was long before the internet.

The internet is jsut the latest platform taking voer from things like newspapers , take the web away , terrorism , hate etc will all still be there.

You are making a false picture of an idyllic world before the web when as we both know the flaws of mankind like hate and terrorism all existed long before the modern age.

pappysmurf , along with others i could name in the past are though. Its not the internets fault is it?its not anonymity  , its people.

its not the webs fault though is it once again? A gullible idiot is a gullible idiot on or off the internet.

How many times in the past were you called a gullbile idiot by srb steve , or robin goodfellow for not blindly beliveing what they belive. ?

Its all a matter of perspective.

Whats your solution to stopping it then cromwell?

Taking away internet use and smartphones? playing the violin and victim hood story every time you read something that brings a tear to the eye?

For a man of your age , some of the tings you have said and believed over the years we have debtaed has left me astounded at its naivety.
No cromwell , dont put words in my mouth., Its not about it being acceptable , it about being realistic about human nature.

The world is a bad place full of bad people , as it always has been , and taking away the internet if that were possible aint gonnae change it.

Im asking you to confront reality , not the wishy washy holier than thou world you want to believe in , but the one that exists around you.
Violin and victimhood,sod off Thomas and all the the crap about people being who they are on arsebook and twitter,no they're not there are those who hide theirs.

The woman who mercilessly trolled the McCanns was eventually outed herself and in turn mercilessly trolled herself and committed suicide.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/outed-madeleine-mccann-troll-kills-herself-but-millions-live-on-online
And btw mentioning goodfellow is a bit well worn now,I'm not talking about bloody stupid name calling but online radicalisation,death threats or threatening extreme violence,promoting terrorism and posting executions.

And even nonstop harassment of people by cowards who do hide their identity so don't start your bloody disinformation about banning smartphones and the web and stop making things up to suit your argument.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 17, 2021, 11:32:34 AM
It's not my BBC before we start,all I've ever said there is now a long running let's blame the beeb for everything all it puts out is propaganda and lies.
So I've pointed out it does do some good stuff and it does.......it also puts out crap.

As per the discussion we have had many a time , the day is coming soon when those not paying the licence fee will outnumber those that do , especially with the kids who dont watch live mainstream telly as you older ones do.

Its on life support , and passing slowly into a coma im happy to say.

QuoteSo we disband it,you especially hate the beeb as anti Indy and I said to you as I've said to others there will still be a state broadcaster here in Indy Scotland if you get it as there is in practically every country in the world and we in our respective nations will pay for it.

nope no there wont. Technology will see to it that .

The bbc  , and state broadcasting is a relic of a bygone age .
Regarding the internet you are making things up I didn't say,I've never said it's all bad but it is used to promote terrorism,spread hate,lies criminality and violence.

it is , to a small degree , as it was long before the internet.

The internet is jsut the latest platform taking voer from things like newspapers , take the web away , terrorism , hate etc will all still be there.

You are making a false picture of an idyllic world before the web when as we both know the flaws of mankind like hate and terrorism all existed long before the modern age.

QuoteYeah I am anonymous on here like T00ts and many others but unlike in some what I've listed above we are in not disseminating hate,lies or encouraging violence.

pappysmurf , along with others i could name in the past are though. Its not the internets fault is it?its not anonymity  , its people.

QuoteFar too many people look and believe so much that is crap and consequently beat up people of Chinese origin here because they believe they started and spread covid,or stand outside vaccination stations shouting at people going to be vaccinated,threatening nhs staff and taking down their car reg no's and intimating there will be consequences for doing their job all because they've read and believe some crap posted on the web.

its not the webs fault though is it once again? A gullible idiot is a gullible idiot on or off the internet.

How many times in the past were you called a gullbile idiot by srb steve , or robin goodfellow for not blindly beliveing what they belive. ?

Its all a matter of perspective.

Whats your solution to stopping it then cromwell?

Taking away internet use and smartphones? playing the violin and victim hood story every time you read something that brings a tear to the eye?

For a man of your age , some of the tings you have said and believed over the years we have debtaed has left me astounded at its naivety.
If you think this is acceptable good for you or any of the other stuff above

No cromwell , dont put words in my mouth., Its not about it being acceptable , it about being realistic about human nature.

The world is a bad place full of bad people , as it always has been , and taking away the internet if that were possible aint gonnae change it.

Im asking you to confront reality , not the wishy washy holier than thou world you want to believe in , but the one that exists around you.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 09:03:22 AM
Not just the internet....modern technology does that cromwell. We are in the age of communication where you can eaily communicate with someone on the other side of the planet.

What are you suggesting...that somehow we ban smart phones and all other forms of communication simply beacuse a few idiots talk cac ?

The internet isnt responsible for the vices and flaws of mankind , which contrary to the narrative on here , have always exsisted and always will exist.

Look at how quickly disinformation and hatred was spread in 1930`s germany , or 17th century scotland  , or various episodes in english history and may many other countries past and present long before modren tech ad the internet.

The problem today is governments have lost control of the narrative on the internet , and are trying to gain some form on control , and to do that , they tell people like you twitter is bad  , is the cause of the worlds ills and needs regulated and controlled .

Your holier than thou BBC had built an infamous reputation for being one of the biggest propaganda mouthpieces spreading lies  , disinformation and especially lieing by ommission. Yet you dont say much about that , but let some idiot call a black footballer a name on twitter and all hell breaks loose.

Sorry couldnt disagree more , and as i said you seem to have a vast dollop of rose tinted glass when talking about the past compared to now. I would say it was easier to influence the less well educated minds in times gone by , and its harder now which is why governments dont like it. Political parties like labour , and the tories as well , have built support for decades off the back of ill educated pig ignorant people voting for them not because of policy , but simply cause they were told it was the right thing to do and their fathers voted labour before them.

The internet has helped deal with that by educating people.

The pros of the internet vastly outweigh the cons.
It's not my BBC before we start,all I've ever said there is now a long running let's blame the beeb for everything all it puts out is propaganda and lies.
So I've pointed out it does do some good stuff and it does.......it also puts out crap.

So we disband it,you especially hate the beeb as anti Indy and I said to you as I've said to others there will still be a state broadcaster here in Indy Scotland if you get it as there is in practically every country in the world and we in our respective nations will pay for it.

Regarding the internet you are making things up I didn't say,I've never said it's all bad but it is used to promote terrorism,spread hate,lies criminality and violence.

Yeah I am anonymous on here like T00ts and many others but unlike in some what I've listed above we are in not disseminating hate,lies or encouraging violence.

Far too many people look and believe so much that is crap and consequently beat up people of Chinese origin here because they believe they started and spread covid,or stand outside vaccination stations shouting at people going to be vaccinated,threatening nhs staff and taking down their car reg no's and intimating there will be consequences for doing their job all because they've read and believe some crap posted on the web.

If you think this is acceptable good for you or any of the other stuff above (I suspect you don't but am attributing things you didn't say as you have to me :P) then all is well in the world.

I think not.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on October 17, 2021, 10:05:39 AM
It's 200 and odd miles, who'd you fly with Icarus airlines?

hot air balloon. ::)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 09:46:52 AM8 hours.

It's 200 and odd miles, who'd you fly with Icarus airlines?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 09:46:52 AM
Cor Blimey  can't you read, I cannot travel by aircraft because of medical conditions.  I have in the past flown but it was like being stuck on a bus in cramped conditions for 8 hours.
Not an experience I would want to repeat.

i can read .

In this post you insinuated you were hiding under your bed and were largely skeptical about travelling to brittany even by boat as you would be under restrictions.

Quote from: papasmurf on August 10, 2020, 12:00:21 PM
I do, it is too dangerous to leave my property, I am shielding until my GP tells me otherwise. IF I got to Brittany I would be under restrictions because of my age and medical conditions. They are enforcing their regulations back with very heavy fines.
Basically you don't have a bloody clue.

I fink pappy you need to stop telling lies , you tell that many you forget what you wrote. luckily for you we dont. :D

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 09:41:54 AM
I regualrly take the dover calais ferry , and have used the one over your neck of the woods to britanny a few times over the years.

Nick is spot on , flying beats the ferry hands down.

Anyway i thought you were adivsed not to travel by ferry due to your "condition"?

FFS can't you read, I cannot travel by aircraft because of medical conditions.  I have in the past flown but it was like being stuck on a bus in cramped conditions for 8 hours.
Not an experience I would want to repeat.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 09:33:30 AM
How long is it since you went on a cross channel ferry? Large ships fitted with stabilisers, people honking their socks up  is a rarity. (However one exception is the ferry to the Isles of Scilly, it is known as the vomit comet for good reason.)

I regualrly take the dover calais ferry , and have used the one over your neck of the woods to britanny a few times over the years.

Nick is spot on , flying beats the ferry hands down.

Anyway i thought you were adivsed not to travel by ferry due to your "condition"?