Main Menu

From some anti vaxxers

Started by cromwell, September 10, 2021, 11:30:24 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on October 19, 2021, 01:26:52 PM
You say they don't pay it legally, a while back the law was changed to cover 'Any device capable of displaying a TV picture'. Sneaky those BBC exec's.
Yes that's true because they realised no student was buying a tv licence in university and no university was buying any because it was cheaper to just provide an RJ ethernet cable in the student bedrooms and then as the routers and wifi got better, provide them with free wifi. I wonder how many who watch iplayer on their phones / tablets have been pulled up for it. However, as these guys show, it is dropping

https://www.statista.com/statistics/284752/bbc-tv-reach-by-channel-in-the-uk/
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Groo on December 29, 2021, 02:55:35 PM
Facebook?

Most normal people do use their real names, but there is a large minority who create fake, some many fake, accounts to spread mischief.
there is indeed groo , but normally they are fairly easy to spot. new accounts , hardly any friends or  family and the like. No platform is perfect .

However , toots claim that the anonymity of the web is the greatest evil doesnt stack up with the fact most platforms , however they are abused , tend to have real people with real information on them.

I would hazard a gues the vast majority of facebook users are genuine , and the fake accounts are a minority unless you have other info groo?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Groo

Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 09:08:41 AM
That is the biggest myth about the internet toots.

We have done this to death many a time.

Facebook for example is where most folk post under their real names with their picture and information all available for anyone to see , and the abuse and arguments on there are worse than on forums like this.

I post on here under my real name , as i do twitter , yet you dont , and you are complaining about anonymity? ;)

If you actually believe people are hiding under anonymity , and revealing who they are will cure the internets alleged ills , then im sorry toots but you really dont understand people or come into contact with many.

Human characteristics are the same as they always have been ....good and bad , argumentative and quiet , and every other polar opposite and inbetween you can think of .

A good workman doesnt blame his tools , so im not sure why the internet is to blame for the faults of mankind.

Facebook?

Most normal people do use their real names, but there is a large minority who create fake, some many fake, accounts to spread mischief.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on October 19, 2021, 01:26:52 PM
You say they don't pay it legally, a while back the law was changed to cover 'Any device capable of displaying a TV picture'. Sneaky those BBC exec's.
I dont know nick , but what i do know is there is mass non payment of the tv licence both legally and illegally.

The BBC faces "significant" uncertainty over its financial future due to changes in viewing habits, a National Audit Office report has found.
"While the BBC remains the most used media brand in the UK, its share of younger audiences has been under pressure," the spending watchdog said.
"Falling audience share poses a financial risk as people are less likely to pay the licence fee.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55731099

The BBC's licence fee income fell by £310 million between 2017-18 and 2019-20, to £3.52 billion.

There was a 450,000 fall in the number of non-over-75 households buying TV licences – due to changes in audience viewing habits

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/falling-audience-share-bbc-licence-fee-income-b900382.html

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on October 17, 2021, 10:25:58 PM
The BBC has already seen the writing on the wall and produced BritBox. The BBC will slip away silently and at some point BritBox will change it's name to BritBox-BBC for a while before dropping the BritBox part. Lo and behold you have a BBC subscription service again!!
Amen to that nick.

I can't think of anyone of my acquantance under 50 years old who watches the bbc , either in part or at all. There is mass non payment of the licence fee in scotland for political reasons , and then as discussed we have the younger demographic who legally avoid paying it due to not watching live TV.

As you say , i think its a case of the government in westmisnter thinking if in doubt do nowt for the minute , but there was talk of getting rid of the licence within the next 5 years.

A shamefull feckin organistation whose reputation ....such as it was , has taken a hammering over the last decade in both scotland and england.

I still laugh when i read this old article....

Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive: BBC Scotland and the Labour Party

The Family resides in Glasgow and is presided over by Ken McQuarrie. Ken MacQuarrie's Head of News at BBC Scotland is John, John Boothman. John is married to Susan, Susan is Susan Deacon. Susan is a former Labour MSP and Health Minister at Holyrood.
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/bbc-chief-too-close-to-labour-claims-ex-colleague.22317694
Ken's Head of Online News is Tom, Tom Connor. Tom and John are said to have offered media training to Labour Party wannabe politicians. Tom's department operates BBC Scotland blogs; infamous for their ban on public comments, unlike any other part of the UK.
Another Tom is Tom McCabe. Tom is a member of the Scottish Labour Party and used to be an MSP. Tom also used to be the partner of Lorraine, Lorraine Davidson. Lorraine's career has swung between the Labour Party and the BBC. She used to be a spin-doctor – with the Labour Party or was it the BBC? Not too sure on that one. Lorraine became a weel-kent voice on BBC Scotland frequently ushered in to air her views on all the big issues of the day. Lorraine is now married to David.
David is David Martin and he's a Labour Party MEP. David Martin is friends with Catriona, Catriona Renton. Catriona loves politics which is good because that's what she covers as a BBC Scotland reporter. Catriona was a Labour councillor in Glasgow with ambitions to become an MSP but sadly didn't get elected in 2003. Catriona is a friendly sort of lady with Facebook chums the likes of Jackie Baillie ( herself a very friendly lady who is also chums with Gary Robertson and Alan Clements hubby of Kirsty Wark ), Yousuf Hamid, Tom Harris, Mike Dailly, Frank McAveety, John Robertson, John Park, Steven Purcell, Dave Watson – is there Labour person Catriona isn't chummy with?

https://lenathehyena.wordpress.com/2014/08/29/oh-what-a-tangled-web-we-weave-when-first-we-practice-to-deceive-bbc-scotland-and-the-labour-party/

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 06:58:39 PMThere is growing and massive agreement that the bbc licence fee has a limited shelf life as it stands . joe public , in terms of yonger generations are already avoiding paying for it legally by not watching live tv. Netflix , you tube  smart tellys etc abound , the licence fee is disproportionately being paid for now by the elderly who by and large are the ones who stick loyally to the beeb.
The BBC has already seen the writing on the wall and produced BritBox. The BBC will slip away silently and at some point BritBox will change it's name to BritBox-BBC for a while before dropping the BritBox part. Lo and behold you have a BBC subscription service again!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: srb7677 on October 13, 2021, 11:58:38 PM
In essence, the right hate the BBC for being too woke, whilst the left hate the BBC for beinmg too establishmentarian.
A bit simplistic, but essentially true. The Left fodder and Right fodder just respond to the dog-whistle populism of their star performers...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 17, 2021, 07:55:00 PM
Well first off I ain't about to discuss an individual member or their status with you or anybody else outside the mods and forum owner.

im not asking you to.  We are talking about the principle of why someone is allowed to spout bile , to "keep the appearance of the forum as being busy" while facebook and social media get hounded for online anonymity and not tackling hate speech. One forum owner wants it to be busy , the others are milking in revenue from millions of users and in reality couldnt care less about who offends who.

Thats the real world , and i have no problem with it except the moral grandstanding and scapegoating when things go wrong.

What im asking you  , is what YOU want done about it.??? You identified the problem you perceive , now cant offer as ever any solution. ::)

QuoteSecondly I have several times outlined that those who pose a serious risk and what I would like to see done i.e. tracked down and brought to book  whether that be by imprisonment deportation barred from internet use whatever is required to best protect individuals and the wider public

So why didnt it happen on this case? He was on a police watchlist , yet you claim its all the internets fault ?

The police and authorites already follow and know who the extremists online are already in many cases.

I say again , removing online anonymity  , thats if we can people to agree to it and post , will achieve next to nothing in the case of david amess attacker never mind points i have made earlier.

People will carry on being cants and extremists  , spouting hate speech and all the rest as they have always done.

Its the internet , not a laboratory for reshaping human characteristics. Extremism wil lcarry on unabated online or offline , with or without anonymity as it always has done and always will do.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 07:40:10 PM
Wether you call it a "licence fee" , or some form of general taxation , im saying to you i dont agree. For those who want to watch live tv , or recorded tv , it will be on subscription .

Thats where we are disagreeing on the subject of paying.

The bbc , or any public service broadcasters days are numbered , in terms or relying on public taxation.

I know how it developed cromwell , and im still non too clear what you want done.

It wasnt the internets fault the guy  , who was on priti patels watchlist as a suspect , was allowed to run riot and kill someone.

On top of that , we have already spoken about how radicalisation isnt a new problem ( nazi germany , IRA , Etc etc) so it isnt the internets fault.

You are blaming age old problems on a new scapegoat , and im disagreeing with you.
The real problem people?

So now you are picking who you wish to claim as an extremist yet ignoring the problem right under your nose ?

I can live with the internet as it stands cromwell ...remember?

You are the one who has a problem and wants something done , but can't tell us what that is?
Well first off I ain't about to discuss an individual member or their status with you or anybody else outside the mods and forum owner.

Secondly I have several times outlined that those who pose a serious risk and what I would like to see done i.e. tracked down and brought to book  whether that be by imprisonment deportation barred from internet use whatever is required to best protect individuals and the wider public.
Not much more to say so
https://youtu.be/b9434BoGkNQ
:P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 17, 2021, 07:25:44 PM
There probably won't be any licence fee,so what I didn't say there would.
What I said is like most countries there will be a public broadcaster and you will pay for it like it or not through taxation.

Wether you call it a "licence fee" , or some form of general taxation , im saying to you i dont agree. For those who want to watch live tv , or recorded tv , it will be on subscription .

Thats where we are disagreeing on the subject of paying.

The bbc , or any public service broadcasters days are numbered , in terms or relying on public taxation.

QuoteCobblers the thread has developed around events linked to the death of an MP,typing in capitals al a smurfy now......no it's not just me but others concerned too.

I know how it developed cromwell , and im still non too clear what you want done.

It wasnt the internets fault the guy  , who was on priti patels watchlist as a suspect , was allowed to run riot and kill someone.

On top of that , we have already spoken about how radicalisation isnt a new problem ( nazi germany , IRA , Etc etc) so it isnt the internets fault.

You are blaming age old problems on a new scapegoat , and im disagreeing with you.
Goodfellow is minor league pita why don't you answer what I said around the real problem people.

The real problem people?

So now you are picking who you wish to claim as an extremist yet ignoring the problem right under your nose ?

I can live with the internet as it stands cromwell ...remember?

You are the one who has a problem and wants something done , but cant tell us what that is?

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 06:58:39 PM
No they wont.

There is growing and massive agreement that the bbc licence fee has a limited shelf life as it stands . joe public , in terms of yonger generations are already avoiding paying for it legally by not watching live tv. Netflix , you tube  smart tellys etc abound , the licence fee is disproportionately being paid for now by the elderly who by and large are the ones who stick loyally to the beeb.

Eventually  ,the demographic timebomb that is ticking away will mean the licence fee becomes irrelevant , and the bbc will have to charge for its services like others , instead of relying on government handouts through the current fee.

Joe public might have to pay , but only the ones who want to watch the beeb will subsrcibe to it , as it should be.
There probably won't be any licence fee,so what I didn't say there would.
What I said is like most countries there will be a public broadcaster and you will pay for it like it or not through taxation.
Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 07:03:24 PM
i havent claimed you do.

The thread has developed into YOU claiming you have identified a problem with the internet.

I asked you when in the past was a better time in terms of spreading of hate , or lies , misinformation , you can't tell me.

I asked you what you could do about it , you can't tell me.

In short cromwell , as ever , you want to play the banjo over some perceived wrong , but not do anything about it.

You can't be bothered cromwell , hate speakers , trolls etc like goodfellow can , which is why the "problem" isnt going to go away , and will remain as it always has.

Cobblers the thread has developed around events linked to the death of an MP,typing in capitals al a smurfy now......no it's not just me but others concerned too.

Goodfellow is minor league pita why don't you answer what I said around the real problem people.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 17, 2021, 05:06:01 PM
anonymity please quote a post where I,Barry,T00ts or many others as individuals have promoted murder,terrorism,beheadings,trolling ceaselessly of people or threatening extreme violence because we don't agree with another's views?

i havent claimed you do.

The thread has developed into YOU claiming you have identified a problem with the internet.

I asked you when in the past was a better time in terms of spreading of hate , or lies , misinformation , you can't tell me.

I asked you what you could do about it , you can't tell me.

In short cromwell , as ever , you want to play the banjo over some perceived wrong , but not do anything about it.

You can't be bothered cromwell , hate speakers , trolls etc like goodfellow can , which is why the "problem" isnt going to go away , and will remain as it always has.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 17, 2021, 05:06:01 PM

I don't really care how the beeb is funded I'm just saying joe public will pay in the end

No they wont.

There is growing and massive agreement that the bbc licence fee has a limited shelf life as it stands . joe public , in terms of yonger generations are already avoiding paying for it legally by not watching live tv. Netflix , you tube  smart tellys etc abound , the licence fee is disproportionately being paid for now by the elderly who by and large are the ones who stick loyally to the beeb.

Eventually  ,the demographic timebomb that is ticking away will mean the licence fee becomes irrelevant , and the bbc will have to charge for its services like others , instead of relying on government handouts through the current fee.

Joe public might have to pay , but only the ones who want to watch the beeb will subsrcibe to it , as it should be.