So it's twenty years

Started by cromwell, September 11, 2021, 06:55:18 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on September 11, 2021, 06:55:18 AM
Since 9/11 (bloody yanks getting dates arse uppards) but it's one of those days when many can remember where they were and what they were doing and looking in disbelief at what they were seeing.

Same for those old enough and Kennedy getting assassinated.

The yanks lashed out and now we're seeing the results of that and it hasn't ended well......actually not ended at all.

That is show business.

I remember being told that there might be some form of call up when Kennedy was assassinated and that our thoughts should be with Jackie Kennedy, although to be honest my real thought was oh Christ, I am going to get my arse shot off because of an America housewife.

And my daughter was born in 1977 and my son in 1981, which really stood out in my mind.

Can't say that I took a lot of notice of much else.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

My memory is long enough to remember

Queen Elizabeth's coronation
The first man on the moon
Kennedy both brothers assassinations
John Lennon's murder
Diana's death
9/11

Those are the first that come to mind. That's without the political ones. Of all of them 9/11 had me aghast on the edge of my chair as the planes crashed. I remember calling to my husband to come and see - it was a truly terrible day. Although it was all those miles away we knew only too well that our citizens were involved. It was devastating and still is.

What mistakes have we made since? What did it really teach us? Just today our spy masters admit that potential attacks have multiplied more than ever. Will the threat ever go away and the world live in harmony?

Barry

Things are better now. No Bush and Bliar in power.
No, we've got Joe BInlaDEN who blew up a law abiding family in Afghanistan, said they were IS planning a bombing. They were not but they died so he could look good for a few days.
Impeachment considered?
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Since 9/11 (bloody yanks getting dates arse uppards) but it's one of those days when many can remember where they were and what they were doing and looking in disbelief at what they were seeing.

Same for those old enough and Kennedy getting assassinated.

The yanks lashed out and now we're seeing the results of that and it hasn't ended well......actually not ended at all.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?