Main Menu

Ancestral DNA

Started by papasmurf, December 11, 2019, 01:14:04 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

I suspect that pre the 19th century my lot were Irish tinkers. Where there was a pint to mouch, a kettle to mend or a clock to pinch, we were there.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=9155 time=1576073265 user_id=89
My family used to be charcoal burners and rustic furniture makers. That involved connections with the Hampden estate which goes back before the Norman invasion.

Ahh that explains it. Obviously a toff by default!   :D

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=9153 time=1576072117 user_id=54
Still the same end result! As an aside I am also tracking my family but haven't got as far as you seem to have. Where did you find 900 yr old records?

My family used to be charcoal burners and rustic furniture makers. That involved connections with the Hampden estate which goes back before the Norman invasion.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=9152 time=1576072012 user_id=89
More possibly Genghis Khan.

Still the same end result! As an aside I am also tracking my family but haven't got as far as you seem to have. Where did you find 900 yr old records?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=9149 time=1576071041 user_id=54
Adam here we come!  :hattip

More possibly Genghis Khan.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=9145 time=1576070044 user_id=89
Well I have unscrewed my wallet and paid for an ancestral DNA test. I had managed to get back around a 900 years with written records and the only way further back is ancestral DNA checking. My ancestors can be traced back to one small area of Buckinghamshire for that around 900 years but before then is a complete unknown.

Adam here we come!  :hattip

papasmurf

Well I have unscrewed my wallet and paid for an ancestral DNA test. I had managed to get back around a 900 years with written records and the only way further back is ancestral DNA checking. My ancestors can be traced back to one small area of Buckinghamshire for that around 900 years but before then is a complete unknown.