Main Menu

Co-Pay

Started by Nick, September 13, 2021, 01:51:19 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Personally I would be happy for the NHS to be scrapped and a US insurance based system to be installed.
During the time I lived in Charlotte N.C I paid what they call a CoPay insurance, the meaning which is fairly explanatory.
I had on 2 occasions a reason to call upon this insurance, once for the birth of my son and once when my 4 year old daughter had a febrile seizure (which scared the sh1t out of me).

The bills that I got after the insurance was taken out were infinitely less than what I would have paid in NI in the UK over the same period so why all this hysteria about the NHS being bought out by the US? The one thing that struck me was the amount of bills, one from the ambulance dept when she had her seizure, one from the reception that checked her in, one from the porter guys who wheeled her about, etc... They're all run as cost centre: you can see exactly which dept is making money and which is losing it, fantastic.

I'm sure someone is going to come up with the 'they check you credit card before they save your life'... Well that is nonsense cause I asked the question.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.