Main Menu

Co-Pay

Started by Nick, September 13, 2021, 01:51:19 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 15, 2021, 05:44:37 PM

What about wales , or is that an inconvenient truth?

I went to Wales once, once was enough.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 05:43:21 PM
Which leaves 50 years when they weren't.

Those were the years health improved.

What about wales , or is that an inconvenient truth?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 15, 2021, 05:40:48 PM
Yes they were , for thirty of those 80 years.

On top of that , they are in power in wales , and have been for over two decades , and places like merthyr tydfil , rhonnda , Blaenu etc have some of the worst health in europe.

Which leaves 50 years when they weren't.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 04:47:56 PM
But they were not in government.

Yes they were , for thirty of those 80 years.

On top of that , they are in power in wales , and have been for over two decades , and places like merthyr tydfil , rhonnda , Blaenu etc have some of the worst health in europe.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 15, 2021, 04:24:09 PM
Labour were in control of glasgow city council  for 80 years ,

But they were not in government.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 08:51:26 AM
Illness always rises under Tory governments,

Labour were in control of glasgow city council  for 80 years ,and had glaswegians with the worst health and life expectancy in the western world.

Labour are in control of the welsh devolved system  , and have been for two decades and health problems and illness are rising under them.

Many countries further afield have major issue with health such as the usa and obesity  , so to blame your pet hate incessantly for the worlds ills is laughable when it comes to health.

The starting point for many health issues is personally responsibility , and then you go from there  unless you have underlying issues you were born with .

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 15, 2021, 02:36:46 PM
It is called old age Pappy

Actually it isn't entirely which is why I posted which you obviously dis not read.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 15, 2021, 01:33:03 PM
U.K. deaths and suicide have barely changed in the last 20 years. Suicides have in fact fallen in that period.

Really? Evidence please? (I would point out there is a near three year lag in data for suicides which are always admitted to be an underestimate anyway.)

Borchester

About 15 million people in England have a long-term condition (1). Long-term conditions or chronic diseases are conditions for which there is currently no cure,

It is called old age Pappy and if you feel the need to speed things along, well, Lands End is barely thirty miles away. Forgive me if I don't join you but I will wait until the Almighty sends for me. Right now life is just too much fun.  :) :)
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 15, 2021, 01:33:03 PM
U.K. deaths and suicide have barely changed in the last 20 years. Suicides have in fact fallen in that period.
He probably meant it always rains and the sun never shines and the crops fail — mind you, he could have a point to argue if he said a plague would arrive...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 08:51:26 AMIllness always rises under Tory governments, (as do suicides,) and that whether you or anyone else likes it or not is researched and documented fact.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Illness always rises under Tory governments, (as do suicides,) and that whether you or anyone else likes it or not is researched and documented fact.
Also for many decades medical science has been very good at keeping people alive who in the past would have died, bit keeping them alive does not mean they are fit and well.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/time-think-differently/trends-disease-and-disability-long-term-conditions-multi-morbidity

About 15 million people in England have a long-term condition (1). Long-term conditions or chronic diseases are conditions for which there is currently no cure, and which are managed with drugs and other treatment, for example: diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, arthritis and hypertension.

Long-term conditions are more prevalent in older people (58 per cent of people over 60 compared to 14 per cent under 40) and in more deprived groups (people in the poorest social class have a 60 per cent higher prevalence than those in the richest social class and 30 per cent more severity of disease) (1).

https://jech.bmj.com/content/56/10/723

Mortality and political climate: how suicide rates have risen during periods of Conservative government, 1901–2000
Considering we are reduced to looking after the senile and reduced to Gods waiting room there sure seems a few he didn't get, although the Tories promised he would.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 15, 2021, 08:27:30 AM

That said, I can't see where all the money is going. Nearly a fifth of the UK's tax receipts go to fund the NHS and we can't all be that sick.

Illness always rises under Tory governments, (as do suicides,) and that whether you or anyone else likes it or not is researched and documented fact.
Also for many decades medical science has been very good at keeping people alive who in the past would have died, bit keeping them alive does not mean they are fit and well.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/time-think-differently/trends-disease-and-disability-long-term-conditions-multi-morbidity

About 15 million people in England have a long-term condition (1). Long-term conditions or chronic diseases are conditions for which there is currently no cure, and which are managed with drugs and other treatment, for example: diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, arthritis and hypertension.

Long-term conditions are more prevalent in older people (58 per cent of people over 60 compared to 14 per cent under 40) and in more deprived groups (people in the poorest social class have a 60 per cent higher prevalence than those in the richest social class and 30 per cent more severity of disease) (1).

https://jech.bmj.com/content/56/10/723

Mortality and political climate: how suicide rates have risen during periods of Conservative government, 1901–2000

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on September 15, 2021, 08:11:43 AM

Tory bad doesnt cut the mustard on this subject when you consider all of the above , which most people are aware of except you.

To be fair,it does for Pappy who has replaced any requirement for the most basic level of political, social and economic analysis with "I hate Tories!".

That said, I can't see where all the money is going. Nearly a fifth of the UK's tax receipts go to fund the NHS and we can't all be that sick.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 13, 2021, 10:04:32 AM
The Tories have spent ten years defunding the NHS, that is why it is in the state it is.

The tories arent in control of the "nhs" with the implication uk wide.

The tories are in control of englands nhs , and all the devolved systems have problems , with the labour party controlled welsh nhs the worst performing out of the uk health systems.

The tories have indeed funded the nhs in England below the average , but what you leave unspoken is the tens of billions of PFI debt the labour party loaded onto the three nhs systems during their tenure in power in westmisnter , and the devolved administrations , which the incoming snp government and tory government in scotland and england respectively have had to deal with.

Tory bad doesnt cut the mustard on this subject when you consider all of the above , which most people are aware of except you.