Main Menu

Co-Pay

Started by Nick, September 13, 2021, 01:51:19 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

What's this got to do with health insurance?  ::)
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2021, 12:55:26 PM
Excluding maybe Newquay nowhere in Cornwall is over-run as you try and convince everyone.

Your personal experience just does not extrapolate to be the overall picture.
Sorry Nick but I  live here and all the local residents are complaining about the hell of far too many tourists has caused this year. Due to proliferation of AirBandB, holiday lets, second homes, all the local business's cannot get staff as there is nowhere left for the staff to live.
If you bothered to look the media/press has been full of the problems being caused by far too many tourists and the disgusting behaviour from far too many of them. (Also it is not just Cornwall suffering from far too many tourists.)
If if were not for local volunteers constantly clearing up after badly behaved tourists who have no respect for the area or the people who live here the SSSI would be like an open air toilet and rubbish tip.
It is an (expletive deleted,) totally unacceptable situation.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 16, 2021, 08:50:54 AM
I am NOT trying to stop Tourism.  It is the mass influx totally wrecking the area is what I and many thousands of people object to.
You cannot get a gallon into a pint pot.

Excluding maybe Newquay nowhere in Cornwall is over-run as you try and convince everyone. I drove the length and breadth of Cornwall and the only place that was a bit busy was a beach up near Padstow. Even lands end was reasonably quiet.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on September 15, 2021, 06:04:57 PM
No you didnt. You made a puerile over the top comment about the english tory party increasing illness and health issues , and i pointed out in  wales , where the tories havent been anywhere near power since the days of john major , the welsh nhs and areas of wales has some of the worst health and poorest performing health system in not just the uk , but europe.

And one or two of its trusts in special measures for total fucking incompetence

And the mincing ass hole who instead of being sacked for not being able to do the job of health minister got given a proper minister to be his side kick delayed the COVID Test Rollout in Wales for several months because no one could provide the instruction leaflets in Welsh.

No one NEEDED them in Welsh, apart from a couple of cottage burners whose votes in the chamber formed the crutches that the Marxist loving twats in the bay needed but as Plaid weren't going to vote with the Tories to bring down the Assembly this side of a snowstorm in hell.....

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on September 15, 2021, 01:33:03 PM
U.K. deaths and suicide have barely changed in the last 20 years. Suicides have in fact fallen in that period.

Really

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/suicidesintheunitedkingdom/2019registrations#suicides-by-country

In 2019 the ONS reported the actual number in England to he the highest for some time although the 5% increase was said by the ONS to be not statistically significant, whilst in Wales the figures were on a par with the past.

As a student of biochemistry I was taught a number of ways to present results and assess the statistical significance thereof. I know enough to know I could massage a set of figures to give a summary either way, and most real scientists also had that training, in my day.

I therefore feel there is good cause to examine the effect fact method whereby the ONS came to that set of statements, but I can't be arsed to do it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 15, 2021, 10:48:57 PM
Without tourism Cornwall wouldn't

I am NOT trying to stop Tourism.  It is the mass influx totally wrecking the area is what I and many thousands of people object to.
You cannot get a gallon into a pint pot.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 07:35:46 PM
I left Buckinghamshire because of several reasons, none of them were because I did not like it.
I like Cornwall, I just don't like the over tourism, local people being evicted from rented homes to make way for AirBandB and holiday lets, and the way they are being ridden over roughshod because of it.
Without tourism Cornwall wouldn't survive and despite your denials you cannot escape the fact I comers like you deprived a local of a home.

I'm not saying it's wrong,people should be free to move wherever they wish in the country but it's hypocritical to whinge about others doing that whether it be temporary or permanent.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 15, 2021, 07:15:20 PM
You left your home obviously cause you didn't like it, you can't stand Cornwall, Wales and now Scotland. What a bundle of happiness you are.

I left Buckinghamshire because of several reasons, none of them were because I did not like it.
I like Cornwall, I just don't like the over tourism, local people being evicted from rented homes to make way for AirBandB and holiday lets, and the way they are being ridden over roughshod because of it.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 05:58:39 PM
I made a legitimate comment on my feelings about Wales. I feel the same way about Scotland.

You left your home obviously cause you didn't like it, you can't stand Cornwall, Wales and now Scotland. What a bundle of happiness you are.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 06:12:16 PM
Not puerile actuarially accurate based on data.

except in scotland wales , and every other country where the tories arent in power ........
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 15, 2021, 06:04:57 PM
No you didnt. You made a puerile over the top comment about the english tory party increasing illness and health issues ,

Not puerile actuarially accurate based on data.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 05:58:39 PM
I made a legitimate comment on my feelings about Wales. I feel the same way about Scotland.

No you didnt. You made a puerile over the top comment about the english tory party increasing illness and health issues , and i pointed out in  wales , where the tories havent been anywhere near power since the days of john major , the welsh nhs and areas of wales has some of the worst health and poorest performing health system in not just the uk , but europe.

I also pointed out scotland hasnt fared much better under labour .

So yet again , we hear you  spouting tory bad propaganda with little to back up your claims.

This is why you are , and alwys have been a figure of ridicule on any forum i have been on. You do  more damage to the cause of removing the tories form government than anything else with your over the top ridiculous moon howling tory bad comments on a regular basis.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 15, 2021, 05:52:43 PM
Stop derailing the thread when you are caught on a skewer or i will report your post for trolling.

You made a puerile point , and now can't back it up .

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 05:46:08 PM
I went to Wales once, once was enough.

Was it the standard of the labour party controlled welsh nhs ?

Labour have run the Welsh Government ever since devolution 20 years ago and without exception the Assembly in Cardiff has delivered worse (often spectacularly worse) results than its SNP-run counterpart since 2007.

The equivalent Welsh measure for operations cancelled for non-clinical reasons (what Scottish Labour describe as because "hospitals couldn't cope") is 75,000 in two years. That's 37,500 a year, compared to the Scottish figure of 8,311.

And if we adjust those numbers pro-rata to account for Wales being a significantly smaller country than Scotland (with just 58% of the population), we get these figures:

NON-CLINICAL OPERATION CANCELLATIONS (per year)

Scotland: 8,311
Wales: 64,113

The Welsh figures under Labour are a breathtaking 771% worse than Scotland's. We're going to say that again in case you think it's a typo:

Seven hundred and seventy-one percent.

There's a reason the Scottish public don't trust Labour to run their public services, even when they're imperfect. And everyone except Scottish Labour knows what it is.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 05:46:08 PM
I went to Wales once, once was enough.

Stop derailing the thread when you are caught on a skewer or i will report your post for trolling.

You made a puerile point , and now cant back it up .