Main Menu

Co-Pay

Started by Nick, September 13, 2021, 01:51:19 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 17, 2021, 08:42:36 AM
Im a regular visitor to France , as you claim to be , and as you should know the french constantly moan about their system.

Thomas you have no idea about the problems within the French health care system despite spending far more on healthcare than than the UK does.
Frankly you are in total ignorance of the reality and not for the first time.
https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/docserver/health_glance_eur-2018-29-en.pdf?expires=1631865816&id=id&accname=guest&checksum=85677D7D326F4B9321E1CFB274BC10F9
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Culture shock: How the British health service just doesn't really compare to France's

London based French blogger Muriel Demarcus explains the culture shock of getting treated in the UK compared to France. And it doesn't make for easy reading if you appreciate the British Health service.

In short, let's tell it as it is: it looks like the British put up with a lot more than we French do. Which is why, I believe, French expats need to be extra-careful when they move, especially if they suffer from a chronic condition that requires specific care. It's all about finding what works for you.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20170426/ten-ways-the-british-health-service-is-different-to-frances/
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 17, 2021, 08:40:27 AM
My earlier post was no nonsense at all. For instance the French healthcare system has some very serious problems.
Your link does not mention that.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20200525/why-france-is-planning-a-massive-overhaul-of-its-healthcare-system/

Im a regular visitor to France , as you claim to be , and as you should know the french constantly moan about their system.

However , any of them who have had the misfortune to use the nhs know full well the grass isnt greener o nthe other side , and whatever problems the french system has ( which system doesnt?) its still regularly a far superior system to the nhs systems in the uk.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 17, 2021, 08:35:19 AM
I read it the first time , so no need to repeat a banal reply.

Based on the various evaluations and whatever criteria used , the uk systems do not make it into the top 5 , therefore making your earlier post nonsense.

My earlier post was no nonsense at all. For instance the French healthcare system has some very serious problems.
Your link does not mention that.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20200525/why-france-is-planning-a-massive-overhaul-of-its-healthcare-system/

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 17, 2021, 08:36:44 AM
Thomas shut up you did not bother to read the link that you posted, Also I made a typo.

Now you are trolling.

I will leave it there before you start waffling on about personal issues or what your latest t shirt says. I read the link unlike you .

The world health organisation and anyone else who dares to contradict smurf are clearly all wrong , while you obviously are correct. :D

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 17, 2021, 08:31:15 AM
stop spamming the thread with irrelevant sentences. You claimed the nhs has few if any equals , the link proves you are wrong. Plenty health sytems are ranked better via the various comparisons the WHO and other agencies can make.

Thomas shut up you did not bother to read the link that you posted, Also I made a typo.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 17, 2021, 08:33:10 AM

Unfortunately, it's clear that there is no single perfect answer to this question. Rather, the answer depends upon whom you ask and what criteria they use to evaluate the various systems.

I read it the first time , so no need to repeat a banal reply.

Based on the various evaluations and whatever criteria used , the uk systems do not make it into the top 5 , therefore making your earlier post nonsense.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 17, 2021, 08:28:19 AM
From your link:-

What countries have the best healthcare in the world?

stop spamming the thread with irrelevant sentences. You claimed the nhs has few if any equals , the link proves you are wrong. Plenty health sytems are ranked better via the various comparisons the WHO and other agencies can make.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 17, 2021, 08:20:07 AM

Best Healthcare In The World 2021

France   

Italy   

San Marino   

Andorra   

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/best-healthcare-in-the-world

Many countries around the world have far better health systems than the uk nations.

From your link:-

What countries have the best healthcare in the world?
Unfortunately, it's clear that there is no single perfect answer to this question. Rather, the answer depends upon whom you ask and what criteria they use to evaluate the various systems.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 17, 2021, 06:38:38 AM
Even with the problems it has the NHS has few if any equals.

Best Healthcare In The World 2021

France   

Italy   

San Marino   

Andorra   

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/best-healthcare-in-the-world

Many countries around the world have far better health systems than the uk nations.

in this link from 2020 , the uk was ranked even further back in 18th.

https://www.internationalinsurance.com/health/systems/

..and in the last years of the new labor government , the uk health system wasnt even in the top five.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on September 16, 2021, 10:16:59 PM
Why is it only the USA system that is ever mentioned. I would have thought we should be looking all over the world to see what other countries do. It's interesting but I am not sure that there is another country with the equivalent of our NHS. What does Russia do? I believe some years before we did it they closed a lot of hospitals and centred everything into large places miles from many people. Do we have a communist NHS?

Exactly toots.

This implication the USA model is the only other alternative , so we must stick with what we have is nothing more than labour party propaganda and all part of the canonisation process of the various nhs systems across the uk by labour for political point scoring.

Labours attitude to the nhs is its our pet , no one else can touch it , and as we know they love to use it as a political football , not because they are interested in the people who work in it , or the public who use it , but merely to score political brownie points.

The fact of the matter is most countries around the world have a public health system , and most of them dont use the american system.

On top of that , contrary to the guff you hear about the nhs being "the best in the world ," the various uk health systems rarely is ever make it into the top 5 health systems in the world .

The french system is consistently one of the best , and the recent rankings  have south korea with one of the best systems with the uk barely in the top ten.

We regualrly laugh at labour party propaganda which goes something like the evil tories/scot nats are going to destroy the nhs.

We had this the other day in the scottish parliament to much laughter when it was pointed out the one uk nation where labour are in control of the health system , Wales , and have been for decades is the worst ranked out of all the uk nations.

Pleanty of things we can learn from other countries , but as long as the labour types continue to "canonise" the nhs beyond any form of criticism and change for the better , it will continue its downwards spiral and ever increasing demands for more and more money into the bottomless pit.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 16, 2021, 10:16:59 PM
Why is it only the USA system that is ever mentioned. I would have thought we should be looking all over the world to see what other countries do.

Even with the problems it has the NHS has few if any equals.

T00ts

Why is it only the USA system that is ever mentioned. I would have thought we should be looking all over the world to see what other countries do. It's interesting but I am not sure that there is another country with the equivalent of our NHS. What does Russia do? I believe some years before we did it they closed a lot of hospitals and centred everything into large places miles from many people. Do we have a communist NHS?

srb7677

The massive problem with an insurance based system like that in the USA is that - bottom line - you get what you pay for regardless of need. And if your long term needs increase so do your premiums. So how sick you are determines how much you pay ultimately, regardless of your means.

Here you are treated free at the point of use according to your means, regardless of how rich you are. But what you contribute is determined by how much you earn and how much wealth you have. So the richer you are the more you tend to pay.

Which is entirely why - amongst the self-interested - it tends to be those with a few bob who want to change to an insurance-based system, whilst those with more minimal means utterly oppose it.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 16, 2021, 01:58:41 PM
What's this got to do with health insurance?  ::)

Ask Nick.