Main Menu

Co-Pay

Started by Nick, September 13, 2021, 01:51:19 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2021, 10:14:52 AM
Nick, I have used the M5 a few time recently and apart from last Sunday coming South it has been a nightmare.
However in the rural area where I live using the roads this year has been extremely dangerous every day for months due to far too much tourist traffic and a massive rise in road accidents.
It has delayed and/or obstructed  buses, and  the emergency services, made people late for appointments, and late for work.
Frankly you do not have a clue how bad it has been here, every day for months.

I was there a month ago if you remember and apart from the section of A30 after the M5 it was fine. Clearly your level of patience is lower than mine so we'll leave it there.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 09:44:50 AM
Try driving on the M6 passed Stoke, there have been road works for nearly 20 years.

Nick, I have used the M5 a few time recently and apart from last Sunday coming South it has been a nightmare.
However in the rural area where I live using the roads this year has been extremely dangerous every day for months due to far too much tourist traffic and a massive rise in road accidents.
It has delayed and/or obstructed  buses, and  the emergency services, made people late for appointments, and late for work.
Frankly you do not have a clue how bad it has been here, every day for months.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 19, 2021, 09:55:50 AM
M6,M60 Burnhams bloody bike lanes smurfy doesn't know he's born.

Never trust a bloke with eyebrows like that.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 09:44:50 AM
Try driving on the M6 passed Stoke, there have been road works for nearly 20 years.
M6,M60 Burnhams bloody bike lanes smurfy doesn't know he's born.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2021, 08:21:23 AM
I can vouch for the fact that this latest tourist season seems to have brought to the southwest an enhanced number of idiots who don't know how to drive. I constantly noticed it on my daily 30 mile round trip commute between Plymouth and Callington. I am not going to be so stupid as to say all the tourists were idiot drivers - far from it - and there are a few home grown idiots as well. But the idiot driver count was worryingly high for a while. Fortunately, the majority seem to have effed off again now.

papasmurf

I am not going to be so stupid as to say all the tourists were idiot drivers - far from it - and there are a few home grown idiots as well. But the idiot driver count was worryingly high for a while. Fortunately, the majority seem to have effed off again now.

It still is worryingly high, the road accident death rate has gone up from 4 per month in Devon and Cornwall to 30 per month.
The local bad drivers combined with the Tourist ones, (especially the Chelsea Tractor drivers,) has made it extremely dangerous on local roads this year.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on September 19, 2021, 08:34:53 AM
Well lucky old you and smurf and the end of the tourist season,try a major city it is road wars at times all year round.

try sitting on the m8 or m74 any time of the day never mind rush hour to see the truth in that statement cromwell.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

I can vouch for the fact that this latest tourist season seems to have brought to the southwest an enhanced number of idiots who don't know how to drive. I constantly noticed it on my daily 30 mile round trip commute between Plymouth and Callington. I am not going to be so stupid as to say all the tourists were idiot drivers - far from it - and there are a few home grown idiots as well. But the idiot driver count was worryingly high for a while. Fortunately, the majority seem to have effed off again now.
Well lucky old you and smurf and the end of the tourist season,try a major city it is road wars at times all year round.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 12:44:24 AM
They're no different to anywhere else in the U.K.

The very badly behaved tourists are a very recent phenomenon.
Frankly I don't think you even start to comprehend the serious nature of the problem.
If you lived where I live I suspect you would not only be complaining vociferously about it you would be taking direct action.
Local people have had enough. Our quality of life has been totally wrecked.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2021, 04:06:20 PM
The nasty badly behaved tourists with no respect for the people who live here or the area and have turned the place into an open air toilet and rubbish tip, as well as abusing staff in various businesses are a new phenomenon.
(They have also managed to put the death rate on local roads up by 700%.)

They're no different to anywhere else in the U.K. I'm currently in Edinburgh and have had a few drinks down the GrassMarket. There's Scousers, Americans, a very nice Irish couple, the lot. It is no different to the 50 other times I've been here except, there are a lot of job vacancies up in the coffee shops. If only they had a million students arriving soon!! 😯

Thomas

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 18, 2021, 02:40:51 PM
Both your links are pre schools breaking up for summer holidays, one from June and one from April. Regardless of that, there is nothing unique to Cornwall.

I had a quick look at Blackpool which hosts millions of visitors in a season, it's just the same. Scumbags are everywhere, not just in Cornwall.

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/blackpool-beach-left-strewn-rubbish-20711741

The nasty badly behaved tourists with no respect for the people who live here or the area and have turned the place into an open air toilet and rubbish tip, as well as abusing staff in various businesses are a new phenomenon.
(They have also managed to put the death rate on local roads up by 700%.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2021, 02:12:21 PM
I have posted many links to the mess and shit tourists are leaving behind them, you don't bother to read them.
(It is not just a Cornish Problem.)
Just a sample:-
https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/travel/travel-staycations-cornwall-highlands-dorset-pick-up-litter-and-poo-tourists-warned-1041364

https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/19209468.poldhu-lizard-rubbish-left-beach/

Both your links are pre schools breaking up for summer holidays, one from June and one from April. Regardless of that, there is nothing unique to Cornwall.

I had a quick look at Blackpool which hosts millions of visitors in a season, it's just the same. Scumbags are everywhere, not just in Cornwall.

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/blackpool-beach-left-strewn-rubbish-20711741

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on September 17, 2021, 12:54:28 PM

How about a link to one of the local rags showing this carnage?

Nick as ever its a total over reaction and exaggeration.

There is the odd issue cropping up in scotlands touristy spots. Luss on the western side of loch lomond is a favourite for tourists and glaswegians alike for beach barbecues or campfires , and on occasion mess is left behind by  the feckless few , and i dont see demands for all tourists to scotland being stopped or castrated.

If pappy doesnt want tourists in his backyard , then we welcome them to scotland and their hard earned cash in the hip.

If it was up to smurf , cornwall would be cleansed of all human beings so he could enjoy the solitude in perfect misery , but then who else apart from his long suffering wife and us would listen to his constant greeting?