How about moving offending threads to the Chat Box?

Started by Borchester, September 15, 2021, 08:59:22 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 05:45:09 PM
Because like bullies at school bullies were left alone and the victim kicked out. Very poor moderation.

One of the bans as i recal was for threatening legal action to forum poster major sinic , and when you were asked politely on numerous occassions to desist , you refused and were banned .

I didint like sinic , but on that occassion you were certainly not the victim , but as ever the perpetrator.

The mods have been more than fair to you on here , over generous in my view , as evidenced by the fact you are being allowed to post after receiving a lifetime ban for your behaviour , yet still you bleat as you can't get what you want , a platform to spew bile unchallenged .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 15, 2021, 05:43:18 PM

You have been banned for it more times than everyone on this forum put together.

Because like bullies at school bullies were left alone and the victim kicked out. Very poor moderation.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 04:46:41 PM
The problem with that Thomas it the safe forums I use you know nothing about, and you would be banned from anyway.

I take bans on the chin , and dont go crying to mod .

You dish out abuse , and run crying about "abuse" when it is returned .

You have been banned for it more times than everyone on this forum put together.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 15, 2021, 04:15:43 PM
I have personally seen you on this and two other forums , and you have been banned from all three over time for abuse and trolling.

The problem with that Thomas it the safe forums I use you know nothing about, and you would be banned from anyway.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on September 15, 2021, 04:14:16 PM
Well perhaps people on forums or not would like to feel safe and not on your long list of those whose lives you'd like to end.

Cromwell , how many time have we heard him

1. Threatening to shoot members of parliament.

2. threatening to gun down migrants on beaches.

3. Make online threats like "throwing people through glass windows " to other forum members ( dont laugh :D)

4. Threaten legal action to forum members for merely disagreeing with him?

Helluva nice old man who is merely misunderstood eh? ::)

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 04:10:15 PM
Actually I do from other forums I use, that are safe to use.

I have personally seen you on this and two other forums , and you have been banned from all three over time for abuse and trolling.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 04:10:15 PM
Well perhaps people on forums or not would like to feel safe and not on your long list of those whose lives you'd like to end.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 12:03:37 PM
I merely expect the forum to be a safe place, and given the amount of news and other coverage about online abuse I have to wonder why it has missed the mods notice.

This forum is a safe place ,and is as safe as anywhere else on the interwebby.

I suspect what you mean by "safe place" is a platform where you are free to spew your bile unchallenged  , which is never going to happen.

You talk about online abuse , but i and many other old forum members have personally read your "online abuse" directed at others on this forum over the years , for which you have been incessantly banned , culminating in a lifetime ban which was rescinded.

So the idea you are some poor helpless victim of "online abuse" is laughable in the extreme.

Lucky for you this isnt my forum , nor am i a mod , or you would never have been allowed back on here to carry on with your crap.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 15, 2021, 02:09:17 PM

You don't know what the reasons are that anyone is or is not using the forum.

Barry

Moderators have several tools at their disposal.
We do have the best interests of the forum and its members in our minds and we are always working behind the scenes.

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 11:44:24 AM
The forum should be a safe place, it isn't which is why so few people are joining it.
You don't know what the reasons are that anyone is or is not using the forum.
I can think of one reason.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 12:03:37 PM
I merely expect the forum to be a safe place, and given the amount of news and other coverage about online abuse I have to wonder why it has missed the mods notice.

Perhaps if you didn't run around with a target on your head you would have a different experience !
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 15, 2021, 11:58:27 AM
Tarn was never banned it was an error admin sent out.
Smurfy you are here by the grace of Nick,Barry and I do our best to make sure everyone gets a fair shout,but I and don't expect Barry are that bothered what you think of us.

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on September 15, 2021, 11:58:27 AM
Smurfy you are here by the grace of Nick,Barry and I do our best to make sure everyone gets a fair shout,but I and don't expect Barry are that bothered what you think of us.
Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification.

I would just like to say that although I have clashed with both you and Barry in various debates because on some issues in your case and most issues in Barry's we tend to disagree. But I respect you both as mods.

Apologies if I have ever crossed the line and become too personal in any way.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on September 15, 2021, 11:47:04 AM
I saw a thread earlier where someone called Tarn was wondering why his ban had been rescinded, having been banned for constantly reporting abuse instead of using the ignore function. Yet I was advised against using the ignore button by one mod. I am wondering if the mods would prefer us to put insulters, character assassinators, defamers, and name callers on ignore rather than have to do anything about them themselves.

So if any of the usual suspects decides to knuckle drag themselves into their chosen school playground once more and express their inner 10 year old, am uncertain about whether to report them or just put them on ignore. Doing the latter is a problem because some of them can be adults at other times, and be entertaining and/or make interesting points.

I am expecting some inbound playground rubbish directed at me before too long.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 15, 2021, 11:47:04 AM
I am wondering if the mods would prefer us to put insulters, character assassinators, defamers, and name callers on ignore rather than have to do anything about them themselves.

If I did that, I would have most of the forum on ignore.
The Mods should be doing something about the insulters, character assassinators, defamers, and name callers , and making the forum a safe place.