The reshuffle begins!

Started by T00ts, September 15, 2021, 01:05:20 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on September 15, 2021, 04:59:14 PM
Liz Truss gets the Foreign Office! Gove = housing and levelling up whatever that really is. He is also something to do with Scotland and their wish to separate.
Well they better get what levelling up is otherwise the newly won red wall seats will be quickly lost.

The perception that those thick northerners don't really count will reveal they do and are far from thick.

Would that mean the red wall rebuilt? well not with Starmers disdain for the non metropolitans who voted brexit.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: srb7677 on September 15, 2021, 11:21:59 PM
It was right that Williamson went and Raab got demoted. But Gove at housing? And Lizz Truss replacing Raab?

Still, what else could be hoped for when they only had Tories to choose from? Most of the most principled ones have left.

In terms of shoring up competence, it is no better than replacing Frank Spencer with the Chuckle Brothers.
I certainly agree with you from what I've seen so far. 
Liz Truss principally brings to mind her cheese speech and pork markets remark — neither likely to make her foreign dealings easy. 
I guess the only consoling thought about this whole Johnson administration is that at least they're not LibDems or (shudder) Labour... 

PS — I've just seen the independent — great minds, or fools?:   
https://www.indy100.com/politics/liz-truss-pork-markets-speech-b1920795
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

It was right that Williamson went and Raab got demoted. But Gove at housing? And Lizz Truss replacing Raab?

Still, what else could be hoped for when they only had Tories to choose from? Most of the most principled ones have left.

In terms of shoring up competence, it is no better than replacing Frank Spencer with the Chuckle Brothers.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on September 15, 2021, 10:50:06 PM
I doubt the Tories are going to give Boris the boot. He may have taken a bit of a hiding lately, but he is still the grassroots favourite.

And who wants poor, silly Sir Keir?
Bliarites? :)
Seriously though a week is a long time in politics and I'm not so sure as you of Boris's longevity.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on September 15, 2021, 06:20:07 PM
Not yet perhaps but there will be another couple of days. I am hopeful there will be new capable faces otherwise he will have missed perhaps his only opportunity to save his position.

I doubt the Tories are going to give Boris the boot. He may have taken a bit of a hiding lately, but he is still the grassroots favourite.

And who wants poor, silly Sir Keir?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 15, 2021, 06:18:12 PM
(mostly) same faces, slightly different shit

Can't see anything to get excited about

Not yet perhaps but there will be another couple of days. I am hopeful there will be new capable faces otherwise he will have missed perhaps his only opportunity to save his position.

johnofgwent

(mostly) same faces, slightly different shit

Can't see anything to get excited about
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 15, 2021, 06:05:44 PM
It could be a mistake to leave Priti where she is.

It was mistake to ever have Priti Patel in government.

T00ts

It could be a mistake to leave Priti where she is.

papasmurf

I wonder who will be taking over Gove's propaganda department.

T00ts

Liz Truss gets the Foreign Office! Gove = housing and levelling up whatever that really is. He is also something to do with Scotland and their wish to separate.

Thomas

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on September 15, 2021, 03:15:19 PM
One thing I don't understand is why Mark Francois and Bill Cash aren't given senior positions in government. Surely, if we're judging by pure ability, those two should hold premier positions.

:D

Stope it!
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

A waste of time shuffling when there are only jokers in the pack.

Sheepy

I am enjoying the pure panic. All in goodtime.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!