Chris Whitty on those 'peddling untruths' on Covid vaccines

Started by GBNews, September 15, 2021, 07:00:02 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 16, 2021, 09:55:37 AM

The reality here is easily measured.

Back in the 70s panorama hosted a debate between Roy Jenkins and Tony Benn over Europe. It's on YouTube and should be held up as how to go about this

Two men, two cameras, one (female) chairman, and about an hour of reasoned statements, each man letting the other have their say then responding to it.

I'm sure each man knew what the other was going to say. I doubt anything they said had not been said already

But there was an element of civility missing today.

Today the equivalent programme focusses on the politics of the bear pit and the rant of the XR cult

You'll never get a factual argument in that

Oh gosh yes. I miss so much the real ability to discuss without the point scoring, interruptions and bad temper that so often seem to dominate so called TV debates or even what should be calm factual interviews. Journalists are now so combative and hostile no matter the subject and seem to try to make the interviewee follow their own agenda rather than attempt clarity of opinion for those watching.

T00ts

Was anyone under the illusion that it was a magic bullet? Surely we knew from the beginning that it was not 100% and since then Delta variant put paid to it. Are they still developing it against Delta or have they gone as far as they can so the 80% if we are lucky, will be it?

All I understood was that the hope was that it would reduce deaths amongst the old and most vulnerable. That seems to have happened. Perhaps it was too much to hope that they could produce the definitive cure/deterrent in the time that they produced these vaccines. They started this with the plan to get herd immunity thinking that they could control the spread. When they couldn't they panicked. Even now they seem to be worrying for the lack of facilities to cope as it spreads through the unvaccinated. I suspect they are hoping that most of the young will be able to survive it. It remains to be seen how Covid survivors are affected in the coming years.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on September 15, 2021, 08:44:41 PM
I wish it was easier to split the wheat from the chaff when it comes to information. I'm sure we'd all be happier.

The reality here is easily measured.

Back in the 70s panorama hosted a debate between Roy Jenkins and Tony Benn over Europe. It's on YouTube and should be held up as how to go about this

Two men, two cameras, one (female) chairman, and about an hour of reasoned statements, each man letting the other have their say then responding to it.

I'm sure each man knew what the other was going to say. I doubt anything they said had not been said already

But there was an element of civility missing today.

Today the equivalent programme focusses on the politics of the bear pit and the rant of the XR cult

You'll never get a factual argument in that
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 07:36:53 PM
Good for him, I think such people should be jailed.

I think we should start with jailing him for peddling the untruth that the vaccine is a magic bullet.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 15, 2021, 08:02:24 PM

Why shouldn't we jail people who planned to assassinate a prime minister or have a long list of people they'd like to kill?

Because you would end up jailing more people than you realise.
Those in authority know my position and the threat  politicians and government ministers have caused to be aimed at  themselves by their actions, policies, statements, and verbal attacks on sectors of society they think cannot fight back.
That many of them have to have armed protection whenever they venture out in public is a situation of their own making, and nothing to do with any actions or comments  on my part.
The recent abandoning of Afghanistan has made the situation a lot worse.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on September 15, 2021, 10:41:12 PM

TBH I avoid doctors when ever possible,not because I don't trust them but am like a dog if I'm dying I want to go in a corner and be on my own. ;)

Christ, ain't that the truth. Whenever I hear of someone dying with his or her family around them, my first thought is could they not leave the poor sod alone to just get on with it?
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on September 15, 2021, 09:32:14 PM
Dancing Dancing Of course, that's just silly. But I do get concerned when there are different scientific opinions where medicine is concerned. Not the obvious stuff like your examples. I have so little faith in the NHS that I do question their decisions. The Govs first duty is to protect it's citizens I'm not sure that the NHS leaders feel the same.
well with medicine there's a long tradition of getting a second opinion.

TBH I avoid doctors when ever possible,not because I don't trust them but am like a dog if I'm dying I want to go in a corner and be on my own. ;)

I guess the greatest concern for me aren't the medics but the sheer size of the bureaucracy.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on September 15, 2021, 07:41:02 PM

People should be adult enough to take a range of views

Pappy is only in his 70s so there is still time.

I have been taking a ghoulish interest in the fatality rates and despite nigh everyone having had the jab, we appear to be well into the third wave.  So I don't know what these untruths Chris Whitty is on about, but it does look as though on the vaccines are a load of crap. Or maybe that was what was being injected  :)
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on September 15, 2021, 08:50:15 PM
Well aren't you savvy enough to know that phone masts didn't cause covid,the twin towers weren't collapsed in an insurance scam,coved vaccinations aren't magnetic.

Sorry T00ts but it's not often hard.

Dancing Dancing Of course, that's just silly. But I do get concerned when there are different scientific opinions where medicine is concerned. Not the obvious stuff like your examples. I have so little faith in the NHS that I do question their decisions. The Govs first duty is to protect it's citizens I'm not sure that the NHS leaders feel the same.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on September 15, 2021, 08:44:41 PM
I wish it was easier to split the wheat from the chaff when it comes to information. I'm sure we'd all be happier.
Well aren't you savvy enough to know that phone masts didn't cause covid,the twin towers weren't collapsed in an insurance scam,coved vaccinations aren't magnetic.

Sorry T00ts but it's not often hard.

T00ts

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 07:51:44 PM
Whitty was not commenting about politicians he was commenting about Nicki Minaj lies about Covid vaccinations.
Irrelevant,you said they peddle lies and should be jailed I pointed out most people
lie at some time or other.

I and most people make decisions after looking at relevant info.

Why shouldn't we jail people who planned to assassinate a prime minister or have a long list of people they'd like to kill?

See where this is going?

Maybe because as a society we make allowances perhaps.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 15, 2021, 07:47:03 PM
Politicians all lie some time or other,going to jail them?
Journalists? Posters on here,in fact most of the human race.

Jails full elsewhere empty.

Whitty was not commenting about politicians he was commenting about Nicki Minaj lies about Covid vaccinations.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2021, 07:43:06 PM
It is the lies they peddle that is the problem, they need gagging one way or another.
Politicians all lie some time or other,going to jail them?
Journalists? Posters on here,in fact most of the human race.

Jails full elsewhere empty.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 15, 2021, 07:41:02 PM
No they shouldn't, there's plenty I disagree with......however free speech should prevail.

People should be adult enough to take a range of views and decide themselves.

It is the lies they peddle that is the problem, they need gagging one way or another.