Main Menu

Aukus

Started by Nick, September 16, 2021, 01:56:27 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 21, 2021, 06:29:18 PM
Most of those agreements have zero meat on them.

Is that it? Most have no meat lol

Apart from the fact you were jumping up and down a few posts ago about killing our farmers, there is plenty of meat on there.

Australia
New Zealand
USA
Japan (Wagyu, best in the world bar maybe Argentinian)

How much meat do you want?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 06:01:16 PM
Don't think so, you've posted your usual one liner, which has zero meat on it. I'm just happy to watch you flap around desperately trying to come up with something.

Most of those agreements have zero meat on them.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 21, 2021, 05:50:05 PM
I suggest delving deeper into those trade agreements. (Frankly some of them are laughable.)

Don't think so, you've posted your usual one liner, which has zero meat on it. I'm just happy to watch you flap around desperately trying to come up with something.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 05:48:38 PM
Nope, just checked and I still have 10 toes. I'm sure you will point it out though!

I suggest delving deeper into those trade agreements. (Frankly some of them are laughable.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 21, 2021, 03:40:34 PM
I suggest you read through that link in depth and detail, you appear to have shot yourself in the foot.

Nope, just checked and I still have 10 toes. I'm sure you will point it out though!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 03:24:06 PM
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-trade-agreements-with-non-eu-countries

I suggest you read through that link in depth and detail, you appear to have shot yourself in the foot.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on September 21, 2021, 03:19:33 PM
Be fair, 40 years ago the UK had already been in the EEC for eight years, and was getting over being the sick man of Europe with miners' strikes, power cuts and the three-day week not long gone, and steel strikes still happening, inflation at 16%, British Leyland failing and its workers out again, and Thatcher had yet to tame trade union excesses. 

Would you really want to go back...? 

PS — Agreements with the following countries and trading blocs took effect from 1 January 2021. Where the agreement has not yet been ratified, provisional application or bridging mechanisms have been put in place to ensure continuity of trade.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-trade-agreements-with-non-eu-countries#history 

When looking through these, there's plenty of projected deals, but firm billions...?

Maggie took care of the unions, today they haven't the strength to fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Nick

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 12:34:53 PM
They're worth billions. You do know we used to cope perfectly well 40 years ago without the EU? NZ lamb was imported into the U.K. in truck loads, farmers were ok then. You've been brainwashed by the Europhiles.
Be fair, 40 years ago the UK had already been in the EEC for eight years, and was getting over being the sick man of Europe with miners' strikes, power cuts and the three-day week not long gone, and steel strikes still happening, inflation at 16%, British Leyland failing and its workers out again, and Thatcher had yet to tame trade union excesses. 

Would you really want to go back...? 

PS — Agreements with the following countries and trading blocs took effect from 1 January 2021. Where the agreement has not yet been ratified, provisional application or bridging mechanisms have been put in place to ensure continuity of trade.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-trade-agreements-with-non-eu-countries#history 

When looking through these, there's plenty of projected deals, but firm billions...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 12:34:53 PM
They're worth billions.

Really?  What is your source for this information please?

GerryT

Quote from: papasmurf on September 21, 2021, 12:23:02 PM
Really?  Have you taken a close look at them?  How little they are worth and British and business/farming screwed in the process.
I was interested in this myself, maybe Nick can furnish some detail of the trade deals the UK has struck, the ones that would change what the evil EU had brokered and how the UK would make new deals that are tailor made for the UK's specific market.

But the UK is in a trade agreement with the EU, this is causing all sorts of problems, problems the UK will be working on for years to resolve. That trade deal and the one's the UK has remove tariffs either fully or partially. There are far more trade related problems that can cost more than tariffs, these non tariff barriers exist, customs inspections & delays, vat issues, manufacturing standards, vet inspections, dispute resolution and which legal authority takes precedence etc etc etc

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 21, 2021, 12:23:02 PM
Really?  Have you taken a close look at them?  How little they are worth and British and business/farming screwed in the process.

They're worth billions. You do know we used to cope perfectly well 40 years ago without the EU? NZ lamb was imported into the U.K. in truck loads, farmers were ok then. You've been brainwashed by the Europhiles.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 12:20:39 PM
What you talking about? The U.K. has more individual trade deals than the EU.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 21, 2021, 10:29:51 AM
Why hasn't Britain done so then? The "Oven Ready Deals," turned out to be a lie.
The few deals that have been done don't inspire me with any confidence at all.

What you talking about? The U.K. has more individual trade deals than the EU.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 09:33:37 AM
Anyone get the feeling the EU are starting to believe their own press?
Strikes me they are turning inwards and becoming insular rather than forward facing.

The U.K. can do 60 deals in the time Macron has been to the bathroom and washed his hands.
What value of your exports pre brexit are now covered post brexit in a trade deal, that is at minimum better than. Those 60 deals, what value are they. If all the UK does is roll over some deals do you see that as the great Brexit victory. I though the plan was to change the deals and have them tailored to suit the new nimble UK.