Main Menu

Aukus

Started by Nick, September 16, 2021, 01:56:27 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 16, 2021, 03:09:58 PM
Britain did that before Brexit.
That is an out and out lie.

The EU kept details of how compliant EU states were to various EU rules, laws and regulations, and the UK was always close to the top in compliance. The Mediterranean coast nations were some of the worst.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2021, 02:21:03 PM
You have that backward, the UK is the USA sock puppet. Their just waiting to buy up your industry and NHS, rape and pillage.  In the real world the EU is backing Ireland, our goal has always been to have no border in Ireland and guess what, no border in Ireland. You think IRL is the sock puppet when your glorious leader put a feckin border down the middle of the UK. Has any country ever done that without force. Without the EU the UK would have run rough-shot over IRL, like the good old days. Your comical Nick.

By the way, where's that proof your were digging out that Germany rules the EU. Nothing from you as yet, unless we look in the conspiracy theory bag. No proof, and you keep up the assertion. And you have the cheek to slag people on this forum, ironic.
Do they have any schools out your way, Gerry?
Pop into any of them and ask them to explain there, their and they're and your yours and you're.

Then you might be able to teach Brexiteers something, without looking silly.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on September 16, 2021, 02:47:37 PM
Well normally I'd say we should tell the yanks to sod off after the Afghan debacle but Gerry thinks we're wrong so it must be right. :)

But then who would we rather sidekick with on a venture like this? The EU? These subs will be built and in service before the EU plucked up enough courage and managed to persuade Germany to fund it. I do hate committees!  Dancing 
The US has obviously decided that terrorists are less of a worry than China who have been quietly buying up worldwide resources and got their fingers into utilities. Although China can muster some pretty sinister bodies too. Australia will prove a good setting off point and have enough coastline to be useful. We have the knowledge although I suppose we have to let the Americans think they can help.  :D We will have something for those clever clogs in this country to get their teeth into. I think it's a win win situation and will cause China to draw a small breath where they have been totally unopposed for too long.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2021, 02:53:53 PM
I've given you plenty of examples of where Germany does what it wants with no regard for what the EU states want.

Britain did that before Brexit.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2021, 02:21:03 PMBy the way, where's that proof your were digging out that Germany rules the EU. Nothing from you as yet

I've given you plenty of examples of where Germany does what it wants with no regard for what the EU states want.

In fact, why am I bothering? You're so far up the EU's arse you won't accept anything.

As for me slagging off everyone on here? Another one of your fantasies.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Well normally I'd say we should tell the yanks to sod off after the Afghan debacle but Gerry thinks we're wrong so it must be right. :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

It seems the flak has started. China is upset that this combination might stop their grab of territory and are threatening a sojourn in Hawaiian waters. Canada - I'm not sure why they are cross but like France possibly feel they have lost out financially. New Zealand is cross because they don't want anything nuclear near them. Taiwan and Japan are out celebrating that someone is trying to curb China who let's face it have rather sneakily been looking to world domination for decades.

Let's hope we're not to late to spoil China's party.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2021, 01:24:40 PM
😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Coming from an Irishman 😂, a country that has the role of the biggest sock puppet in the world. The difference is Gerry, the U.K. gets invited and involved in matters due to our place in the world, Ireland is being used by the EU as a tool to beat the U.K.
You have that backward, the UK is the USA sock puppet. Their just waiting to buy up your industry and NHS, rape and pillage.  In the real world the EU is backing Ireland, our goal has always been to have no border in Ireland and guess what, no border in Ireland. You think IRL is the sock puppet when your glorious leader put a feckin border down the middle of the UK. Has any country ever done that without force. Without the EU the UK would have run rough-shot over IRL, like the good old days. Your comical Nick.

By the way, where's that proof your were digging out that Germany rules the EU. Nothing from you as yet, unless we look in the conspiracy theory bag. No proof, and you keep up the assertion. And you have the cheek to slag people on this forum, ironic.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2021, 12:40:27 PMThe USA likes its minions, the UK held this spot for decades, looking like a new recruit for the USA.

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Coming from an Irishman 😂, a country that has the role of the biggest sock puppet in the world. The difference is Gerry, the U.K. gets invited and involved in matters due to our place in the world, Ireland is being used by the EU as a tool to beat the U.K. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: papasmurf on September 16, 2021, 12:11:25 PM
I suspect it is a precursor for a nuclear submarine maintenance facility in Australia for all three nations.
The USA likes its minions, the UK held this spot for decades, looking like a new recruit for the USA. The power balance seems very lob sided. What interests does the UK (small island off the coast of Europe) have in indo-China. Dont you have bigger worries back home, 100,000 truck drivers to get food on your table. 1m vacancies driving inflation while food rots in fields. But at least there's a focus on the other side of the planet ?

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 16, 2021, 12:05:41 PM

This seems a substantial about face for a country that won't even allow nuclear power stations...

I suspect it is a precursor for a nuclear submarine maintenance facility in Australia for all three nations.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2021, 01:56:27 AM
Looks like the EU is being ditched.
Never mind, I'm sure the French don't really care.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-58564837
The most significant part of this to me is Australia's apparent conversion to nuclear.   
Although no nuclear weapons will supposedly equip the new Aussi subs, it looks likely Australian ports will occasionally have to host partner nation vessels. 
This seems a substantial about face for a country that won't even allow nuclear power stations. 

However, Australia is reputed to have about one-third of the world's uranium in its ground, so perhaps it might become the most substantial winner out of this...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on September 16, 2021, 09:25:51 AM
The thread title makes me think Wales has a big part to play...

"Confused of Newport here ?.... Huh ???

I haven't been asked to do the autopilots for them (yet) btw....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

The thread title makes me think Wales has a big part to play...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Read the article and you'll find the French are being ditched from a contract to build diesel electric submarines because the Australians are now going to be given US tech to build conventionally armed nuclear powered ones. It also seems France was dragging its heels over Australian demands materials be locally sourced.

I did find the Chinese whinge that this is a resurrection of cold war mentality amusing, but then I've seen the effect on a firewall of allowing a Chinese politician's iPhone access to your WiFi.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>