Main Menu

Aukus

Started by Nick, September 16, 2021, 01:56:27 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2021, 07:18:20 PM
That is not the company that went bust, which produced bivalve molluscs , the company in your link sells them it does produce them.
That was an easy twice today Smurphy, maybe you should learn something from it, like because someone chooses not to laugh at you it doesn't mean they are incapable of it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 07:03:17 PM
No never Paps.

https://cornishshellfish.com/

😳

That is not the company that went bust, which produced bivalve molluscs , the company in your link sells them it does produce them.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 02:18:44 PM
I mentioned shellfish and Crab. I bought mussels whilst in Cornwall and there are umpteen sellers on line. And no, I'm not saying things have changed, I'm arguing Smurfs point that it is dead, which it's not. His penchant for dramatising everything does him no favours.

Nick, what bit of pre Brexit 95% of Cornish bivalve molluscs were exported don't you understand. That 95% has now gone finished. Most of the producers have gone they could not survive a 95% cut in trade.
It that just too difficult for you to understand.
You can post up as many suppliers as you like. Your links don't show where they are getting their stocks.

I also cannot buy mussels where I live, what bit of that don't you understand?

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on September 18, 2021, 09:49:19 AM
He said wher he lived its dead, do you know exactly where he lives, is that company you quote located there and how do you know that co isnt about to close or for that matter its stopped trading but its site is still up.

It never had a website.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 02:18:44 PMI mentioned shellfish and Crab. I bought mussels whilst in Cornwall and there are umpteen sellers on line. And no, I'm not saying things have changed, I'm arguing Smurfs point that it is dead, which it's not. His penchant for dramatising everything does him no favours.
He said a very specific segment of that market, bivalve mollusc was dead. This site is full of characters with colourful language, where that industry rlied on the EU markets as UK people in general don't purchase that product. When the UK aren't shipping to the EU anymore then that industry could be described as dead, unless a new market is found. Freeze the product and sell it much cheaper elsewhere  ?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 01:40:15 PM
"Dead" may have been a poor choice of word but it was about bivalve mollusc, your talking about crab.

but are you suggesting that there isn't an issue, because there's a lot of people, fishermen mostly that are very upset with what brexit brought. Some have folded and many others are just surviving, are you suggesting that there's nothing wrong.

"With UK mussel producers starved of income and European consumers denied a product, the EU has reiterated that its ban on shellfish imports from the UK is permanent. The stalemate benefits no one."
https://www.foodnavigator.com/Article/2021/07/16/Time-to-end-this-shellfish-stand-off#

I mentioned shellfish and Crab. I bought mussels whilst in Cornwall and there are umpteen sellers on line. And no, I'm not saying things have changed, I'm arguing Smurfs point that it is dead, which it's not. His penchant for dramatising everything does him no favours.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 12:43:42 PM
You really should not support Smurfs doom and gloom outlook, especially in the face of so much evidence to disprove it.

I was there a few weeks ago and purchase fresh Cornish shellfish from Tesco.
I took my boat out from Falmouth and bought Crab of the local fisherman, directly off his boat.
There is a list of outlets still trading on the internet.

So that's that put to bed once and for all.
"Dead" may have been a poor choice of word but it was about bivalve mollusc, your talking about crab.

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2021, 01:33:07 PMLocally the bivalve mollusc industry is dead

but are you suggesting that there isn't an issue, because there's a lot of people, fishermen mostly that are very upset with what brexit brought. Some have folded and many others are just surviving, are you suggesting that there's nothing wrong.

"With UK mussel producers starved of income and European consumers denied a product, the EU has reiterated that its ban on shellfish imports from the UK is permanent. The stalemate benefits no one."
https://www.foodnavigator.com/Article/2021/07/16/Time-to-end-this-shellfish-stand-off#

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 17, 2021, 07:54:43 PM

I haven't cherry picked anything. You said the industry was DEAD,

Locally the bivalve mollusc industry is dead, shut down and finished in early January this year.  Boats sold, staff out of a job. When 95% was export which has now gone, the 5% left meant it was not sustainable..
(Just what is so difficult for you to understand about that?)
Personally I think you are being perverse for the sake of it.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 18, 2021, 09:49:19 AM
He said wher he lived its dead, do you know exactly where he lives, is that company you quote located there and how do you know that co isnt about to close or for that matter its stopped trading but its site is still up.

You really should not support Smurfs doom and gloom outlook, especially in the face of so much evidence to disprove it.

I was there a few weeks ago and purchase fresh Cornish shellfish from Tesco.
I took my boat out from Falmouth and bought Crab of the local fisherman, directly off his boat.
There is a list of outlets still trading on the internet.

So that's that put to bed once and for all.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 19, 2021, 08:25:29 AM
If only they'd barred brussels sprouts, I'd have emigrated to Israel by now.

I love Brussel Sprouts, including cold in a sandwich for breakfast.

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on September 17, 2021, 05:43:05 PM
Well a lot of molluscs like crustaceans are filter feeders,I love shellfish but haven't eaten it for years.

I got food poisoning at a fancy venue from shellfish and thought I was about to die.

I understand why it was barred by the jewish religion.
If only they'd barred brussels sprouts, I'd have emigrated to Israel by now.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 18, 2021, 09:49:19 AMHe said wher he lived its dead, do you know exactly where he lives,

Yes I do.