Main Menu

M25 - Why?

Started by T00ts, September 16, 2021, 09:04:20 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2021, 12:02:50 AM
In a few years time (around 15) when the global temperature starts to fall, due to the Maunder minimum, we will head towards a mini ice age.
We will see who is in the know then.
So you think you know more than the vast majority of the scientific community? On what basis of knowledge can you make such an extraordinary claim? And do you think most scientists are simply wrong and you are right? Or do you hold some sort of conspiracy theory by which you believe global scientists are actively lying to us? And what motives do you suppose they might have for doing so?

Because cyclic climatic fluctuations of a kind that you are holding forth are occurring against a background of rising global temperatures overall that has been occurring over a long period. And the measured CO2 in the atmosphere - known to be a greenhouse gas - has increased markedly. The extent and duration of this increase cannot be explained by natural processes, but is a demonstrable by-product of human activity. On what basis do you deny this reality? Wishful thinking?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on September 27, 2021, 11:01:37 PM
That's because as a term it was recognised to be too simplistic and far too easily misunderstood, and thus more prone to misuse by denialists.

Whilst average global temperatures are rising, this is causing increased climatic instability, meaning that sometimes in some places the weather can be colder or wetter.

One obvious potential threat where this could occur includes us. For example the Atlantic conveyor belt by which warm tropical water flows north via the gulf stream before sinking and flowing back south deep in the ocean is slowing down due to the effects of increased heating. If this slowing surpasses a critical point and the gulf stream ceases to bring us warmer waters, our climate could get a lot colder as a result of average rises in global temperature. Because of such potential anomolies that deniers would pounce upon as supposed evidence against the scientists, those in the know prefer to refer to climate change rather than global warming.

But of course denialist conspiracy theorists will think that is evidence of some sort of conspiracy to sell us a pack of lies for whatever reasons and motives they choose to imagine.

In a few years time (around 15) when the global temperature starts to fall, due to the Maunder minimum, we will head towards a mini ice age.
We will see who is in the know then.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 27, 2021, 11:01:37 PMthose in the know
Sounds interesting SRB so we had better get ahead of the game before those in the know bring it all down around their own ears.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on September 27, 2021, 10:15:23 PM
Not sure anyone is denying climate change. Funny how they dropped the term Global Warming overnight.
That's because as a term it was recognised to be too simplistic and far too easily misunderstood, and thus more prone to misuse by denialists.

Whilst average global temperatures are rising, this is causing increased climatic instability, meaning that sometimes in some places the weather can be colder or wetter.

One obvious potential threat where this could occur includes us. For example the Atlantic conveyor belt by which warm tropical water flows north via the gulf stream before sinking and flowing back south deep in the ocean is slowing down due to the effects of increased heating. If this slowing surpasses a critical point and the gulf stream ceases to bring us warmer waters, our climate could get a lot colder as a result of average rises in global temperature. Because of such potential anomolies that deniers would pounce upon as supposed evidence against the scientists, those in the know prefer to refer to climate change rather than global warming.

But of course denialist conspiracy theorists will think that is evidence of some sort of conspiracy to sell us a pack of lies for whatever reasons and motives they choose to imagine.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 25, 2021, 09:47:27 AMA climate change denier

Not sure anyone is denying climate change. Funny how they dropped the term Global Warming overnight.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on September 25, 2021, 05:24:00 PM
Mod Notice
several posts unapproved,this is not about allegations and unlikely to be locked and not up for another being ruined.
Very last chance papasmurf take heed or your posts will be moderated before they appear.
As I said earlier
Quote from: Barry on September 25, 2021, 09:04:46 AMModerator Notice
Now let it go. No more off topic posts or action will be taken.
I've deleted the posts Cromwell unapproved.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Mod Notice
several posts unapproved,this is not about allegations and unlikely to be locked and not up for another being ruined.
Very last chance papasmurf take heed or your posts will be moderated before they appear.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 25, 2021, 05:13:30 PM
If people stopped lying about me and being nasty I would not need to respond.
That is down to them not me.

This thread is about the m25 protests , do you want to talk about it or not?

If not , then feck off and start your own thread about allegations of people lieing about you , and provide proof of what you are bleating about.

Over and out.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

:D

Here we go again with the legal threats.

Did you learn nothing from  one of your previous bans when doing the same thing?

Very few if anyone lies about you , and the odd time they do it is done purely to poke fun at you.Most of what is said is people merely repeating things you previously stated on this forum , then you subsequently denied stating when it suited , as your previous spat with nick over"you hiding under you bed" showed regarding covid , where john of gwent quoted the offending post.

Even patman , who is about as funny as a hole in the heart , is taking the piss now such is your ridicule on this forum.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 24, 2021, 08:23:37 PM
Can't  afford to insulate his loft?  It did not cost much for me to add another 100mm layer of insulation to my loft, on top of what was already there.
Rumour has it you've spent most of the last 18 months under your duvet — did you really need to add to the existing loft insulation, and were you aware of any difference...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on September 24, 2021, 07:34:31 PM
The problem is that although it's making the news, media and public discussion is about the protest and not the subject of their protest. It seems from most comments I've seen and heard, the public has no sympathy with the demonstrators and just wants them cleared out of the way...
As it hasn't actually dawned on any of you sheeps yet, it isn't the people who follow the crisis and panic, it is the people who are constantly engineering them. Those are the people you should really be concerned about.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Mr Norton is perfectly entitled to air his views but not entitled to stop everyone else going about their business.

Perhaps if he did a few more hours as an electrician he could afford to insulate his own home.

Those labelled climate change deniers are also entitled to air their views though I don't  remember them inconveniencing everyone else whilst doing so.

A climate change denier.......sounds like a godless creature because that's what climate change is the new religion.
Perhaps like the old times such non believers should be burnt at the stake.....hmmm no cause too much CO2 :P I suspect most deniers accept the climate is changing just like it always has.
Had this argument on the old forum with olde europe,he was a climate change fanatic  always whingeing we weren't doing enough here so I asked him when he planned on invading China.
What,well our contribution to your perceived problem was naught compared to what they were doing,he spluttered that they were coming on board.....yeah right.
Anyway we have to do something  he went on because we'll destroy the planet.

We wont though we'll destroy ourselves because there's too many of us but earth will be fine,the moon will go round the earth and the Earth the sun and like even worse past catastrophes the earth and life on it will remain.

And eventually another dominant species will emerge,he didn't like the analogy and maintained the planet would become a barren rock forever and that mindset comes with the self importance of humanity.

Some find it all guided by a religious force I call it nature which will have the last laugh on the hubris of humanity

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 24, 2021, 12:44:14 PM
The numpty that is representing Insulate Britain actually admitted he couldn't afford to insulate his loft, just before he spat his dummy out. 😂

Can't  afford to insulate his loft?  It did not cost much for me to add another 100mm layer of insulation to my loft, on top of what was already there.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

The problem is that although it's making the news, media and public discussion is about the protest and not the subject of their protest. It seems from most comments I've seen and heard, the public has no sympathy with the demonstrators and just wants them cleared out of the way...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

The numpty that is representing Insulate Britain actually admitted he couldn't afford to insulate his loft, just before he spat his dummy out. 😂

https://youtu.be/4zpTIrx6uAA