Main Menu

M25 - Why?

Started by T00ts, September 16, 2021, 09:04:20 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on September 30, 2021, 05:18:51 PM
The clever bit — smugness here — is double checking before posting when accusing someone of a lack (or failing), innit...?
I wouldn't be so smug, it proves my point, even the brightest people on the planet have their faults and don't know everything. They can also be open to manipulation just ask the CIA. I might go as far as say, those who think they are experts in one subject without a broader outlook can be more so. Which by the way, there really is tons of evidence for, they were called whistle blowers? Or were the whistle blowers just scared for the rest of humanity?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

The clever bit — smugness here — is double checking before posting when accusing someone of a lack (or failing), innit...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: patman post on September 30, 2021, 03:25:54 PM
Is she the only one? Looks odd shooting even shooting the messenger with suspect ammunition...
Well, aint u so clevva knowing the diffrunce betin too, 2 and to.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Barry on September 30, 2021, 03:06:02 PM
Blah blah bleedin blah, apparently. She hasn't got a clue, left school to early, she's a puppet.
Is she the only one? Looks odd shooting even shooting the messenger with suspect ammunition...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on September 30, 2021, 01:22:59 PM
Well obviously, not, I am awaiting saint Greta and her disciples to bring it all in.
Blah blah bleedin blah, apparently. She hasn't got a clue, left school to early, she's a puppet.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on September 30, 2021, 12:21:33 PM
I'm all for greener environmental policy and some green political activism is good - but anyone who superglues their hand to a motorway because they're worried their neighbour's loft insulation might not be thick enough should be dealt with under the Mental Health Act.

https://youtu.be/k5fQ01ZKAnM
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 30, 2021, 01:14:54 PM
You clearly don't, that's for sure.
Well obviously, not, I am awaiting saint Greta and her disciples to bring it all in.

Sheepy

Anyway, before it turns into a left right bun fight, I will stick with what I do anyway, look after my own local eco system the best way I can. Seems actually practical and sensible.

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on September 30, 2021, 01:10:49 PM
I know you don't actually have a clue.
You clearly don't, that's for sure.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on September 30, 2021, 01:03:51 PM
So you haven't met any of my friends in the Tower Hamlets Labour party?
I would not have thought that you had any friends in the Labour Party.

I know quite a few party members online who could be anywhere, but insofar as I know none of them are from Tower Hamlets.I have never encountered a bona fide anti-semite anywhere in the party though, which is why I and so many others amongst us believed the extent of anti-semitism in our midst was grossly exaggerated. I very rarely met anyone in the party who had ever claimed to have seen and heard an example of it, though there were a few right wingers calling anyone who criticised Israel an anti-semite.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 30, 2021, 01:05:58 PM
Like many a government before, theirs is putting short term economic advance ahead of the long term future of the planet. China is a big problem here, since the views of it's own people can be ignored by it's government.

That is not an excuse for the rest of us to do bugger all. Instead insofar as China is concerned we need to think of intelligent ways to encourage them to do the right thing, perhaps using increases or decreases in sector by secor tariffs to encourage them developing in a greener direction in more sectors of their economy. But how to influence China and others to do what is needed is something world leaders need to spend a lot of time thinking about.
You will be needing more missionaries then, I know you don't actually have a clue.

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on September 30, 2021, 12:53:54 PM
Nobody as far as I know says you cannot pray to Climate change, all that is happening is people are trying to give you a view of the bigger picture, the Chinese for example are much harder to convince, which it seems they are deniers.
Like many a government before, theirs is putting short term economic advance ahead of the long term future of the planet. China is a big problem here, since the views of it's own people can be ignored by it's government.

That is not an excuse for the rest of us to do bugger all. Instead insofar as China is concerned we need to think of intelligent ways to encourage them to do the right thing, perhaps using increases or decreases in sector by secor tariffs to encourage them developing in a greener direction in more sectors of their economy. But how to influence China and others to do what is needed is something world leaders need to spend a lot of time thinking about.

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on September 30, 2021, 11:31:03 AM
And no one in the Labour party believes Jews are poisoning wells

So you haven't met any of my friends in the Tower Hamlets Labour party?
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 30, 2021, 12:59:23 PMwin any converts
Cromwell has cottoned on and Barry won't be far behind.

srb7677

Quote from: HDQQ on September 30, 2021, 12:21:33 PM
I'm all for greener environmental policy and some green political activism is good - but anyone who superglues their hand to a motorway because they're worried their neighbour's loft insulation might not be thick enough should be dealt with under the Mental Health Act.
Yes, such people are idiots. And they somehow seem unable to grasp the quite obvious fact that by annoying the hell oout of everybody and giving everyone who encounters them a really crap day, they are not going to win any converts. Quite the opposite. They are far more likely to cause those who might have been open to persuasion to dig their heels in instead. Insofar as making friends and influencing people is concerned, they are about as effective as an authoritarian in a hippy commune.