Biden shuns EU with Asia-Pacific power play

Started by Borchester, September 16, 2021, 11:19:26 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/australia-could-be-nuclear-war-target-in-new-aukus-defence-pact-warns-furious-china/ar-AAOwEmj?ocid=msedgntp
Now tell me what are the Chinese moaning about? that is politics for you, everything doesn't necessarily go your way. Sure, the Aussies could be lumbered with an ineffectual force but then again maybe they think not.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 05:44:15 PMbut I bet he slept well at night
Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 05:44:15 PM
Not occupied by German troops. A breading ground for the French resistance. All of France was occupied by 1942, not all of France was occupied in 1940. 

But it's good of you to try move away from the actual point. The French in north Africa had control of those ships when the UK decided, without any warning, that they were going to sink them with everyone on board. You were trying to make out that those ships were in German controlled France, in dock and the UK had to bomb them. At the time German controlled France was the North/West of France, no where near where those ships were. The French naval officer in charge said the ships wouldn't fall into German hands so the UK took no chances and blew them up anyway. Your glorious leader Churchill wrote "This was the most hateful decision, the most unnatural and painful in which I have ever been concerned" but I bet he slept well at night.
Oh, you mean where the French resistance were arrested and shot where after the war the French chased down the collaborators. That part of France. It didn't look like much in the way of freedom. I am sure plenty of French would also agree. Winston Churchill made his decision in a time of war with full backing at the time. now back to understanding some geopolitical politics.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2021, 03:34:55 PM
In what way free? feel free to explain.
Not occupied by German troops. A breading ground for the French resistance. All of France was occupied by 1942, not all of France was occupied in 1940. 

But it's good of you to try move away from the actual point. The French in north Africa had control of those ships when the UK decided, without any warning, that they were going to sink them with everyone on board. You were trying to make out that those ships were in German controlled France, in dock and the UK had to bomb them. At the time German controlled France was the North/West of France, no where near where those ships were. The French naval officer in charge said the ships wouldn't fall into German hands so the UK took no chances and blew them up anyway. Your glorious leader Churchill wrote "This was the most hateful decision, the most unnatural and painful in which I have ever been concerned" but I bet he slept well at night.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 03:31:03 PM
Me thinks you haven't either. Over a third of France was a free zone and it wasn't controlled by Germany/Italy until late 1942.
In what way free? feel free to explain.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2021, 03:07:41 PM
Me thinks you haven't read a history book in your life.
Me thinks you haven't either. Over a third of France was a free zone and it wasn't controlled by Germany/Italy until late 1942.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 03:05:47 PMFrance wasn't occupied until 1942
Me thinks you haven't read a history book in your life.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2021, 01:57:53 PM
The French didn't have control of their own country so a bit less of the historical bollox to suit your own reflections of the past the way you want to see it. They still don't, they are still rioting and protesting about it today. Of course that could be a veiled threat just like the Chinese make. When they told Trumpy the west would pay.
Well these ships weren't in France, were they.
The UK bombed those ships in 1940, with not a care about their ally.
France wasn't occupied until 1942
French resistance saved your bacon at Dunkirk, then the UK coin them surrender monkeys. When the UK was ripe for occupation only for inclement weather.
How's your reflections of the past, rose tinted by any chance ?

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 11:35:59 AM
first the french had control of those ships, remember they were on them when the uk bombed them. A nasty piece of work.
In fairness the french helped get your boys home after the disaster that was dunkirk, didnt take germany long to make mince meat of the uk army, so smart comments about the french are ironic.
The French didn't have control of their own country so a bit less of the historical bollox to suit your own reflections of the past the way you want to see it. They still don't, they are still rioting and protesting about it today. Of course that could be a veiled threat just like the Chinese make. When they told Trumpy the west would pay.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on September 18, 2021, 12:16:33 PM
Well Gerry considering depths to sink to how about DeValera sending condolences on Hitler's death.
Or this https://www.historyireland.com/20th-century-contemporary-history/oh-heres-to-adolph-hitler-the-ira-and-the-nazis/
I never understood why he did that, its said he respected the position of head of state and was neither pro or anti the axis forces, but respecting the position. Very poor judgement i think.
The IRA on the other hand were split. One half saw germany as the means to getting GB out of Ireland, remember at the time Irl Was partitioned and claimed rights over NI, GB being an occupying force.

Strange that neither the UK or USA removed their diplomats from IRL. But you think thats comparable to bombing an ally and killing over 1,000 of their souls, to suit yourself, Wow.
Wasn't there some tie between hitler and either royalty or people in power in the UK, you're a wizz with history, maybe you could explain.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on September 18, 2021, 11:00:39 AM

Nope, because the French were under German control, but then again nothing new there, I guess if the Chinese decided it was time to invade Taiwan, they would be very considerate about it. Which believe it or not, somebody must really think they will.
first the french had control of those ships, remember they were on them when the uk bombed them. A nasty piece of work.
In fairness the french helped get your boys home after the disaster that was dunkirk, didnt take germany long to make mince meat of the uk army, so smart comments about the french are ironic.

Sheepy

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2021, 11:34:25 AM
The French navy wasn't.
I am picking over technicalities with the old folks, he asked and got his answer.

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on September 18, 2021, 10:38:13 AM
They were on the same side, france communicated with the uk to say germany wouldnt get the ships. The french still had possession. Did the uk warn france that they were going to bomb the boats, no, so 1,300 souls were lost. Of course its someone elses fault that the uk decided, unilaterally to kill those people. Is there any depths the uk wouldnt sink too that advances their position.
Well Gerry considering depths to sink to how about DeValera sending condolences on Hitler's death.
Or this https://www.historyireland.com/20th-century-contemporary-history/oh-heres-to-adolph-hitler-the-ira-and-the-nazis/
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe