Interesting notes on funding for XR.

Started by Scott777, October 13, 2019, 11:23:39 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=481 time=1570991141 user_id=48

Blimey you mean you've not been riveted by the exchanges between the Mrs Rooney and Vardy,compulsive viewing of such essential news featuring on the News bulletins in the top spot. :roll:  :?

Damnit Ollie, I forgot that. I was thinking that the whole business would fizzle out due to the rain and cold, but I can see that Western civilization will be brought crashing down by Christmas   :D
Algerie Francais !

Scott777

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=438 time=1570977442 user_id=74
Actually we went through this one before. The woman who set it up was close to our government and three London universities. She even married one of their professors and the same people were running "tax reform" lobbying on a high level. I gave you the links and demonstrated it was nothing to do with crusties. The woman did some biochemistry at Manchester University, worked for a few years in France and India and then got involved with some government scheme to do with the internet and citizen access to it. The records of these activities can be seen if you look her up in Companies House. The conclusion has to be that this a  government organisation, but not officially so. It has been put together by what they euphemistically call networking. The network tends to extend across government and of course part of that government is the BBC. The so-called gifts are just so called because if they were classed as investments they would come under the tax system and be governed by a stricter set of rules and record keeping. They use these philanthropy channels instead to fool you. You can be this is a contract of sorts. I give you this if you do that for me, i.e. something for something.

You're often on the ball.  I forget stuff a lot, but thought a summary of the money cycle is interesting.  As for contract, we must be careful about 'conspiracy'.  Not because people never conspire, which they do all the time, but because expectation is another explanation.  Any government that uses certain firms for the green tech will know that by doing so, the firms are likely to donate in future in order to keep the cycle going.  I can be a kind of unspoken agreement.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Borchester post_id=454 time=1570982293 user_id=62
So what?

All that has happened is that a few eco warriors have camped out in public places and gotten their photos taken. London has not exactly ground to a halt.

I do not know who is funding what appears to be the usual publicity seeking rent a mobbers, but I can't see how they are getting much return on their money.

Not yet, but it's a pressure group which Tories are expected to use to justify more serious measures.  That's the plan, but it might not work with the current turmoil.  Fingers crossed.  On the other hand, a lot more funding is expected, so it may just have begun.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester post_id=474 time=1570989563 user_id=62
Quote from: T00ts post_id=459 time=1570983512 user_id=54

Don't you think it's more subtle than that?

No I don't Toots. In fact I reckon that it is pretty cack handed. A few kids have from the inner London theatre and art schools have turned up in funny costumes and gotten some free publicity. Trafalgar and Parliament Square are full of protesters because they usually are. And the media has jumped on it because there is not much else going on. Meanwhile the rest of the 600 square miles of London is quietly going about its business.

Blimey you mean you've not been riveted by the exchanges between the Mrs Rooney and Vardy,compulsive viewing of such essential news featuring on the News bulletins in the top spot. :roll:  :?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=459 time=1570983512 user_id=54
So what?

All that has happened is that a few eco warriors have camped out in public places and gotten their photos taken. London has not exactly ground to a halt.

I do not know who is funding what appears to be the usual publicity seeking rent a mobbers, but I can't see how they are getting much return on their money.

Don't you think it's more subtle than that?

No I don't Toots. In fact I reckon that it is pretty cack handed. A few kids have from the inner London theatre and art schools have turned up in funny costumes and gotten some free publicity. Trafalgar and Parliament Square are full of protesters because they usually are. And the media has jumped on it because there is not much else going on. Meanwhile the rest of the 600 square miles of London is quietly going about its business.
Algerie Francais !

Baron von Lotsov

So what?

The return is legislative. That's what these people are buying - the cost of changing the law. Law is force in the marketplace and can be used for market distortion and protectionism. That makes unfair advantage, and therefore unfair money, which that is the final payback. See how petrol prices rise, and indeed all energy prices. Where people pay more for the same thing it means someone is making more money out of it. Indeed you would find all industrial output getting cheaper in real terms because of technology. In the mid-70s a TV would cost you £300, but that £300 would buy about five times as much back then. It's the same with all of those machines industry uses.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

T00ts

So what?

Don't you think it's more subtle than that? We've had the kids taking to the streets, now followed by a far more  intrepid group who amongst their plastic waste have tucked away a few £££s for their trouble. For the greens to make money we need to be quietly brainwashed into the crisis that awaits us. Already we have Corbyn promising to pump millions into renewables all of which will no doubt be someone's profit - though not us. I think he described it the other day as the new industrial revolution.I don't expect BJ to be far behind particularly as it has been whipped up into the forefront of the electorate's collective mind. It all seems to be on the basis of mass hysteria and sadly the sane voices are being drowned out.

What's that saying? No accumulation with speculation? I think that's where we currently are.

Borchester

So what?

Algerie Francais !

Scott777

Quote from: Barry post_id=421 time=1570968796 user_id=51
Good post, Scott,  :hattip  as usual a very good idea to follow the money.

There is an interesting blog, http://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/2019/02/03/the-manufacturing-of-greta-thunberg-for-consent-the-house-is-on-fire-the-90-trillion-dollar-rescue/">the manufacturing of Greta Thunberg, which points to funding from suppliers of photovoltaic cells and wind turbines. Wh'd have thought it?

:hattip

There's so much to research, but at least the clues add up.  Two weak links appear.  The true grass-roots, whose brainwashing could be reversed, and the government, who are being pushed to spend our money (probably the pension funds).  We must keep an eye on Boris and whoever may come next.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=394 time=1570962219 user_id=59

Almost half a million quid from wealthy US investors.  That's interesting.  I wonder what they are investing in.

Aileen Getty, founding donor of the Climate Emergency Fund, is granddaughter of petrol-industrialist, Jean Paul Getty, named the world's richest private citizen by the 1966 Guinness Book of Records.  That's interesting. What a coincidence that lots of oil money has gone to someone who happens to care so much about the environment.  She was probably thinking: my family is so rich from fossil fuels, but now it's time to stop anyone else from doing the same.  How kind.

In June 2001, her rich daddy, Getty Jr gave £5 million to the Conservative Party.  How interesting.  But in case you're wondering, I'm sure the Tories don't have anything do with all this Climate Extremism.

Unless... just maybe, it's time for these people made rich from oil to have their fingers in some other pies, green techmology, perhaps.  Hmmm.  I wonder if the Tories plan to spend our money on such tech, and I wonder who might profit.  Hmm.  What a puzzle.

Actually we went through this one before. The woman who set it up was close to our government and three London universities. She even married one of their professors and the same people were running "tax reform" lobbying on a high level. I gave you the links and demonstrated it was nothing to do with crusties. The woman did some biochemistry at Manchester University, worked for a few years in France and India and then got involved with some government scheme to do with the internet and citizen access to it. The records of these activities can be seen if you look her up in Companies House. The conclusion has to be that this a  government organisation, but not officially so. It has been put together by what they euphemistically call networking. The network tends to extend across government and of course part of that government is the BBC. The so-called gifts are just so called because if they were classed as investments they would come under the tax system and be governed by a stricter set of rules and record keeping. They use these philanthropy channels instead to fool you. You can be this is a contract of sorts. I give you this if you do that for me, i.e. something for something.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Barry

Good post, Scott,  :hattip  as usual a very good idea to follow the money.

There is an interesting blog, http://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/2019/02/03/the-manufacturing-of-greta-thunberg-for-consent-the-house-is-on-fire-the-90-trillion-dollar-rescue/">the manufacturing of Greta Thunberg, which points to funding from suppliers of photovoltaic cells and wind turbines. Wh'd have thought it?
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Almost half a million quid from wealthy US investors.  That's interesting.  I wonder what they are investing in.

Aileen Getty, founding donor of the Climate Emergency Fund, is granddaughter of petrol-industrialist, Jean Paul Getty, named the world's richest private citizen by the 1966 Guinness Book of Records.  That's interesting. What a coincidence that lots of oil money has gone to someone who happens to care so much about the environment.  She was probably thinking: my family is so rich from fossil fuels, but now it's time to stop anyone else from doing the same.  How kind.

In June 2001, her rich daddy, Getty Jr gave £5 million to the Conservative Party.  How interesting.  But in case you're wondering, I'm sure the Tories don't have anything do with all this Climate Extremism.

Unless... just maybe, it's time for these people made rich from oil to have their fingers in some other pies, green techmology, perhaps.  Hmmm.  I wonder if the Tories plan to spend our money on such tech, and I wonder who might profit.  Hmm.  What a puzzle.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jul/12/us-philanthropists-vow-to-raise-millions-for-climate-activists">https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -activists">https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jul/12/us-philanthropists-vow-to-raise-millions-for-climate-activists

https://climateemergencyfund.org/about-us/">https://climateemergencyfund.org/about-us/