Fruit of the season.

Started by T00ts, September 17, 2021, 07:13:19 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on September 18, 2021, 01:30:18 PM
im shocked...................

Think we've got enough plums don't you Thomas?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on September 17, 2021, 07:13:19 PM
Just as a short interlude from the heavy politics I bought a pear tree 2 years ago. It was for a patio and would grow in a pot but in my wisdom I planted it out in the garden and it has grown very well. Last year it didn't fruit as was expected but this year there was a small amount of blossom and I have waited patiently. This year it has fruited - I picked 3 dark red plums today!

Now either this tree is having a difficult personal crisis or was wrongly labeled to start with in which case the grower was. Life is full of surprises!

I must be bored. I walked out to the garden to look at the plants we have in our patio containers. These include dwarf rootstock plums, pears and apples (last year was really quote boring)....

I can't tell the difference in foliage at a distance. I suspect a um tree did a runner......
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

HDQQ

Just as a short interlude from the heavy politics I bought a pear tree 2 years ago. It was for a patio and would grow in a pot but in my wisdom I planted it out in the garden and it has grown very well. Last year it didn't fruit as was expected but this year there was a small amount of blossom and I have waited patiently. This year it has fruited - I picked 3 dark red plums today!

Now either this tree is having a difficult personal crisis or was wrongly labeled to start with in which case the grower was. Life is full of surprises!

I blame Brexit. If we'd stayed in the EU you'd have got your pears instead of the unwanted plums!  Dancing
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on September 17, 2021, 07:19:30 PMI know you believe in miracles
Ha ha. Beat me to it.
Borchester - do you like a nice juicy pear?
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on September 17, 2021, 07:19:30 PM
Life is indeed full of surprises and I know you believe in miracles but you planted a pear tree and have picked 3 plums from it.......blimey!

Dancing Dancing Dancing My thought exactly!

cromwell

Life is indeed full of surprises and I know you believe in miracles but you planted a pear tree and have picked 3 plums from it.......blimey!
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts