Main Menu

Macron is really miffed

Started by T00ts, September 17, 2021, 09:36:33 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on September 19, 2021, 10:57:46 AM
It seems that Macron having thrown all his toys out of the pram has now started on his rubber boats in the bath. How many days has it been since the announcement of Aukus, an agreement carried out in great secret, and yet Macron and his cohorts are still seething? Apart from an initial hissy fit from the EU hierarchy they have largely kept quiet but then it is reported that the Dutch leader was already on his way to Downing St to offer some sort of security deal. Perhaps they do need us?

Still it did remind me of discussions had as Brexit was being fought. Comments about how the EU was slow, no longer forward looking, slow to embrace new advances and lacking innovation while favouring home technologies. This was particularly clear with recent vaccine disputes where France failed completely in producing their vaccine which the rest of the EU had waited patiently for.

France has been caught out because Australia realised that the rising cost of diesel fuelled subs that France was offering were easily outclassed and outpriced by the ones they are now agreed to with us and the US. Macron far from throwing a tantrum should surely be asking himself why in the light of climate change etc his country is proving less capable. Is it just a French problem or an EU one? Is the EU beginning to reap what it has sown.
Im not that familair with the issue, but is there not two things happening. One is the pact between us/uk/aus, which is fair enough, fire away lads.
The second Aus having an order placed for 90b is now cancelling that and placing an order with the US. Is this not what France is upset about ?  Uk tabloids linking these two stories and coming up with 1+1=3 is nothing new. How do uk people keep lapping it up.

T00ts

It seems that Macron having thrown all his toys out of the pram has now started on his rubber boats in the bath. How many days has it been since the announcement of Aukus, an agreement carried out in great secret, and yet Macron and his cohorts are still seething? Apart from an initial hissy fit from the EU hierarchy they have largely kept quiet but then it is reported that the Dutch leader was already on his way to Downing St to offer some sort of security deal. Perhaps they do need us?

Still it did remind me of discussions had as Brexit was being fought. Comments about how the EU was slow, no longer forward looking, slow to embrace new advances and lacking innovation while favouring home technologies. This was particularly clear with recent vaccine disputes where France failed completely in producing their vaccine which the rest of the EU had waited patiently for.

France has been caught out because Australia realised that the rising cost of diesel fuelled subs that France was offering were easily outclassed and outpriced by the ones they are now agreed to with us and the US. Macron far from throwing a tantrum should surely be asking himself why in the light of climate change etc his country is proving less capable. Is it just a French problem or an EU one? Is the EU beginning to reap what it has sown.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on September 17, 2021, 10:25:39 PM
Ambassador to Australia now recalled as well. I guess the chap here will be next. Do we have a French Ambassador or is that covered by the EU one? Perhaps he's hoping both will go hand in hand through the Euro tunnel. Perhaps he will shut it down! After all isn't the EU all for one and one for all. I can hardly wait!

There is indeed a French Ambassador to the UK

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_Colonna

I think Boris might have swapped ours over.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ambassadors_of_the_United_Kingdom_to_France

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on September 17, 2021, 10:25:39 PM
Ambassador to Australia now recalled as well. I guess the chap here will be next. Do we have a French Ambassador or is that covered by the EU one? Perhaps he's hoping both will go hand in hand through the Euro tunnel. Perhaps he will shut it down! After all isn't the EU all for one and one for all. I can hardly wait!

I dare say that he has to throw a strop what with the presidential elections due in only six months.

These submarines. Is there any chance that the UK might get a slice of the cake?
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on September 17, 2021, 09:59:21 PM
True.

:) :) :) :)

Macron is toast, I doubt anybody is much bothered by him throwing a wobbly, he is reduced to playing comic at the old folks home.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on September 17, 2021, 09:43:37 PM
Oh dear me,what a soft sod.

I was never a fan of this business with Biden but the more I see Macron throwing a wobbly the more I think it's great.

True.

:) :) :) :)

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on September 17, 2021, 09:36:33 PM
Macron has now withdrawn the French Ambassador to USA. Why. He's cross. I mean his elections are approaching and now he has lost all that money with the deal with Australia going pear shaped. Oh dear. You have to feel sorry for the poor chap. How long before he turns on us as well? I'm really frightened.   Dancing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10002777/France-RECALLS-ambassador-amid-row-new-UK-Australia-pact.html
Oh dear me,what a soft sod.

I was never a fan of this business with Biden but the more I see Macron throwing a wobbly the more I think it's great.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Macron has now withdrawn the French Ambassador to USA. Why. He's cross. I mean his elections are approaching and now he has lost all that money with the deal with Australia going pear shaped. Oh dear. You have to feel sorry for the poor chap. How long before he turns on us as well? I'm really frightened.   Dancing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10002777/France-RECALLS-ambassador-amid-row-new-UK-Australia-pact.html