Main Menu

Macron is really miffed

Started by T00ts, September 17, 2021, 09:36:33 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 22, 2021, 03:40:04 PMI currently work mostly on Pharma customer sites, heavy industry on some of the largest projects in IRL and Europe.

That's interesting, we do Pharma. What part of the process do you do?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

By now Biden will have had a long chat with Macron told him it was all the fault of the British and how the French are super lovely, but he cannot let the Australians down now he has been slyly led into it by Boris. Macron will say what a lovely fella Biden is and never could stand that Boris bloke.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 22, 2021, 03:22:19 PMNo he is not swapping shifts, he is getting somebody else to do his shift, in other words substituting.

Do tell.. Which supermarket allows your son to just send someone in to do the work when he doesn't work for them? How does he get paid? How is he covered by employers liability insurance?

When you substitute do you ask some stranger standing on a street corner to fill in for you.

No, I have a business contract in place that has a clause in it that specifically states I have the right to substitute.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 22, 2021, 09:59:54 AMThe monies the EU collects from the 27 countries is approx 150b gross,[highlight] what would be removed if Germany left is Germany's nett contribution, not their gross contribution. [/highlight] If that happened the monies the EU would collect would fall to 135b, all things staying equal. I think from that 135b the EU can continue to pay the 9b costs to run the "EU" and have some left over to spend on the development projects, which is the monies sent back to EU countries.

It was 146 Billion in 2018, including the UK. The UK's GROSS contribution including VAT, Customs and GNI was 20 billion so your 146 Billion is now 126 Billion.
Germany's total contribution including VAT, customs and GNI is 31 Billion per year so if they left your figure of 126 billion is now 95 billion.

Your ridiculous statement that if Germany left, the EU would only lose the Net is laughable. Do you think Germany would still be sending money? No so you'd lose the lot, all 31 billion of it.

2 countries down and the EU total annual revenue is down from 146 to 95 Billion, that's 35%.

How you think a country leaves the EU and you don't take their gross contribution away from the EU's gross revenue is beyond me. Either deal in net or gross but the in and out will still show the same, that without the UK and Germany the coffers are down 35%.

As it stands at the moment the EU would lose 31 billion from its 126 billion, that's 25% with just Germany leaving. The 31 Billion is soon going to be 44 billion when the EU requests that Germany take up 42% of the slack after Brexit.

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on September 22, 2021, 04:21:42 PM
I'm not surprised that a topic on Macron has got down to willy-waving. I'm sure Macron managed to impress his schoolteacher with his.
In fairness Barry, I'd much prefer to debate the topic, not the person. But I'm either being giver a grammar lesson or personal questions. I'll try to ignore these in the future.

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on September 22, 2021, 03:40:04 PM
Well CSCS doesn't work in Ireland, it's safe-pass, same thing different body. I'm not just taking about site work. Does your company not PAT test plugs tops, hold fire drills, conduct manual handling training for office staff, why ? . As for RAMS don't be silly, not every company has on line systems, how in hell can you do a risk assessment without walking the area to assess the risk. You also have to walk the area to see if your standard method of performing work needs changing. Iyt's impossible to do without first walking the area, and you say I'm blagging. I currently work mostly on Pharma customer sites, heavy industry on some of the largest projects in IRL and Europe. If you think tool box talks only happen when something goes wrong that really shows you haven't a clue. Their a constant requirement.
I run my own small business but over my 36yrs working I have had many rolls, from design, installation, commissioning, management (department and business unit). For mostly large engineering firms. I'd say two are probably the largest engineering firms globally. So yes I have plenty of experience in this field.
I'm not surprised that a topic on Macron has got down to willy-waving. I'm sure Macron managed to impress his schoolteacher with his.
† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on September 22, 2021, 03:36:56 PM
I have to say that for an Irish plumber Gerry is amazingly well up on English contract law.
I'm not a Plumber borchester, never have been. But I did start working life as an electrician

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2021, 01:18:20 AM
Another generalisation based on a little knowledge. What you're talking about is site work, and nowadays you will be required to hold a CSCS card, online safety passports don't cut it anymore. Another indication that you're blagging it is RAMS, you don't complete them on site, you sign onto them. Toolbox talks generally only occur when contractors have been doing things wrong, like leaving panels open or not tidying the area or not using LOTO correctly. Regardless of CSCS or SMSTS the likes or Mace, TSL or Winvic will ask you to do an induction. I've done loads of Airports, Amazon's and such in the U.K., and regardless of how many sites you've been on they require you to do an induction.
Well CSCS doesn't work in Ireland, it's safe-pass, same thing different body. I'm not just taking about site work. Does your company not PAT test plugs tops, hold fire drills, conduct manual handling training for office staff, why ? . As for RAMS don't be silly, not every company has on line systems, how in hell can you do a risk assessment without walking the area to assess the risk. You also have to walk the area to see if your standard method of performing work needs changing. Iyt's impossible to do without first walking the area, and you say I'm blagging. I currently work mostly on Pharma customer sites, heavy industry on some of the largest projects in IRL and Europe. If you think tool box talks only happen when something goes wrong that really shows you haven't a clue. Their a constant requirement.

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2021, 01:18:20 AMYou're talking to people who do this day in day out, and you're the guy that's read a few passages online and is trying to kid a kiddo, unlucky Gerry.
I own an engineering company that deals with Amaon, airports around the world, ASOS, Diageo, Hexcel and you're trying to tell me about employment and liability!!
How about you tell us a little about your experience with site work, SMSTS, CDM and HSE, that kind of stuff. All you've told us up til now is that your son works in a supermarket, and if he's had a few too many the night before and feels a bit ropey the good people at Tesco allow him to send his mate Spike in to fill a few shelves.
I run my own small business but over my 36yrs working I have had many rolls, from design, installation, commissioning, management (department and business unit). For mostly large engineering firms. I'd say two are probably the largest engineering firms globally. So yes I have plenty of experience in this field.

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on September 22, 2021, 03:22:19 PM
?  I'm not wasting any more time arguing with you Gerry, I'll just waste more time again.

See I fixed that for you.
No he is not swapping shifts, he is getting somebody else to do his shift, in other words substituting.
When you substitute do you ask some stranger standing on a street corner to fill in for you.
You can put me on notice, if your trying to change a contract term then I can refuse to do said change and then you can make the position redundant (but can't be filled for 12 months). If you don't I can claim constructive dismissal. Depends on the wording of the contract in the first place and if such changes are allowed. The most common is salary, where an employer may want to change this. But he had best make that provision in the contract or the employee is in for a big pay day, or just ignore the change and continue on with the original contract.
Is that so, thought you weren't wasting any more time.

I have to say that for an Irish plumber Gerry is amazingly well up on English contract law.
Algerie Francais !

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 08:31:23 PM
I'm not wasting any more time arguing with you Gerry, I'll just correct you again.
?  I'm not wasting any more time arguing with you Gerry, I'll just waste more time again.

See I fixed that for you.

Your son is not substituting, he is swapping shifts with another employee, unless you're telling me he can ask his mate who doesn't work for 'Tesco' to just tip up and do his shift for him? I highly doubt that. 
No he is not swapping shifts, he is getting somebody else to do his shift, in other words substituting.

Secondly: I can't change your contract without agreeing it first?
Wrong again, I can put you on notice that I am changing your contract, you have 13 weeks to either accept my enforced changes or you get another job. 
You can put me on notice, if your trying to change a contract term then I can refuse to do said change and then you can make the position redundant (but can't be filled for 12 months). If you don't I can claim constructive dismissal. Depends on the wording of the contract in the first place and if such changes are allowed. The most common is salary, where an employer may want to change this. But he had best make that provision in the contract or the employee is in for a big pay day, or just ignore the change and continue on with the original contract.

I'm quite happy to debate this but not with someone who just spews out the same nonsense in an ever changing form.
Is that so, thought you weren't wasting any more time.

papasmurf

In the case of Britain any contract for defence work also has had since 1916 compliance with employment rights and pay rates built into it.
(I won an employment tribunal on that point and strangely and to this day the government sent a QC to the tribunal to defend me about it.  My ex-employer lost all his defence related contracts as a result.)
An emergent property was I had no problem at all getting employed by another defence contractor who had been undercut by my ex-employer.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on September 17, 2021, 09:36:33 PM
Macron has now withdrawn the French Ambassador to USA. Why. He's cross. I mean his elections are approaching and now he has lost all that money with the deal with Australia going pear shaped. Oh dear. You have to feel sorry for the poor chap. How long before he turns on us as well? I'm really frightened.   Dancing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10002777/France-RECALLS-ambassador-amid-row-new-UK-Australia-pact.html
Quite.

The French are throwing a strop but there is sod all they can do about.

Haven't had such a laugh since ma caught her tits in the mangle.  :) Dancing Union Flag
Algerie Francais !

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 08:48:29 PM
This is going to take a while.

The 15T, and I'm not checking it, is the size of the market of 27 countries. This is not money available to the EU, this is the 27 separate countries money. Germany is 3.3 of this you say, so Germany is 22% of the EU 27 economy.

Q). Assuming the EU has a bank account with no money in it, how much money will the 27 countries put in that bank account in 1 year?

This will be very quick.
The EU will at least need the cost to run the EU institutions, about 10.5b, the rest is spent on development projects.

If Germany leaves the costs to run the EU will reduce, less MEP's, commissioners, civil servants, lets say the cost to run the EU becomes 9b.

I could find that Germany's nett contribution in 2018 was circa 13b, lets say this has risen to 15b today, an assumption as I can't find the data and I have a meeting at 10 !

The monies the EU collects from the 27 countries is approx 150b gross, what would be removed if Germany left is Germany's nett contribution, not their gross contribution. If that happened the monies the EU would collect would fall to 135b, all things staying equal. I think from that 135b the EU can continue to pay the 9b costs to run the "EU" and have some left over to spend on the development projects, which is the monies sent back to EU countries.

Yes countries would see less money coming back, i.e. they would have less EU development projects, but the reduction would be what Germany was sending Nett to the EU, thats about 15b over the remaining 26 countries. Who knows how that would be proportioned, but I guess countries that currently receive the most would also see a larger reduction in funding. But in no way would that stop the EU. It would remain a trading block of approx 12T.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2021, 01:18:20 AM

I own an engineering company that deals with Amazon, airports around the world, ASOS, Diageo, Hexcel and you're trying to tell me about employment and liability!!

I suggest you tell that to some of those companies, as they appear to be in ignorance of such matters.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 22, 2021, 12:35:40 AM
OK Here's the thing. You just earned my favourite Star Trek Quote:

"Die In Ignorance; I can waste no more time on you"

As you're well aware of John the facts stop after...
Quote from: GerryT on September 21, 2021, 11:20:11 AMEmployers do this all the time, send employees on training courses

Did you hear any rumours of French submarine techs being sent on courses to learn how to built the Ozzie subs? I didn't so they can't have been employees of Australia... Maybe they were principle contractors after all!!