Main Menu

Macron is really miffed

Started by T00ts, September 17, 2021, 09:36:33 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 21, 2021, 11:20:11 AMEmployers do this all the time, send employees on training courses, get them to complete risk assessments, tool box talks, inspection of equipment. Site specific induction courses etc, etc..
But all of that doesn't absolve the employer of his responsibility. If something were to happen to you a good employment lawyer could make mince meat of the employer. What ever happened to you he would break down and look at from dozens of angles, he would make the case that the employer didn't do enough, its never enough. Why ? very simply because something happened to you and there's always a way to prove that more could have been done. The Employer is then pinned with the "more could have been done"

Another generalisation based on a little knowledge. What you're talking about is site work, and nowadays you will be required to hold a CSCS card, online safety passports don't cut it anymore. Another indication that you're blagging it is RAMS, you don't complete them on site, you sign onto them. Toolbox talks generally only occur when contractors have been doing things wrong, like leaving panels open or not tidying the area or not using LOTO correctly. Regardless of CSCS or SMSTS the likes or Mace, TSL or Winvic will ask you to do an induction. I've done loads of Airports, Amazon's and such in the U.K., and regardless of how many sites you've been on they require you to do an induction.

You're talking to people who do this day in day out, and you're the guy that's read a few passages online and is trying to kid a kiddo, unlucky Gerry.

I own an engineering company that deals with Amazon, airports around the world, ASOS, Diageo, Hexcel and you're trying to tell me about employment and liability!!

How about you tell us a little about your experience with site work, SMSTS, CDM and HSE, that kind of stuff. All you've told us up til now is that your son works in a supermarket, and if he's had a few too many the night before and feels a bit ropey the good people at Tesco allow him to send his mate Spike in to fill a few shelves.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: GerryT on September 21, 2021, 11:20:11 AM
Employers do this all the time, send employees on training courses, get them to complete risk assessments, tool box talks, inspection of equipment. Site specific induction courses etc, etc..
But all of that doesn't absolve the employer of his responsibility. If something were to happen to you a good employment lawyer could make mince meat of the employer. What ever happened to you he would break down and look at from dozens of angles, he would make the case that the employer didn't do enough, its never enough. Why ? very simply because something happened to you and there's always a way to prove that more could have been done. The Employer is then pinned with the "more could have been done"
OK Here's the thing. Youjust earned my favourite Star Trek Quote:

"Die In Ignorance; I can waste no more time on you"

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Nigel on September 21, 2021, 02:04:43 PM
It was a contract for the sale of goods and services. [HIGHLIGHT]But what difference does it make?[/HIGHLIGHT] It won't affect the damages amount France would be entitled to if Australia is in breach. If Australia isn't in breach because the contract allowed them to terminate, then the French have nothing to complain about - they should have made a better contract. It's all just guesswork until details of the contract appear. As far as I can see, the major issue for the French is being excluded from the Aukus alliance.

The only difference is pointing out that it isn't an employment contract to Gerry, who thinks any contract between sentient beings is an employment contract.

To get back on track, the Germans signed a contract with the Ozzies within hours so weren't that concerned, the French haven't issued any threats of action and the Australians have basically said you should have seen this coming due to your conduct.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 21, 2021, 09:49:33 PM
Whatever is in the photos you posted, Nick, I would support the notion that the original 6 members of the EEC are mostly in control of the current 27 in the EU.
They are France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.

A scene in 'A few good men'.

Gerry just sees and believes what he is being told, but anyone that understands the real world knows that subversive orders and chats occur in the background, just like in the lobbying cafés in Brussels.

https://youtu.be/9FnO3igOkOk

Nick

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 09:36:02 PM
Do Tesco employ many Football managers?
Well I was being facetious.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Whatever is in the photos you posted, Nick, I would support the notion that the original 6 members of the EEC are mostly in control of the current 27 in the EU.
They are France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 21, 2021, 09:02:45 PM
are you sure?

Might be like Gerrys son and substituted.

I posted the wrong picture, I could have switched it but I'll let Gerry dine out on it for a while. Let's face it, he isn't make much as a contracts lawyer.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 21, 2021, 08:49:33 PMWell technically his son could substitute if he's a football player manager.

Do Tesco employ many Football managers?

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 06:59:35 PM
He's bent down tying his shoes.
are you sure?

Might be like Gerrys son and substituted.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 08:31:23 PM
I'm not wasting any more time arguing with you Gerry, I'll just correct you again.

Your son is not substituting, he is swapping shifts with another employee, unless you're telling me he can ask his mate who doesn't work for 'Tesco' to just tip up and do his shift for him? I highly doubt that.

Secondly: I can't change your contract without agreeing it first?
Wrong again, I can put you on notice that I am changing your contract, you have 13 weeks to either accept my enforced changes or you get another job.

I'm quite happy to debate this but not with someone who just spews out the same nonsense in an ever changing form.
Well technically his son could substitute if he's a football player manager.

The reality ,Gerry is just a WUM and not worth the effort.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 21, 2021, 08:18:04 PMIf Germany quit the EU would continue, the EU is approx 15T common market, Germany is 3.3T. The EU would continue as a approx 12T market. The EU budget is about 150b, only 7% goes to the running of the EU, that's 10.5b. That works out at 0.07% of each countries GDP. That's easily managed. That would cut out development programmes but very easily done. I reality countries could keep payments at the current rate and development programmes would continue, just not at the same rate.

This is going to take a while.

The 15T, and I'm not checking it, is the size of the market of 27 countries. This is not money available to the EU, this is the 27 separate countries money. Germany is 3.3 of this you say, so Germany is 22% of the EU 27 economy.

Q). Assuming the EU has a bank account with no money in it, how much money will the 27 countries put in that bank account in 1 year?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 06:08:50 PM
Oh look who first equated it to "silly employment terms". You did 😂
Exactly AUS the employer, employed France. It's a contract and that contract will be used to determine the outcome.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 05:54:34 PM

2nd picture on google image search "EU leaders".  😂
Oh and blow me, look where they where. Merkel, Cameron and slap bang in the middle.
Nick you have the Irish 'PM' in that photo, does Ireland rule the EU now.

OMG, Charles Michel, now Belgium is ruling the EU, with either Denmark or Finland beside him. Who would have thought they ruled the EU
Wait, there's Tusk, he's from Poland, so he ruled the EU. Poland, who would have thought.
Who's thay guy in the yellow tie with the little guy to the right and the old gent with the straight back. They at some point ruled the EU. So many rulers, so many photos.

Nick

I'm not wasting any more time arguing with you Gerry, I'll just correct you again.

Your son is not substituting, he is swapping shifts with another employee, unless you're telling me he can ask his mate who doesn't work for 'Tesco' to just tip up and do his shift for him? I highly doubt that.

Secondly: I can't change your contract without agreeing it first?
Wrong again, I can put you on notice that I am changing your contract, you have 13 weeks to either accept my enforced changes or you get another job.

I'm quite happy to debate this but not with someone who just spews out the same nonsense in an ever changing form.

Quote from: GerryT on September 21, 2021, 07:49:56 PMbut it does have to be by agreement.