Brexit slowly killing the fishing industry.

Started by papasmurf, September 18, 2021, 08:00:36 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2021, 01:02:50 PM
They are being obscured by Covid which is why you are not noticing them.

If they are not noticed then they don't exist as far as anyone is concerned.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2021, 01:02:50 PM

excuses excuses. :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 12:29:20 PM
A few posts ago you said they were all being masked by Covid!
Which is it?

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2021, 12:42:11 PM

Gerry , you just arent Machiavellian enough to pul the wool over the lowly voters eyes are you?

Well, Gerry is only 13 and there isn't a lot going on in Catford on a Sunday.

:)
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on September 19, 2021, 10:46:00 AM
More anti Brit.....well English really rants.

Btw Gerry can't answer good old Eamons depths he sank to yet?

I think it is fair to point out that due to the EU embargo, particularly the unrestricted submarine warfare being waged by the French fleet as a result of the Chinese/Australia/UK/US dispute which has left untold numbers of half built diesel vessels seeking employment, the Borchester clan has fallen back on ploughing up the downs and eating each other.

We have mountains of spuds, industrial quantities of plums, apples, grapes, pumpkins etc and the prospect of more in the months to come. So we won't starve. On the other hand, it is all organic and in the nature of such, is not around for long. So should Gerry and his Fenian friends shut down the loo paper mines, then this part of old England is going to be in serious trouble.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 10:48:07 AM
Brexit has only started,

...and yet prior to johnsons landslide in 2019 , you were saying the opposite , that brexit was done and dusted ( when like those in the labour party you still clung to the idea you could pull the wool over voters eyes and give the public a BRINO).

Gerry , you just arent machiavellian enough to pul the wool over the lowly voters eyes are you?

This concerned paddy mc gurk impersonation really is wearing a bit thin now.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 10:27:28 AM
Could ypu name some, as this was something i wondered about before brexit. That is, what EU rules did people want removed/changed and why.

Gerry , do you honestly think repeating the same old questions over and over , which were debated at great length pre 2016 and post , is somehow justifying your point of view?

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 10:19:51 AM
the point still stands,

No it doesnt. You mentioned the uk having a missing 100 000 lorry drivers and said ireland isnt seeing these issues , the implication the uk and brexit is at fault , when the fact of the matter is the lorry driver shortage is world wide , with many countries haveing greater problems than the uk.

By all means gerry come on here and carry on trying to "point score" over brexit.

...but when you bring up ridiculous muck raking and trying to blame global issues on brexit , you will get called out on that fact.

You do your own "remain/rejoin/brino " cause an injustice by making such puerile points.

The more you lie or smear , the more people switch off to the EU. You arent doing yourself any favours.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2021, 11:50:07 AM
Nick you really do need to take your Brexit blinkers off. There are now too many problems being caused by Brexit to list.

A few posts ago you said they were all being masked by Covid!
Which is it?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 11:32:36 AM
The EU didnt do anything to try stop the uk leaving, offering a multitude of deal types from close integration to bare or no integration. Where did the eu try force the uks hand.if the uk wants to sil off to the sunset by all means do. Just stop trying to blame the eu for all the uk mistakes
Eh? I am not in the slightest interested in the EU, you asked a question and got an answer. You are the one all over it like a rash, because old Smurphy don't know how to live out his days in the old folks home without crying about it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on September 19, 2021, 11:44:34 AM
So in post #53  it was a cliff edge but now it isn't,any news on Eamon and hitler yet.
I said the truck driver issue became a cliff edge in the UK, not that brexit was a cliff edge. I've posted here long enough for you to know that. In fact the only people that spoke of the cliff edge were brexiteers. Their strawman. "The sky is going to fall in" etc... it was said we are dealing in yrs or decades before the true impact of brexit is felt.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 11:21:24 AM
So like I said, there are no Brexit problems yet.

Nick you really do need to take your Brexit blinkers off. There are now too many problems being caused by Brexit to list.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 11:06:05 AM
Its most def associated with brexit. Barriers for people coming to work, uncertainty that the uk could change laws which directly affect their status, custom delays where drivers in demand find themselves trapped in the uk with no income. Etc etc etc etc...
The uk has covid issues+brexit issues.

A short term hit ?  Brexit was never a cliff edge, more like death by a thousand cuts, it needs yrs or decades to properly manifest. Give it time

Let me add, the uk has yet to impose or start its import checks on eu goods, thats more problems on the horizon, big problems
So in post #53  it was a cliff edge but now it isn't,any news on Eamon and hitler yet.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2021, 11:23:44 AM
You see that is what the EU and its minions believe, that they have such a deep hold over our politics they can slowly but surely bring us to heel, never considering the populists won't have any of it. Even the old Tories think we are somehow like the Lib Dems we lend you a few million votes to do a job, then they think they have control. Which amuses us no end.
The EU didnt do anything to try stop the uk leaving, offering a multitude of deal types from close integration to bare or no integration. Where did the eu try force the uks hand.if the uk wants to sil off to the sunset by all means do. Just stop trying to blame the eu for all the uk mistakes

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 11:26:49 AM
The EU may not have decades. If the French election goes the wrong way for the EU then it will come down like a house of cards.

The last election they cheated the French people hasn't gone very well for them. I doubt they are considering it again.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!